Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
Radio & Communications
- Info about many aspects of Radio & Communications. Antennas, signals, frequencies, codes, swr, scanning etc.
A Guide to Test Equipment
- That just about sums up many peoplesí attitude towards test equipment. Multimeter, SWR/Power Meter, Dip Oscillator, RF Signal Generator, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
About digital modes
- The digital modes provide a wonderful opportunity for those of us who would like to work on the HF bands but find CW too difficult and SSB phone prohibitive because of interference problems. The digital modes are easy to set up and get operating, require low power and a narrow band.
Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
Become a Amateur
- What is Ham Radio? Not just speech, Listening in, Meet your local amateurs, What does it all cost? Licensing informations
- After a year of preparation, 150 students and 11 professors participated in 10 hours of intense Contesting instruction covering some 22 topics, with over 400 pages of text
DX Code of Conduct
- Improve ethical conduct. Unpleasant, uncivil, impolite behavior of our fellow hams reduces the enjoyment of our hobby. What You Can Do to Improve DXEtiquette
- Definition of DX according to w9rb
Electronic Construction Tutorial
- Everything you wanted to know about building stuff but were afraid to ask."
This series was originally published in "73 Amateur Radio" between November 1997 and February 1998
Getting Started on RTTY
- A complete guide to start using MMTTY to start trasmitting in RTTY. This is a basic but complete RTTY guide for those who want to quickly start RTTY communications.
Guide to Ham radio
- Beginners guide to Ham Radio. Build your own radio station at home and talk to freiend all over the world. Find lot more at www.hamradio.co.in
Ham Radio communications can be fun !
- Ham radio activities, from satellite operations, eme communications, dxing and contesting, qsling and direction findings, are just some of ham radio exciting activities
Ham radio for the novice
- A site exclusively meant for the novice. Find all the information necessary to become an amateur radio operator! More India specific information.
Ham Radio Help Group
- Dedicated to those who are interested in getting started in amateur radio or upgrading to a higher class license
Ham Radio Terms
- This glossary contains general definitions of typical amateur radio terms
How access DX Clusters via internet
- The purpose of this page is to show you how you can access a DX Cluster via the Internet. There are many software applications available, some are free some are not. Excellent page from OZ2M
How Radio Works
- Excellent slides explaining radio and radiowaves generation basics
How to become an amateur radio
- How to become an amateur radio ? by ON4SKY
Review of general conditions to get licensed, examinations, regulation, CW, foreign calls, and more
How to make a Morse Code QSO
- This step-by-step tutorial contains everything you need, not only to survive that first contact, but also to learn to enjoy Code and actually do it well. Even if you detested learning it in the first place
How to select a transceiver
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in several technical articles the way to select a transceiver. His website includes also some in-depth reviews
How to select an amplifier
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in three long articles all you need to know about amplification, and how to seletc an HF and a solid-state amplifier, with pictures.
How to Use Amateur Radio Repeaters
- This article will help the New Ham to be more at home on repeaters and understand the operation and procedures on Ham Radio Repeaters.
Operating Practice - ON4WW
- A must read guide for all new and old operators.
This document was originally written with the prime focus on DXing and pileup behavior. Suggestions by proofreaders have been implemented; the document is not as narrowly focused anymore as originally intended. It contains hints, tips and tricks for newcomers as well as old-timers. Additionally there are VHF/UHF operational matters, DX Cluster ethics, COPS, Conflict Situations and more.
Parlez Vous QSO ?!
- Simply QSO phrases in European Languages, produced with the assistance of radio amateurs and linguists from Europe and beyond.
Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.
PSK for Beginners
- Article on PSK modes. PSK for Beginners Has RTTY's Replacement Arrived?