The Associazione Radioamatori Italiani (A.R.I.) has the honour of inviting radio amateurs from all over the world to participate in the ARI International DX Contest. It is a world-wide competition: everybody can work everybody.
Date and time:
The contest will be held on each first full week-end of May starting at 1200Z Saturday and ending at 1159Z Sunday. In year 2020 the dates will be May 2-3.
I. Single Operator – CW – HIGH/LOW POWER
II. Single Operator – SSB – HIGH/LOW POWER
III. Single Operator – RTTY – HIGH/LOW POWER
IV. Single Operator – MIXED – HIGH/LOW POWER
VII. SWL – Single Operator – MIXED
Multi-Operator category suspended in 2020
Following the recommendation made by IARU, the Multi-Operator categories have been suspended for the 2020 ARI International DX Contest.
- For Single-Operator, only one signal is permitted at any time.
- Use of packet cluster, skimmers or any other alerting system is permitted for all entrants.
- Self spotting or asking other stations to spot you is not allowed.
- LOW POWER category entrants can use 100W maximum total output power.
- It is forbidden the dual-CQ on the same band.
Bands from 10m through 80m, except WARC bands, are allowed according to IARU Band Plans.
- Italian stations will send RST and two letters to identify their province.
- Other stations will send RST and a serial number from 001. The serial number will NOT restart from 001 on each band/mode except for the Multi-Operator Multi TX stations.
Each Italian province (110) count 1 (one) multiplier,
- Each DXCC country (except I & IS0 & IT9) count 1 (one) multiplier.
- The same multiplier (country/province) can be counted once and only once for each band.
- The 110 Italian provinces (by call-area) are the following:
- I1: AL, AT, BI, CN, GE, IM, NO, SP, SV, TO, VB, VC.
- IX1: AO.
- I2: BG, BS, CO, CR, LC, LO, MB, MI, MN, PV, SO, VA.
- I3: BL, PD, RO, TV, VE, VI, VR.
- IN3: BZ, TN.
- IV3: GO, PN, TS, UD.
- I4: BO, FC, FE, MO, PC, PR, RA, RE, RN.
- I5: AR, FI, GR, LI, LU, MS, PI, PO, PT, SI.
- I6: AN, AP, AQ, CH, FM, MC, PE, PS (or PU), TE.
- I7: BA, BR, BT, FG, LE, MT, TA.
- I8: AV, BN, CB, CE, CS, CZ, IS, KR, NA, PZ, RC, SA, VV.
- I0: FR, LT, PG, RI, RM (or ROMA), TR, VT.
- IT9: AG, CL, CT, EN, ME, PA, RG, SR, TP.
- IS0: CA, NU, OR SS, SU
PLEASE REMEMBER that I (Italy) IT9 (Sicily Island) and IS0 (Sardinia Island) are NOT country-multipliers.
Official Web Site