Yaesu FT-4XR / FT-4XE
With the FT-4X Series, FT-4XR (US), FT-4XE (Europe) Yaesu continues the successful series of compact dual band handheld radios.
The FT-4X offers a rich set of features in a compact and rugged enclosure. The radio offer up to 5 W transmit power (switchable to 2.5 and 0.5 W), a loudspeaker with 36mm diameter presents the 1 W audio power in a clear and easy to understand way.
The FT-4XR 2 meter / 70 cm HT has three output power levels: 5, 2.5 or 0.5 watts transmitting from 144 to 148 MHz and from 400 to 480 MHz. Receive coverage is 65-108 (FM broadcast band), 136-174 and 400-480 MHz.
The FT-4XR is compact and light, yet ruggedly constructed.
The speaker provides a full 1 Watt of powerful, clear audio. The supplied 1750mAh Li-ion battery pack is capable of up to 15 hours operation (TX 5 seconds, RX 5 seconds, Standby 90 seconds).
The SBH-22 3.5-hour rapid charger is included. VOX operation is available with the optional SSM-512B earpiece microphone. Other features include: WX Channels with “Severe Weather” Alert, PC Programming (optional cable), Transceiver-to-Transceiver Cloning (optional cable), Keypad Entry, FM Broadcast Receiver, Automatic Range Transponder System (ARTS), CTCSS/DCS Operation, Busy Channel Lockout (BLCO), Automatic Power Off feature and Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT).
The new FT-4XR meets demanding commercial grade specifications. Size: 2.1 x 3.5 x 1.2 inches (less knobs and antenna) 8.82 oz.
The supplied LiIon battery offers 1750 mAh capacity, enough for operation of up to 15 hours . The supplied charger gets the radio back to full power in only 3.5 hours.
- The rich feature set conforms to highest industry standards:
- 200 memories,
- 10 programmable band scan edges,
- independent Tx/Rx frequencies in a memory,
- numerous scan options,
- VOX operation (with optional headset),
- two freely configurable buttons on the radio,
The operating frequency can be set in steps of 5 t o100 kHz in VFO mode, CTCSS and DCS filter setting allow undisturbed use and targeted calls of individuals and entire groups. A WFM radio is also provided. With the optional programming cable all settings and memories can be controlled from a computer. The functions for cloning a radio are also provided.
Note: The antenna connection on the radio is a recessed SMA connector, i. e. female thread and male inner conductor. Accordingly the antenna has an external thread and a female inner conductor.
This means that only certain antennas from other manufacturers, e. g. Diamond antennas with a “J” in the product designation such as the SRJ-77CA, can be used.
FT-4XR / FT-4XE Features
- Size 52 x 90 x 30 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight 250 g with antenna and battery
1 W Audio Power
- 0.5/2.5/5 W HF Transmit power
- Up to 15 hours of operation 
- Charging time only 3.5 hours with supplied rapid charger SBH-22
- Two freely configurable buttons on the radio
- 200 Memories
- Many scan possibilities: VFO, memory, band edge, memory bank, dual receive
- Adjustable step width: 5/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100 kHz
- Split memory (Rx/Tx Frequency dependently settable)
- VOX operation with option SSM-512B
- PC programming with option SCU-35
- WFM receiver
- DTMF Operation
- CTCSS, DCS Filter
Included in shipment
- FT-4X handheld radio
- SMA Antenna SRA-15
- LiIon Battery SBR-28LI 7.4V, 1750 mAh
- Wall charger SAD-20C
- Rapid Charger SBH-22
- Operating Manual
- RX: 136 – 174 MHz, 400 – 480 MHz
- TX: 136 – 174 MHz (Asian version)
144 – 146 MHz (European version)
144 – 148 MHz (USA version)
400 – 480 MHz (Asian version)
430 – 440 MHz (European version)
430 – 450 MHz (USA version)
- FM Broadcast: 65 – 108 MHz
- Channel Steps: 5 / 6.25* / 10 / 12.5 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 50 / 100 kHz (*: European version only)
- Emission Modes : F2D, F3E, F2A
- Frequency Stability: ±2.5 ppm (−20 °C to +60 °C [−4 °F to +140 °F])
- Operating Temperature: – 4 °F to +140 °F (– 20 °C to + 60 °C)
- Weight: 8.82 oz (250 g) with SBR-28LI and antenna
- RF Power Output: 5.0 W (High) / 2.5 W (Middle) / 0.5 W (Low) (@ 7.4 V with SBR-28LI)
- Maximum Deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Circuit Type: Direct-conversion
- 0.2 μV for 12 dB SINAD (140 – 150 MHz, NFM)
- 0.2 μV for 12 dB SINAD (420 – 470 MHz, NFM)
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB) FM, NFM ±25 kHz / 12.5 kHz
FT-4XR / FT-4XE Price
Yaesu FT-4XR Price: current price is around 105 USD
Yaesu FT-4XE Price: current price is around 79 Euro