Since SSB-Electronic introduced the first compact digital receiver, the “Perseus”, a few years ago, time has not stopped. The integration of the PC or notebook into the hobby has prompted the demand for something more.
With this premise the Zeus ZS-1 was born.
After software-defined receivers have been the state of the art for several years, the ZS-1 now opens up all the possibilities of “direct sampling” known from the SDR on the transmission side. You see what you send and hear …
The new Zeus ZS-1 is a new direct sampling SDR transceiver capable of covering all classic HF bands in transmission, including the WARC bands, with an adjustable output power of 15 watts.
In reception Zeus ZS-1 covers frequencies from 300 kHz up to 30 MHz. The high quality design and high quality bandpass filters ensure that transmission signals are absolutely free of unwanted harmonics.
A broadband spectrum display and a cascading display displayed simultaneously inform the user about activity within a given band. Zeus ZS-1 is equipped with selectable AGC, automatic notch filter and continuous variable filters for CW / SSB / AM.
Zeus ZS-1 can be easily connected to the PC via a standard USB 2.0 cable.
An integrated interface allows operation via an IP address Zeus operating software written specifically for the ZS-1, offers access to a wide range of functions including a large Tx EQ, a compressor, an integrated CW keyer that includes recored messages.
In addition to the choice between key and paddle, the CW generation can be even selected via the keyboard.
Zeus ZS-1 can be used in combination with many amateur radio programs like Ham Radio Deluxe, SDR.com and others.
A dozen good reasons to buy a ZS-1:
- best software defined transceiver in ARRL test
- particularly pure output signal through predistortion
- divisible interface (operation / spectrum), dual monitor suitable, very practical in combination with decoder software
- additional window for audio signal
- intuitive GUI with practical user guidance: left mouse button = function, right mouse button = configuration
- 1-button solution for switching all parameters between SSB operation and digital modes
- storable standard texts for CW operation
- easy integration of external control units
- free software updates
- two display modes of the S-Meter: analog or digital display
- instructions and customer support in German and English
- Made in Germany: The only fully digital transceiver that is completely manufactured in Germany.