- 50MHz Power Splitters
- Splitting an antenna between two receivers or
in use as the phasing harness in stacked antennas where there is a need to equally split the power from the transmitter between two antennas
[ Hits: 3219 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8 ]
- A Collection of Smith Chart Resources
- The Smith Chart was originally created many years ago as an RF engineering aid by Phillip Smith of RCA.These pages includes extesnive documentation on smith carts.
[ Hits: 1465 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 2.5 ]
- A Modern Thermocouple Ammeter
- Thermocouple ammeters are very rare these days, but the job they were perfect for - measuring antenna currents - is still a modern requirement especially in respect to groundplane currents. By David A. Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
[ Hits: 2842 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- About trap antennas
- Negatives sides of using trap antennas
[ Hits: 953 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- Actual Antenna SWR
- Easy for calculate formula which could be a wake-up call for you.
The SWR value at the input of antenna cable is not a actual SWR of your favorite antenna.
[ Hits: 4145 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.8 ]
- Advanced active VLF Loop
- Article on using loop antenna in very low frequencies
[ Hits: 2356 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7 ]
- All About Antennas
- A free five part series on antennas that covers many aspects of antennas, from radio wave propagation, to feed lines, type of antennas, connectors, adaptors and antenna switches by Bob Grove, publisher of Monitoring Times
[ Hits: 1107 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- All HF Band Antennas
- F6ITV consideration on HF Antennas, from trap wired anternnas, to center feed antennas.
[ Hits: 1489 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Amateur Radio Antennas: Ground Theory
- Perfect ground vs. poor ground. What is the difference? How does the ground influence the DX-gain?
[ Hits: 6656 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Another way to look at vertical antennas
- What iss the difference between a dipole and a vertical? Maybe not as much as you think. Come along
and try another point of view.
[ Hits: 3990 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna & Ground Help
- Radials & Counterpoise
[ Hits: 772 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna & Mounts
- Mobile antennas, how to install antennas in the roof of a vehicle and how tune antennas.
[ Hits: 5710 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 8.57 ]
- Antenna basics
- Basics by From Ian C. Purdie, VK2TIP
[ Hits: 39689 | Votes: 37 | Rating: 5.13 ]
- Antenna Basics
- Article designed to answer basic questions about antennas
[ Hits: 10395 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 6.35 ]
- Antenna Basics : Directional Antennas
- An article describing basic concepts of antenna radiation, and in particular directional antennas like Yagi antennas or Quad antennas and how they determine the direction or signals.
[ Hits: 329 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Cable Loss and SWR
- Calculate Cable Loss from SWR and reverse. Text file with only two simply formulas
[ Hits: 2171 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4 ]
- Antenna Diversity
- Single antenna with multiple polarization for diversity, diveristy receivers and propagation effects on signal polarization
[ Hits: 396 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Efficiency
- K0BG article con antenna efficiency covering topics like radiation resistance, coil losses and ground losses, other kind of losses. How calculate efficiency and Bandwidth Notes
[ Hits: 445 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Fundamentals
- Adalet wireless document on antenna basics in a four pages pdf file
[ Hits: 2997 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3 ]
- Antenna Height Theory
- Antenna mounting height, the higher the better? Learn how radiation pattern change, and decide if you need an higher or a lower angle for your dx needs.
[ Hits: 1825 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.2 ]
- Antenna Measurement Theory
- Introduction to Antenna Measurement by orbit /fr pdf file
[ Hits: 1972 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Measurements
- The electrical characteristics of an antenna that are of interest to obtain by direct measurement are the frequency at which the antenna is tuned, the gain and radiation pattern
[ Hits: 902 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4 ]
- Antenna Myths
- It is best not to know very much, than to know a lot of things which aren not true.
[ Hits: 510 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4 ]
- Antenna Noise and Signal Cancelling at LF
- By using the signals from two antennas, controlling their relative amplitudes and controlling the phase of one of them, unwanted signal or unwanted noise can be phased out. Circuitry is described which uses the signal from a wire antenna to provide selective cancelling against the signal output from an LF loop antenna.
