The AnyTone AT-D578UV-Plus is a two-band radio for digital DMR radio systems, compatible with MOTOTRBO Tier 1 and 2.
Traditional FM mode is also supported. Unlike many other DMR radios, the AT-D578UV has a true VFO, which makes it operationally much closer to the amateur radio style: you can vary the frequency and all other parameters as in a traditional radio instead of using only pre-programmed memories. Of course there are also memories on the AT-D578UV: 4000! Another difference compared to other DMR radios is the possibility to modify most (unfortunately not all) of the transceiver parameters, without having to connect to a computer for every slight modification you want to make. To really access and change all the settings, however, you need to rely on the CPS programming software and a PC.
In addition to the well-known functions such as FM APRS, digital roaming and the new Bluetooth option, the AT-D578UV-Plus now offers the possibility of receiving both a DMR and an analogue channel at the same time. Of course, two analogue channels can also be received simultaneously: each of the two bands has its own volume control and VFO. The transmission power can be set to four levels: the maximum power is 50 watts in VHF and 45 watts in UHF.
The AT-D578UV also offers a wide range of functions: up to 4000 different channels can be stored (digital, analogue or mixed); 10000 conversation groups can be configured and the memory can hold up to 200000 digital contacts (the complete DMR user database from around the world can be stored in the device). In analogue mode, functions such as DTMF, CTCSS and DCS as well as two-tone and five-tone signal encoding are supported. Ten buttons on the radio and microphone can be assigned to individual functions, allowing the user to set their personal preferences.
The brightness of the 1.77″ colour display and the backlit keys on the unit and microphone can be adjusted in steps, ensuring ideal readability even in sunlight and glare-free operation when driving in the dark. The AT-D578UV’s roaming function is independent of the device’s location: while roaming, the system checks whether a repeater is reachable from a predefined list and automatically sets it up if necessary. Roaming channels can be divided into zones, as can conventional channels, such as geographical regions.
The AnyTone AT-D578UV is equipped with a GPS receiver and position data can be transmitted via radio (DMR-APRS and FM-APRS). The device also has a connector for an external GPS antenna. A WFM receiver for the FM radio band is also available. The antenna connection is made with a PL connector. The programming cable (USB / Micro-USB) is included in the package.
- 1.77 inch colour LC display
- Numbers keyboard on microphone, 10 freely configurable keys
- TWINband 2m/70cm (V/U, V/V, U/U)
- IF channel width selectable 12.5/25 kHz (analog) or fixed 12.5 kHz (DMR)
- Digital: DMR (Tier I/II) and analog FM
- WFM receiver 87.5 – 108 MHz
- Up to five DMR IDs programmable
- 4000 memories, 10000 Talk groups, 200000 digital contacts
- 250 Zones (memory banks) programmable
- Display of ID (Callsign), location and country of QSO partner
- Two timeslots available, all colour codes available
- Transmit power 5, 10, 25, 45 (UHF) / 50 (VHF) Watt
- Automatic mode selection Analog/Digital
- Tone burst 1750 Hz
- Tone squelch: CTCSS, DCS
- Tone signalling: DTMF, 2 tone, 5 tone
- GPS receiver
- New simultaneous reception analog/digital or analog/analog
- New Many APRS parameters settable on radio, without computer
- Recording and playback of received signal (DMR only)
- New Roaming (selection of reachable repeater from a pre-programmed list)
- VOX function
- New Bluetooth interface
- Individual volume controls per VFO
AT-D578UV Comes with:
- Anytone AT-D578UV
- Bluetooth module built in
- External Bluetooth PTT key
- Handheld microphone with number keyboard and up/down keys
- Mobil mounting bracket and assorted hardware
- DC cable with fuse
- USB programming cable
- Spare fuses
- English manual
Currently the AT-D578 is available for aproximately 400 USD or 430 Euros from main amateur radio dealers