K1JT announce the latest release candidate 3 of the popular WSJT-X program version 1.8.0
Main improvements included in this new release, are mainly focused on user control of the popular FT8 Mode.
According to the detailed release notes, of the 1.8.0-rc3 version, most improvements have been concentrated on facilitating the operation modes and procedures:
Changes in user interface for split and simplex operations in FT8 mode
- Checkbox “Lock Tx Freq” on main window is relabeled “Hold Tx Freq”
- Double-clicking on decoded messages that do not contain your own call moves both Rx and Tx frequencies. If the first call sign is your own call, only Rx freq moves.
- Double-clicking on decoded messages moves the Rx frequency. If “Hold Tx Freq” is checked, Tx frequency is moved only if CTRL was held down.
- Clicking on the waterfall moves Rx and Tx frequencies as before: Rx only on a simple click, Tx only on SHIFT-click, and both on CTRL-click. This happens even if “Hold Tx Freq” is checked.
- Improve the S/N estimation in some situations involving QRM.
- Improve auto-sequencing behavior: stop and on-frequency transmission if a called station comes back to someone else.
- Increase the FT8 DT range to +/- 2.5 s.
- Improve performance of FT8 decoder, especially for overlapping signals.
- Allow specialized use of “x2 Tone Spacing” in FT8 and slow JT9 modes.
Of course along to these nice improvements, the author also fixed several minor bugs and made other interesting implementations you can read in detail in the official release notes.
WSJT-X 1.8.0-rc3 is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh OS X