[ Hits: 7843 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4 ]
- Antenna resonance and bandwidth
- About antenna or aerial resonance and bandwidth and the impact of RF antenna resonance and bandwidth on radio communications systems.
[ Hits: 391 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
[ Hits: 2013 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- Antenna Theory
- A discussion of antenna theory by Paul Graham, K9ERG , one of the better antenna explainations out there
[ Hits: 2134 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 8 ]
- Antenna tips for the beginner
- Some rules of thumb for beginners, with a QRP approach, by James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
[ Hits: 1577 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Antenna Transmatch Tips
- Tips on tuning antennas using Antenna Tuning Units also called ATU. This article explains the functions and ills of tuners, along with some guide- lines for building an ATU.
[ Hits: 3291 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.4 ]
- A source of knowledge for learning about and understanding antennas. The goal is to present a comprehensive tutorial on antennas.
[ Hits: 690 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Antennas 101
- Dipoles, Doublets and Verticals by Rob May NV5E
[ Hits: 783 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Antennas : theory and designs
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in several long articles all you need to know about antennas, their design and performance, for both amateurs and SWL
[ Hits: 9187 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 3.27 ]
- Antennas and Grounds for apartments
- Suggestions on finding RF ground when you live in an apartment and you want to setup an antenna
[ Hits: 22873 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 5.36 ]
- Antennas and Transmission Lines Myths
- Antennas, Transmission Lines, Tuners - Myths, Mysteries and Qualifiers By Don Wilhelm W3FPR
[ Hits: 556 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Antennas for 100 Pound DXpeditions
- NE1RD interesting publication published online about homebrewing antennas for dx peditions or portable use
[ Hits: 2396 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Antennas for Limited Spaces
- In this article you can find solutions to the problem of keeping your ham radio antennas hidden from the CCR Police
[ Hits: 573 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Antennas Tech reference by K1TTT
- Yagi Antennas, Antenna Materials and more.
[ Hits: 12764 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 4.94 ]
- Azimuth Radiation Patterns
- Below VHF the change in the radiation characteristics of an antenna will change considerably from frequency to frequency, making antenna selection more complicated.
[ Hits: 805 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Balun Theory
- The word balun means balanced-unbalanced: it's used to adapt a balanced device to an unbalanced one, read more basic thory on Ununs and Baluns
[ Hits: 38032 | Votes: 33 | Rating: 6.73 ]
- Basics of antennas
- The current, the voltage, the impedance, the bandwidth, the polarization, and how the earth influences the famous radiation pattern.
[ Hits: 680 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Better Feedline Loss Measurements with Antenna Analyzers
- Various publications through the years have shown how the SWR measured on a shorted (or open) feed line can be used to calculate feed line attenuation
[ Hits: 1864 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Choosing Wire Size for Toroidal Inductors
- Measurements that show it doesn't make much difference
[ Hits: 2544 | Votes: 22 | Rating: 6.1 ]
- Coax Antennas
- Amateur Radio Coaxial Antennas by G3TXQ
[ Hits: 385 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Coax Cable Loss
- Table representing loss of Coax Cables in db per 100ft.
[ Hits: 2188 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- Coaxial antennas
- G3TXQ study on coaxial cable demonstrate that it can reduce an element's length by something approaching the Velocity Factor of the cable
[ Hits: 1268 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Coaxial Transmitting Chokes
- Understanding Common Mode and Differential Mode Currents on Transmission Lines by K9YC
[ Hits: 1061 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Common-Mode Noise
- Receiving Common Mode Noise shows how lack of a balun can contribute to system noise
[ Hits: 2054 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- Conductors for HF Antennas
- Putting up an antenna for the low bands? What kind of wire will you use? This analysis may change your plans.
[ Hits: 2225 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Construction Principles for UHF VHF Yagis
- The Construction Principles for Duoband-Yagis 2m/70cm by DK7ZB
[ Hits: 1589 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.33 ]
- Crossed Field Antenna
- The Crossed Field Antenna (CFA) is one of the applications of Correction of Maxwell's Equations which was used over 150 years ago which was proved these days that the Magnetic Field Source is only the Displacement Current not the Conduction Current .
