Low loss Japanese coaxial cable
- 5D-FB,8D-FB,10D-FB cables offer very low attenuation comparable to that of famous Andrews' Heliax and 8D-FB is almost half that of standard RG-213 for an equivalent diameter!
Build An LF Antenna Analyzer
- A Portable Low Frequency Antenna Analyzer, For those of us who like to play with antennas on the ham bands, one of the handiest tools to have around the shack is an "antenna analyzer". These gadgets combine a signal generator and standing-wave ratio (SWR) sensor in a small battery-powered unit.
Assembly of the Lightningbolt Quad
- One of the best antenna values on the market is the LightningBolt Quad. At about half the cost of a tri-band yagi, you get five band coverage with a single coax feedline and excellent performance from a light, low wind load antenna.
W8ZR High-Power Antenna Tuner
- This homebrew legal-limit antenna tuner is based on the famous "Ultimate Transmatch" introduced by the late Lew McCoy, W1ICP. The Ultimate Transmatch was described in the "Beginner and Novice" section of the July 1970 QST (Page 24).
- The Olivia transmission system is constructed of two layers: the lower, modulation layer is an (almost) classical Multi-Frequency Shift Keying (MFSK) and the higher layer is a Forward Error-Correcting (FEC) code based on Walsh functions.
WinDRM - HF Digital Radio Mondiale
- WinDRM is the hottest digital mode on HF today! Nothing else exists where you can transfer data at almost 1KB/s without using proprietary hardware. HF Digital Radio Mondiale allow fast data, pictures, and voice over a 2.5Khz bandwidth
Low cost frequency stabilisation
- The Icom IC-746 is quite a popular HF/VHF multimode transceiver which has one shortcoming in its standard configuration when used to operate modes requiring good medium-term frequency stability.
Icom IC-746 impressions and mods.
- This article is a follow-up of Dallas Lankford's article Icom IC-746 Pro: Impressions and Mods,
published on www.kongsfjord.no and (partially) in the Swedish Short Wave Bulletin.
BB Shopping UK Distributor of PMR 446Priority listing
- We stock a range of two way PMR446 radios. PMR 446 is a license free frequency, which means that you can communicate for up to 3km (terrain allowing) without any call charges or license requirements. They can be used in most European countries and are ideal for holiday trips.
Grounding and RFI
- Described system was designed to provide a high level of lightning protection - there are three levels of defense to guard against let-through. It isn't perfect, but does, however, follow good guidelines and shows measured improvements in RFI reduction.