Yaesu introduces the new dual band VHF UHF CFM mobile transceiver
The new FTM-300D seriers offers a stable and reliable 50W RF output power.
Like YAESU’s latest mobile transceivers, the FTM-300DR is equipped with a high-performance heat sink containing the exclusive FACC (Funnel Air-Convection Conductor – Wind Tunnel).
FTM-300D Series will include:
USA version: FTM-300DR – European version: FTM-300DE – Japan FTM-300D (50W) FTM-300DS (20W)
True dual band operation (V+U, U+V, V+V, U+U ) is available thanks to two independent receivers. The FTM-300DR also supports simultaneous C4FM digital monitoring in both U and V bands.
The 2-inch high resolution QVGA colour TFT display clearly shows the frequency and operating bands.
With the Band Scope function, users can also monitor up to 63 real-time channels at the current VFO frequency. (21 channels in memory channel mode)
Memory Channel Band Auto Grouping (MBAG) is one of the FTM-300DR’s advanced features. Memory channels are automatically categorized in each band and can be easily and quickly accessed through 4 groups of bands – Airband(M-AIR), VHF(M-VHF), UHF(M-UHF) and 174-400MHz/ 480-999.99MHz (M-GEN).
The powerful 3W speaker ensures clear and crisp sound – specially tuned for audio quality. The FTM-300DR is equipped with two individual external speaker jacks, and you can output the VFO receiver for the A and B bands to separate the speakers or even mix the A and B signals when using a single external speaker.
The FTM-300DR is equipped with a built-in Bluetooth unit. This type of connectivity allows hands-free operation with the YAESU SSMBT10 or equivalent commercially available accessory.
The SSM-BT10 is equipped with a PTT button and also supports VOX operation. With the new USB charging cable – SCU-41 with the FTM-300DR controller, the SSM-BT10 can be easily charged. The SSM-BT10 will operate for approximately 20 hours on a single charge.
The FTM-300DR supports both the WiRES-X Portable Digital Node function and Fixed Node function with the HRI-200. Since simultaneous C4FM monitoring on both VFO A and VFO B is possible, users can enjoy both WiRES-X communications on one channel while monitoring another local channel at the same time.
The new FTM-300DR includes; DG-ID (Digital ID); Group Monitor; positional awareness from the built-in 66ch High Sensitivity GPS receiver enabling Real Time Navigation; Backtrack feature; a GPS Terminal for an external GPS receiver; 1200/ 9600 APRS data modem for APRS mode; Voice Recording of both Received and Transmitted audio; save and load data including configuration and memory channel information to a micro SD card; Snapshot function using the optional MH-85A11U camera microphone.
- 50W Stable High-Power with Heavy Duty Heat Sink including FACC
- Dual Band Opearation (V+V, U+U, V+U, U+V) and Simultaneous C4FM monitoring
- 2-inch High-Resolution QVGA Full-Color TFT Display and Demountable Front Panel Controller
- Memory Channel Band Auto Grouping Function (AIR, VHF, UHF, GEN)
- High-Speed & High-Resolution Band Scope Function up to 63 channels centered around the current VFO frequency
- Heavy Duty-Heat Sink with FACC*
- *Funnel Air-Convection Conductor gathers cool air through wide-open front and side air-intakes and concentrates the air-flow to the critical final amplifier area drawn by a rear cooling fan
- 3W Audio Power Speaker with two individual terminals for the external speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth unit which enables hands-free operation with the SSM-BT10 or a commercially available bluetooth headset**
- WiRES-X Portable Digital Node/ Fixed Node with HRI-200
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select) which automatically selects the communication mode by detecting the communication mode of the receiving signal
- Multi-Color Status Indicator showing the operation mode (C4FM/ FM – TX/ RX)
- Digital Group ID (DG-ID) function (Just by setting matching two digit DG-ID “00” – “99”, designated link and communication with multiple transceivers can be configured.)
- Digital Group Monitor which automatically checks if the members having the matching DG-ID are within the communication range and display their call-sign if they are in the range
- Built-in 66ch High precision GPS receiver and External GPS device connectivity
- Real-time Navigation displays the position data, distance and direction of other stations in real-time
- Backtrack Feature (navigation function to a pre-registered point)
- Snapshot Feature with the optional microphone MH-85A11U
- Voice Recording Function for received and transmitting voice and audio data
- Micro SD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
- Large-capacty 1104 channel memory
- DTMF Encode/ Memory
- Time-out Timer (TOT) **May not be compatible with all Bluetooth products.
- DTMF Microphone SSM-85D
- Radio unit Mounting Bracket
- Control Cable for the operation with mounting front panel
- Control Cable 10ft (3m) for the operation with demounting front panel
- USB Cable
- DC Power Cable
- Operating Manual
- A/B Band RX: 108 – 137MHz (Air Band)
- RX 137 – 174MHz (144MHz HAM / VHF Band)
- RX 174 – 400MHz (GEN)
- RX 400 – 480MHz (430MHz HAM / UHF Band)
- RX 480 – 999.99MHz (GEN, USA Cellular Blocked)
- TX: 144 – 148MHz, 430 – 450MHzCircuit
- Type: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne
Modulation Type: F1D, F2D, F3E : Variable Reactance Modulation
F7W : 4FSK (C4FM)
RF Power Output: 50 W/25 W/ 5 W
Memory Channels: 1104
Case Size(W x H x D): Radio Unit 5.47″x 1.66″x 5.2″ (139 x 42 x 132 mm)w/o Fan
Controller: 5.47″x 2.09″x 0.7″ (139 x 53 x 18 mm) w/o Knob
Weight: 2.43lbs (1.1kg) with Radio Unit, Controller, Control Cable
The announced introduction price in US should be around 460-490 USD FTM-300DR, while the price in Japan for the 50W FTM-300D version should be around 74,800 Yen, in Europe price indication will be around 408 Euro, for the FTM-300DE model.
Launch is scheduled for April 2020 and will be available from main amateur radio shops