Home : Technical Reference : Amplifiers
- A low cost 600 watt ultra-linear amplifier - This compact little amplifier is the brain-child of Pat Murdoch, ZL1AXB, in Auckland, New Zealand. It is only 11" wide, 4" high, and 9" deep. Operates for 40, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10m
- 11Meter Amps - This group is here to discuss linear amplifiers used on the 11 meter citizens band.
- WB0NNI Home Brew HF Amps and Tutorials - Tutorials and other information on designing and building hf amplifiers. Includes tube data and amplifier projects.
- Tube Amps forum - Discussion of vacuum tube amplifiers. Technical information and discussion of obselete tube replacement
- WD7S Productions - A collection of kits for control and protection of homebrew linear amplifiers
- WV7U - Hank's Amp Pages - WV7U YC156 and 3CPX800 amplifier projects. See pictures, schematics, test data, links, and more!
- QRO via Russia - Power amplifiers from amateur radio operators around the world which are designed/built using Russian tubes.
- Universal LF/MF Preamplifier - "A ""Universal Antenna Preamplifier"" design, in Web page form. Works with long wires, loops, or whips. For longwave and medium wave."
- How to select an amplifier - Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in three long articles all you need to know about amplification, and how to seletc an HF and a solid-state amplifier, with pictures.
- DL9OAO homebrew amplfiers site - Includes a webcam and homebrewing amplifiers resources
- Photos of amplifiers - Dave made pictures of amplifiers
- Tube Amplifier data and tech info - Source of common model manuals and amateur help on amplifier problems for the amateur bands, Discussion of vacuum tube amplifiers. Technical information and discussion of obselete tube replacement.
Ham radio power amplifiers
- 11Meter Amps
- This group is here to discuss linear amplifiers used on the 11 meter citizens band.
[ Hits: 22667 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 6.44 ]
- 2 x GI-7B 432 MHz amplifier project
- UHF RF Power amplifier used to work EME
[ Hits: 1023 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.33 ]
- A Collection of Smith Chart Resources
- The Smith Chart was originally created many years ago as an RF engineering aid by Phillip Smith of RCA.These pages includes extesnive documentation on smith carts.
[ Hits: 1287 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 2.50 ]
- A low cost 600 watt ultra-linear amplifier
- This compact little amplifier is the brain-child of Pat Murdoch, ZL1AXB, in Auckland, New Zealand. It is only 11" wide, 4" high, and 9" deep.
Operates for 40, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10m
[ Hits: 28359 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 6.39 ]
- About HF Amplifiers
- Article on evaluating HF Power amplifiers and review of popular PA by K0BG
[ Hits: 402 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- AG6K Richard L. Measures
- Articles and original manuscripts on RF power amplifiers
[ Hits: 2473 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 9.15 ]
- ALC for real
- Learn more about ALC usage in RF Amplifiers and how it really effects things from an operational point of view.
[ Hits: 243 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- AM-6154 FAA Amplifier circuit conversion
- AM-6154 222MHz grid Conversion Information by N0UK
[ Hits: 1249 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.33 ]
- Ameritron manuals
- Manuals section for the Ameritron HF amplifiers mostly in PDF format
[ Hits: 1335 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Amplifiers - Care and Feeding
- Antenna and Power considerations, ALC Keying interface, Battery info, Keying interfaces and more
[ Hits: 248 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Amplifiers and Vacuum Tubes Tuning Loading and Arcing
- Page on amplification topics. From vacuum tubes to various components, discussion on stability and arcin causes.
[ Hits: 2535 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.50 ]
- Amps Archives
- Amps Mailing List Archives
[ Hits: 1491 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Amps Mailing List
- Linear amplifier related mailing list
[ Hits: 569 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- BBA-C1 Amplifier Card
- This versatile broadband amplifier is used in several DX Lab projects.
[ Hits: 273 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Class C Amplifier Matching
- QST Article on what you should know about matching networks for class C RF power amplifiers
[ Hits: 619 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Collins TRC-75
- Autotune Linear Amplifier
[ Hits: 1340 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.50 ]
- Covert a Zetagi Amplifier for 50 Mhz
- Schematics and instruction to convert a ZetaGi CB linear amplifier to 50 mhz band
[ Hits: 1297 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.50 ]
- DL9OAO homebrew amplfiers site
- Includes a webcam and homebrewing amplifiers resources
[ Hits: 5082 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 5.86 ]
- Duncan's Amp Pages
- This is an internet resource for those interested in guitar amplifiers, vacuum tubes, and design tools such as SPICE modelling.
[ Hits: 800 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.80 ]
- GI-7 B/GI-70 BT
- The GI-7B (GI-70B) microwave triode
[ Hits: 1302 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- GI7B GI7BT Tubes
- GI-7B and GI7BT Tubes for HAM Radio use (HF-VHF-UHF),linear amplifier builders
[ Hits: 1386 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.60 ]
- GM3WOJ Amplifiers page
- HF and VHF amplifiers homebrewed by GM3WOJ
[ Hits: 1903 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.40 ]
- GU-43b Tetrode
- The GU-43B tetrode is used for wideband power amplification at frequencies up to 100 MHz in RF equipment. This tube is generally considered analogous to the 4CX1000.
