W5GI Mystery Antennapop
- W5GI Mystery Antenna is a multi-band wire antenna that performs exceptionally well even though it confounds antenna modeling software.
This antenna covers 80 to 6 meters with low feed point impedance and will work with most radios, with or without an antenna tuner. It is approximately 100 feet long, can handle the legal limit, and is easy and inexpensive to build. It is similar to a G5RV but a much better performer especially on 20 meters.
Antenna wire catenary calculator
- This is a simple calculator for solving the antenna wire catenary between to end points given the design wind speed, mass per unit length of the wire, wire diameter and Gross Breaking Strength of the wire.
HF Home made Balunpop
- A balun is a device that is used at the feedpoint of a balanced antenna when an unbalanced feedline is desired to feed the antenna. Balun is a contraction for BALanced to UNbalanced.
Antenna Impedance measurement
- When experimenting on an antenna it's often important to determine its feedpoint impedance at various frequencies across the operating band. It's easy enough to measure SWR, but sometimes we need to know more detail than this
Some plain facts about multiband vertical antennas
- There is considerable confusion as to what exactly a multiband vertical antenna is. The confusion concerns the method of feed, how much mismatch one can expect, how many radials are required, how the particular antenna is built for multiband use, plus some other points.
Sensitivity of Multi Turn Receiving Loops
- Magnetism is manifested as a 'field of vectors', that is, any point in the magnetic field has not only a magnitude, but a direction in space. The four Maxwell equations describe how electric and magnetic vector fields behave and interact.
802.11b Homebrew WiFi Antenna Shootoutpop
- Guide to homebrew your wifi antenna, using a tin can, in this cases using a pringles can. This antennas are also known as cantenna and let you spread your wifi signal.
[ Hits: 69215 | Votes: 50 | Rating: 6.87 ]
How to build a tin can waveguide antennapop
- Looking for an inexpensive way to increase the range of your wireless network? A tin can waveguide antenna, or Cantenna, may be just the ticket. This design can be built for under $5 U.S. and reuses a food, juice, or other tin can.
Colorado QSO Party
- After some years of absence the Colorado QSO Party (COQP) is going to happen again. Mark you calendar, tune up your rig and point your antenna toward the Central Rocky Mountains and get ready for a fun time.
W9DC IOTA Awards
- W9DC North America Amateur Radio checkpoint for IOTA Islands on the Air and WLH World Lighthouse award applications and award instructions; Island and lighthouse award links for international radio operator activities
PJ9JT Contesting QTH
- SignalPoint, Caribbean Contesting Consortium. Curacao. CCC's contesting QTH is the former home of PJ9JT, John Thompson, W1BIH. This historic site has been the home of many contest wins since 1971.
- Austin Antenna employs leading-edge antenna technology in the production of the highest performance antennas currently available. Marine Antenna, Multi-band Mobile, Point-to-Point, Base Station, Wide-band Land Based, LPDA, Linear Omni, Triplexer, Scanner Antennas
- A smarter version of the Smith Chart program. It allows you to dynamically generate impedance point plots as you configure each design element of an impedance matching network. Has an extensive Help file with a Wizard that tells you what steps to take in designing a matching network for a given load impedance. Complete Windows installation kit by w9dmk
[ Hits: 1731 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 1.43 ]
3 EL Quad Designer
- This DOS program will figure the wire sizes for a 3 element quad and will also give you the distance from the center of the boom to drill your holes for mounting the wire on the spider. it also gives you the length of the 4 quarter wave lengths of wire in case you would like to figure the spreader drill points yourself.
- The Narrow Band Emergency Messaging System (NBEMS) for Windows is a suite of software programs designed for point-to-point, fast, error-free, emergency messaging up to or over 100 miles distant, and takes up a very minimum of frequency space on the ham bands, leaving more space for other ham activites.
- A freeware program to dig out weak signals buried in noise, functionally similar to the excellent FFTDSP of AF9Y, but with the added bonus of real time audio filtering of the incoming signals. Just point and click with the mouse, and the selected signal will stand out from the QRM and noise.