X5105 by XieGu Tech is a portable HF and 6m QRP transceiver with a general coverage receiver, large LCD display, automatic antenna tuner and a built in high capacity battery making it the perfect portable companion.
The X5105 gives you a whole new portable experience with its large 3.6-inch dot matrix LCD display that makes all important information easy to read in both the daylight and in darkness. The built-in 3800 mAh battery can power the radio for up to 8 hours in reception mode – perfect for your outdoor activities.
The highly effective automatic antenna tuner lets you set up your portable station fast, even if the antenna is not perfectly tuned. The tuner stores tuning data at 100 kHz intervals, allowing instant retuning to already tuned frequencies.
The X5105‘s design and controls have been fine-tuned for use in the field. The front panel buttons are illuminated for backlit operation in the dark, and the VFO is optimized to be operated with the thumb without being sensitive to accidental retuning.
In addition to voice modes (LSB, USB, AM, and NFM), the X5105 can also operate in CW, storing short CW messages for one-touch transmission in the field. There is even a modem mode that lets you decode PSK31 directly on the screen.
The X5105 receiver is a dual-conversion superheterodyne with a digital baseband. A DAC samples the demodulated audio and feeds the high-speed DSP processor. Noise reduction, notch filtering, and transmit signal processing are handled by the high-speed DSP.
The local oscillator in the X5105 is based on a high performance DDS (Direct Digital Synthesizer). This provides a pure signal with low phase noise and wide frequency range. The high-quality oscillator is the basis for the transceiver’s great performance.
The stable and reliable push-pull power amplifier circuit in X5105 delivers up to 5 watts of transmit power throughout the RF and 6-meter range.
X5105 features an IF output that is used in conjunction with the Xiegu XDT1 pan adapter for color display of the frequency spectrum.
Housed in a rugged enclosure, the X5105 is compact and lightweight. It measures only 160 x 100 x 46 mm and weighs 0.94 kg including battery.
- Frequency coverage: 1,0-55MHz (TX in Ham Bands)
- Operating mode: USB, LSB, AM, FM
- Memories: 100
- Supply Voltage 13,8 VDC +/- 15%
- Current Consumption: RX 660mA or less, TX 2,5A or less
- Operating Temperature: -10C to +60C
- Frequency Stability: 2ppm in 60 min
- Dimensions: 160 x 100 x 46 mm
- Weight: 0,94 kg
- Structure: Double Conversion Superheterodyne + Digital baseband processing
- IF Frequency: 70,455 MHz, 10,695 MHz
- Sensitivity SSB/CW/FM: 0,25 uV
- Sensitivity AM: 2 uV (10 uV ,5-1,79 MHz)
- SSB Selectivity: -6dB 2,4 kHz, 60dB 4,6 kHz
- CW Selectivity: -6dB 500 Hz, 60dB 2000 Hz
- AMSelectivity: -6dB 6 kHz, 60dB 25 kHz
- FM Selectivity: -6dB 12 kHz, 60dB 25 kHz
- Image Suppression:70dB
- IF Suppression: 60dB
- Audio Output: 0,6 Watt @ 4 Ohm 10% THD)
- Output Power: >4,5 Watt SSB, >1,5 Watt AM Carrier
- SSB Modulation Type : balanced modulation
- AM Modulation Type : Low leve amplitude modulation
- FM Modulation Type: Variable reactance
- Spur Reduction: >45dB
- Carrier suppression: >40dB
- Sideband Spurious: >50dB
- SSB Frequency Response: 400-2800Hz (-6dB)
- FM Max Swing; +/- 5kHz
- External Mic Impedance: o,2-10k
- Antenna Tuner Storage Points: each 100kHz interval
- Antenna Tuning Time: > 10 seconds
The X5105 Price is currently around 600 Euro / 733 USD. Price are subject to changes and can be purchased online from some specialized dealers or either on amazon or major chinese import e-commerce web sites.