An 80-10 m SSB/CW/Data station that fits in your pocket!
Elecraft announce at Dayton Hamvention 2016
KX2 Quick Specs
• Only 13 oz. (0.3 kg) – ideal for portable and hand-held operation
• Internal 2.6 Ah, 11 V Li-ion battery option
• Internal wide-range ATU option
• Current drain as low as 135 mA
• Built-in microphone and speaker
• Advanced DSP provides dual watch, noise reduction, noise blanking, autonotch, stereo audio
• Versatile software-defined radio (SDR) architecture
• Operates in data modes (PSK31/RTTY) with or without a PC
• New KXPD2 compact keyer paddle
ELECRAFT KX2 Transceiver
Our KX2 “stealth” transceiver can go wherever your imagination takes you.
Thanks to state-of-the-art construction techniques, it’s only 5.8 x 2.8 x 1.5” and weighs just 13 ounces—making it the smallest full-featured HF radio on the planet.
Yet it puts out up to 10 watts, covers 9 bands, and shares many features with the KX3.
It also works with the KXPA100 amplifier.
To maximize your freedom to roam, you can outfit your KX2 with an internal 2.6 amp-hour Li-ion battery.
Current drain is as little as 135 mA, yielding up to 8 hours of typical operation on a single battery charge.
There’s also an internal automatic antenna tuner module (KXAT2), which can tune a random wire, dipole, or whip on multiple bands.
A rear tilt-foot angles the KX2 for use on any surface, from desktop to park bench to rock. The KX2 also makes a great moble rig, and can even be used hand-held. It includes a built-in mic for HT-style operation.
The KX2’s powerful 32-bit DSP offers features dual watch, stereo audio, user-programmable filter bandwidths, noise blanking, noise reduction, and auto-notch. RTTY and PSK data modes are built in—no PC needed— as well as a memory keyer and digital voice recorder for transmit.
There are two padded carrying cases for the KX2, including the CS40 and larger CS60. Both include belt straps and an interior compartment.