SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWR meters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
RACOM - Radio modems
- RACOM is a Czech company specialized in design and production of radio modems and other devices for wireless data networks for radio channels from 140 to 900 MHz. RACOM radio data networks are suitable for data transfer in telemetry & SCADA applications, transaction networks, security systems, IP networks and firts of all mobile tracking and fleet management.
- Telewave's innovative engineering produces the industry's toughest antenna systems. Yagi, Fiberglass Collinear, and Dipole models are available from 66-2500 MHz. Wattmeters, test equipment,rf power meters, duplexers, filters and cavities, transmitters combiners
About digital modes
- The digital modes provide a wonderful opportunity for those of us who would like to work on the HF bands but find CW too difficult and SSB phone prohibitive because of interference problems. The digital modes are easy to set up and get operating, require low power and a narrow band.
Frequency Calibration for Weak Signal Work
- Accurate calibration of your receiver and sound card is necessary for good results with the weak signal modes in use at LF. Modern receivers with master oscillators that are synthesized to provide all conversion frequencies greatly simplify the process. This article describes a method of making the necessary measurements and adjustments to an ICOM R75 receiver and a sound card, using the ARGO software
WA4DSY 56KB RF Modem
- This is a prototype of the WA4DSY 56KB RF modem. It is intended for use on amateur packet radio networks. The modem generates RF in the 28 to 30 mhz range and requires and linear transverter to convert the signal to a UHF or microwave ham band
Amsat DSP Satellite Transceiver Project
- The DSP Satellite Transceiver is a conceptual transceiver designed as a dedicated unit for amateur satellite operators. The initial concept was brought about by the lack of satellite functionality on modern amateur radio transceivers, and the specialized requirements of the ham radio operator who utilizes OSCAR amateur satellites.
- The purpose of the APRS-Beacon is to provide simple APRS-compatible position beacons for up to three Objects. It is designed to 'stand alone' and does not monitor other traffic on the frequency. It can use a single-port TNC (in 'native' mode), a single- or dual-port TNC in Kiss mode or the AGW Packet Engine in order to transmit on up to four radio ports.(When running with AGWPE, APRS-Beacon will also work with Windows 2000)
- MMVARI is a multi-Mode SoundCard Ham (Amateur) Radio program for receiving and transmitting the RTTY-PSK-FSK-MFSK modes. The program was written to experiment with the efficiency of transmitting Japanese and East Asian languages (HL/BV/BY) using the VARICODE
Wavefront CompactPCI (CPCI) RF converter
- The Wavefront CompactPCI (CPCI) RF converter provides a complete half-duplex radio front-end in an industry-standard 6U format. The architecture consists of dedicated receive and
transmit channels that share a common RF interface.