KK5BL How To Build A G5RV Antenna
- How to build a G5RV Transmitting antenna
Originally posted to the packet bbs system by KC6CFF. The G5RV is an easy-to-build 80-10 dipole requiring no traps. All bands are covered, including 30, 17, and 12. The G5RV has high SWR, by design, on most bands and a tuner is required
Wire antenna with coaxial cable traps
- This multiband antenna 10-80 meters is a home made project by I1BAY. Has been used for SOTA activations with great results. Traps are done with coax cable turns, dimensions are in the attached schema.
[ Hits: 8054 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
An Improved Multiband Trap Dipole Antenna
- This improved multiband trap dipole introduces a new trap design and a change in trap location. The antenna features double-coaxial-cable-wound traps having lower reactance and a higher quality factor (Q) than earlier coax-cable traps by W8NX
Building Coaxial Traps
- This page describes the design and construction materials W8WWV used to build a coaxial cable trap. A coaxial cable trap is a parallel resonant circuit that is usually inserted in an antenna element to enable multiband operation.
[ Hits: 8767 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.20 ]
Multi Band Antenna Traps
- These devices are called Traps, but they are actually more like frequency sensitive switches. They are parallel resonant, high Q, tuned circuits which provide a very high impedance at their frequency of resonance.
[ Hits: 4420 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- ARRL index of document about trapped antennas and notes on traps usage
[ Hits: 2690 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- The Coax trap program computes design parameters for the construction of coaxial traps for HF usage. Typically these are constructed from PVC tube and RG58/59 coax
- This article refers mainly to the old Cushcraft 1/4 wavelength AV series of antennas (12AVQ, 14AVQ etc) hence the references to radials. The R series (R5, R7 etc) are 1/2 wavelength antennas, and the radials are NOT 1/4 wavelength resonant.