[ Hits: 538 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- HL1INF RF Amplifiers
- Circuits, pictures and data about toroids, tubes and home made power amplifiers
[ Hits: 2181 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- How to select a tube HF amplifier
- Excellent article and guide to choose the best RF power amplifier that fit your needs by ON4SKY
[ Hits: 477 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- How to select an amplifier
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in three long articles all you need to know about amplification, and how to seletc an HF and a solid-state amplifier, with pictures.
[ Hits: 5176 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.40 ]
- Improper Loading of Amplifier
- Improper tank adjustment and excessive drive are equally harmful to component life, and either can create splatter
[ Hits: 586 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Increasing Amplifier Relay Speed
- Article describes a circuit that accelerates the coil of DC relays by momentarily doubling their voltage.
[ Hits: 298 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- JBOT QRP Linear Amplifier
- An SSB linear amplifier made from Just a Bunch of Transistors
[ Hits: 781 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- K5LAD's 4-1000A Amplifier
[ Hits: 2007 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 8.43 ]
- Modifications to the Ameritron AL-1200 Amplifier
- This page describes two modifications W8WWV made to his AL-1200 amplifier. The mods were obtained from Ameritron, so they are official.
[ Hits: 2727 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 2.75 ]
- Nature of Source of Power in Amplifiers
- On the Nature of the Source of Power in Class-B and -C RF A mplifiers by W2DU
[ Hits: 267 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- OZ1DPR Gallery
- Linear amplifer picture gallery
[ Hits: 1355 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.40 ]
- Photos of amplifiers
- Dave made pictures of amplifiers
[ Hits: 4594 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.75 ]
- Plate choke design
- The plate choke, as used in an HF tube type amplifier in this article.
[ Hits: 1090 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.25 ]
- Pondering a QRO Amplifier?
- Matrix of several popular amplifiers currently on the market
[ Hits: 328 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- QRO via Russia
- Power amplifiers from amateur radio operators around the world which are designed/built using Russian tubes.
[ Hits: 8214 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.25 ]
- QRP 20Watt Power Amplifier
- 20 Watt Power Amp for Softrock or for QRP transceivers by M0RZF
[ Hits: 687 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Relay Driver for Power Amps
- A simple but complex relay driver for power amplifiers
[ Hits: 449 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Retrofit of a GLA-1000 to GI-7B
- This retrofit of a GLA-1000 to GI-7B was done by Lawson, W4EMF, in 2002. Modifying The Dentron GLA-1000B for the GI-7B Triode
[ Hits: 498 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- RF Amplifier basics
- Introduction to RF power amplifiers. Basics and guidelines. by wb0nni
[ Hits: 1520 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- SB220 SB221 arcing problems improvements mods
- This article explores the claim an amplifier might arc from a parasitic oscillation, damaging capacitors, bandswitches, or other components.
[ Hits: 1171 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- A free design aid for vacuum tube linear RF power amplifiers. Determine plate circuit operating parameters and design pi or pi-L tanks quickly and easily.
[ Hits: 1668 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Testing the 3-500Z pins
- Learn How to test the 3-500Z
[ Hits: 340 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The "Woodpecker" Tuning aid
- This little gadget is that it allows you to tune up at full peak output power, whilst limiting the average power to a fraction of the peak, thereby protecting the PA from meltdown
[ Hits: 3725 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
Technical Reference : Amplifiers
Technical Reference :
Alternative PowerAmplifiers *Antenna LauncherAntenna RotatorAntenna SwitchAPRSArduinoAttenuatorsATVAudioBatteriesBeacon keyersCalculatorsCB RadiosCoax Cables and ConnectorsComponentsDigital ATV projectsDTMFDummy LoadsDuplexersElectronicsFiltersFrequency CounterGroundingHam Radio Go KitsHeadsets and SpeakersHF RadiosHomebrewKey ClicksKeyersLightning ProtectionMic wiringMicrophonesMircrowaveMorse Code OscillatorMorse KeysPan AdapterPower MeterPower SupplyPreamplifiersProgramming RadioQRP ProjectsRadio Direction FindingRadio Frequency InterferenceRadio ModsRadio Programming CableRaspberry PiReceiversRepeaterRF DesignRF SafetyRF Signal GeneratorsScannersSoftware Defined RadioSoldering and DesolderingSound Card Radio InterfacingSpectrum AnalyzersSWR MetersTest EquipmentTransvertersTVI FiltersVacuum tubeVector Network AnalyzerVHF RadiosWiFi
Recent Links QRP 20Watt Power Amplifier Testing the 3-500Z pins Using VNA to adjust Linear amplifiers ALC for real About HF Amplifiers
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links