DB1NTO, Taner Schenker presents the world’s smallest APRS transceiver.
The APRS Transceiver, that is currently an hombrew project rather than a commercial product is based on a ATmega 328P (“Arduino”) is as small as a matchbox (only 2 x 3 x 5.7 cm), Weights including battery and case (without antenna) is just 38 grams.
DB1NTO APRS Trasceiver includes the following components:
- 2m transceiver (transmitter and receiver) with 0.5 / 1 Watt switchable transmission power
- GPS receiver
- Graphics-capable OLED display with a resolution of 128 x 64 pixels
- 500 mAh lithium ion battery charging control
- Micro USB port for battery charging
- Two control keys
The following functions are currently supported by Tracker:
Menu with 9 points:
- Device on / off
- Volume 1-8 (NF audio for decode)
- H transmission power (1W) / L (0.5W)
- Reset GPS timer
- APRS Symbol (Primary Table)
- Disable recipients, send only positions (APRS tracker), longer battery life
- Set SSID
- Set callsign
- Set Time Zone
In his web site, Taner does not publish any price or commercial information.
For latest developlments and information visit DB1NTO.de web site