These Corrections was made by an Egyptian Doctor Engineer Fathi Kabbary , who reached the New Correct Theory which shows that the height and efficiency of the antenna doesn't depend on the wavelength
[ Hits: 2272 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 2.8 ]
- Cubical Quad Antenna
- Let's explore the cubical quad antenna, or quad, and see what it really is and how it really works by w8ji
[ Hits: 1576 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1.33 ]
- Currents in Standing-Wave Antennas
- How can the current "flowing" out of the top of a mobile loading coil be greater than the current "flowing" into the bottom of the coil?
[ Hits: 608 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Designing Driven Elements in Yagi antennas
- The design and feeding of driven elements for VHF/UHF Yagi antennas , modeling, observations and some case studies by Graham Daubney F/G8MBI
[ Hits: 1084 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Designing Vertical Aerials
- If you want to design vertical antennas you can find all theory and formulas used to model a vertical aerial calculating capacitance, reactance, building the inductor and calculating resistances. Includes an excel spreadsheet to calculate efficiency.
[ Hits: 552 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Detuning a Tower from a vertical antenna
- It is possible to detune the tower so that, at least on one band, the tower can be made to effectively disappear. That is, become non-resonant on the band of interest. This allows the vertically-polarized low-bands antenna to meet its potential.
[ Hits: 392 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Dipole Height
- How High should my Dipole be? Dipole Antennas and the effect of height above ground
[ Hits: 20397 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.57 ]
- Dipoles and Vs at correct height
- Dipoles at the correct height are not only stealthy antennas, they work great
[ Hits: 718 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8 ]
- Dipoles versus Verticals
- One of the classic arguments in amateur radio is whether a dipole or vertical is the best antenna
[ Hits: 460 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Directional arrays
- About collinear array antennas
[ Hits: 4344 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Do You Need an Antenna Tuner
- Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on the type of antenna and feed line you're using. QST Article in pdf format
[ Hits: 22694 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 4.58 ]
- DXpedition Antennas for salt water locations
- Which is better a 20m antenna for an island DXpedition: Yagi at 25', or a vertical or two on the beach?
[ Hits: 470 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Effect of size and height on flag RX Antennas
- Analysis of flag receiving antennas using MININEC with focus on relation of size and atenna height by VE6WZ
[ Hits: 221 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Effects of Very Large Ground Screens
- A theoretical and experimental study of the effects of very large ground screens on 20 meter verticals
[ Hits: 432 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Electrically Small Antennas 2016
- An antenna system is electrically small if it's enclosing sphere is <λ/2π. So a 10m band antenna of under 1.6m long qualifies.
[ Hits: 409 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Elevation Angles
- Importance of elevation angles on long distance communications, and relation of reception probability with the elevation angle of the transmitting antenna
[ Hits: 226 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Errante's capacitive RF Grounding
- This system demonstrates that no galvanic coupling to earth is needed for a proper RF earth grounding
[ Hits: 477 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- EZNEC simulation files
- EZNEC Simulation files collection by DF9CY
[ Hits: 682 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.67 ]
- Feeder Radiation
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
[ Hits: 1812 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8 ]
- Folded Dipoles in Yagi Uda Antennas
- A folded dipole is an antenna, with two conductors connected on both sides, and folded to form a cylindrical closed shape, to which feed is given at the center.
[ Hits: 189 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.5 ]
- From Transmitter to Antenna
- A collection of articles on the subject of impedance, impedance matching and high-frequency power transmission by G3YNH
[ Hits: 1144 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- G3SEK's Amateur Radio Technical Notebook
- A lot of good informations concerning antennas, filters, moonbounce, and circuitry data.
[ Hits: 4646 | Votes: 23 | Rating: 4.69 ]
- Ground / Radial Systems
- Guide to ground mounting antennas, notes on efficiency, elevated installations, metal towers and masts, other mounting schemas, moble homes and rv, lightning protections, artiche by Bencher
[ Hits: 1108 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Ground Loss and Vertical Antennas
- How manage and quantify ground loss in vertically-polarized antennas by VE3VN
[ Hits: 585 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ground Problems
- Collection of articles about ground systems
[ Hits: 1253 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- Ground Systems as a Factor in Antenna Efficiency
- A classic document originally presented in Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers in 1937 and is, still today, the standard referenced by the FCC, text books and many amateur radio publications.
[ Hits: 318 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Ground systems for DXpeditions
- An article bu N6LF on ground systems for multi-band verticals over saltwater
[ Hits: 260 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Grounding system
- Perhaps one of the most over looked aspects of setting up a listening post is a ground system
[ Hits: 13100 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 4.66 ]
- Groundplane Antennas at Various Heights
- Mounting on Roof or at Ground Level? Why ground plane antenna works better at lower level.
[ Hits: 949 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Groundplane Antennas at Various Heights
- Mounting on roof at the right ground level can greately impact on antenna performances because will affect the radiated angle of energy.
[ Hits: 160 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8 ]
- Harmonic Operation of OCFs - Theory
- Up, Up, and Away or Harmonic Operation of OCFs
[ Hits: 584 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Height versus take off angle
- One of the most important factor for DXers although many are not aware of this.
[ Hits: 546 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF Aerial Design
- A novel approach to aerial evaluation with diagrams and graphs by G3CWI
[ Hits: 3175 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 7 ]
- HF Antennas 101
- Here are 10 tips and truisms that every ham should know about antennas, by W20QI
[ Hits: 782 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF insulation, the pitfalls
- Although insulation may seem relatively insignificant in the larger picture, on it depends the quality of your performance on air and how long you will be communicating for.
[ Hits: 524 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF loops vs Half Loops
- HF loop and half-loop antennas in a few words
[ Hits: 1378 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Home-made antennas by we6w
- Various types of antennas by we6w
[ Hits: 39358 | Votes: 65 | Rating: 6.07 ]
- Horizontal Antennas above Real Ground
- Antennas are influenced by the effect of the ground and by the type of conductors from which they are constructed. Effects of various types of grounds on a 1.825 MHz horizontal 0.5 wave dipole
[ Hits: 589 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Horizontal Half-wave Dipole above a Counterpoise
- All antennas that are situated close to the ground are affected by that ground to some extent. This article explain effects and benefits of counterpoise.
[ Hits: 1254 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How does antenna height affect VHF communications
- How to calculate range for a VHF antenna with a simple formula and how to increase VHF coverage.
[ Hits: 602 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- How to Construct a Dipole
- Basic and illustrated article on building wire dipole antennas. This page is about "how to build a dipole antenna"
[ Hits: 10572 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 6.55 ]
- How's Your SWR?
- Chart showing how SWR effects how much power you actually radiate from your antenna.
[ Hits: 987 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Human Body Resonance Frequencies
- Wondering whether human body could be used as an antenna.
[ Hits: 387 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Hybrid Antennas
- Antennas that use a combination of vertical and horizontal polarisation.
[ Hits: 4675 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Idiot's guide to antennas
- A very basic guide to antennas concept. Explain the usage of dummy load, basic antennas like dipole o j-poles.
[ Hits: 1352 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1647 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Improve your Antennas for Low Solar Activity
- How to improve your transmitting antennas for very low solar activity periods, vertically polarized 160 meter antennas, horizontally polarized 80 to 10 meter antennas, single or stacked yagis, multi-tower stations
[ Hits: 307 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Indoor Random Wire versus Indoor Magnetic Loop
- Comparison of performance between an indoor random wire versus a magnetic loop using psk31
[ Hits: 1197 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- Integrated Publishing Basics
- Radio wave propagation, Principles of transmission lines, Antennas
[ Hits: 981 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
[ Hits: 1851 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3 ]
- J-Pole theory
- The J-Pole antenna is an omnidirectional antenna that can be used for base, mobile and field day stations. It does not need a ground plane, radials or a complicated matching system. The J-Pole can be cheaply, simply and quickly constructed using a variety of techniques, some of which are discussed in this article.
[ Hits: 30247 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 6.87 ]