- A basic CW operating manual
- Compiled by Dan Stegner KC0OBU from FISTS CW Club member tips, amateur radio morse code procedures
[ Hits: 3000 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5 ]
- A Beginner's Guide to Making CW Contacts
- Jack Wagoner WB8FSV, a very well done article on how start a CW QSO, how to answer a CQ, how call your CQ and more. A must reading for beginners
[ Hits: 6221 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 8.77 ]
- A beginner's guide to RTTY contests
- A pdf file with review of RTTY contests software available on the net and information on how to operate a RTTY Contest, by RSGB.
[ Hits: 2112 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- A Guide to Test Equipment
- That just about sums up many peoples attitude towards test equipment. Multimeter, SWR/Power Meter, Dip Oscillator, RF Signal Generator, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
[ Hits: 2100 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Simple Telegraph Key
- How To Build Code-Practice Apparatus: A Simple Telegraph Key
[ Hits: 9568 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.3 ]
- Amateur Radio Frequencies
- List compiled by N4LCD with description of main frequency usage
[ Hits: 666 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- An Introduction to Datamodes
- ARAC guide to datamodes
[ Hits: 353 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
[ Hits: 1957 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- Beginners Guide to Ham Radio
- What is Amateur Radio ?. Things you can to do with amateur radio.
[ Hits: 27311 | Votes: 29 | Rating: 5.41 ]
- Best band to start on with QRP
- The following are the opinions expressed by various amateurs
[ Hits: 2439 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- Contest University
- After a year of preparation, 150 students and 11 professors participated in 10 hours of intense Contesting instruction covering some 22 topics, with over 400 pages of text
[ Hits: 547 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Definition of frequency bands
- Definition of radio frequency bands, hf vhf uhf etc.
[ Hits: 1214 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- DX Code of Conduct
- Improve ethical conduct. Unpleasant, uncivil, impolite behavior of our fellow hams reduces the enjoyment of our hobby. What You Can Do to Improve DXEtiquette
[ Hits: 912 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- DX-ers guide to instantaneous fame
- This web page is part of a self-help program for licensed amateur radio operators and radio pirates.
[ Hits: 114 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Electronic Construction Tutorial
- Everything you wanted to know about building stuff but were afraid to ask."
This series was originally published in "73 Amateur Radio" between November 1997 and February 1998
[ Hits: 1879 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.75 ]
- Getting Started on RTTY
- A complete guide to start using MMTTY to start trasmitting in RTTY. This is a basic but complete RTTY guide for those who want to quickly start RTTY communications.
[ Hits: 672 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Getting Started with the FM Satellites
- If you can program split-frequency memories in your dual-band radio, or your dual-band radio has two VFOs, you can work an FM satellite
[ Hits: 802 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Good Operating Practices
- Amateur radio good operating practices by KG9OM
[ Hits: 976 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Guide to D-star, DMR, Fusion
- An introduction to digital modes DMR Fusion and D-Star.
This excellent article will guide you to learn differences between these digital modes by evaluating costs, ease of use and programaming, extendability and more characteristics.
[ Hits: 265 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Ham Radio Beginner
- Our goal is to provide helpful and useful information to Ham Radio Beginners so you can get started as soon as you want to enjoy the amateur radio hobby.
[ Hits: 194 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Ham Radio communications can be fun !
- Ham radio activities, from satellite operations, eme communications, dxing and contesting, qsling and direction findings, are just some of ham radio exciting activities
[ Hits: 623 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ham Radio Conversation Guide
- Amateur radio multi language QSO with translation in several languages. How to conduct a QSO in a foreign language including english
[ Hits: 814 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Ham radio for the novice
- A site exclusively meant for the novice. Find all the information necessary to become an amateur radio operator! More India specific information.
[ Hits: 2224 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.5 ]
- Ham Radio Guide to DMR
- Amateur Radio Guide to Digital Mobile Radio by W2XAB
[ Hits: 914 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- HF Antennas for Beginners - 30 Meters and Below
- An interesting article for beginners that guide new hams to find what kind of antenna to install, evaluating wire aerials, commercial verticals and how to setup antennas in restricted lots
[ Hits: 704 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- How access DX Clusters via internet
- The purpose of this page is to show you how you can access a DX Cluster via the Internet. There are many software applications available, some are free some are not. Excellent page from OZ2M
[ Hits: 2206 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- How Far Can I Talk With My Radio?
- In order to determine total distance that a transmission may be received by two elevated antennas, we must add together the radio horizon distance of both antennas.
[ Hits: 326 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How Radio Works
- Excellent slides explaining radio and radiowaves generation basics
[ Hits: 1677 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.75 ]
- How to become an amateur radio
- How to become an amateur radio ? by ON4SKY
Review of general conditions to get licensed, examinations, regulation, CW, foreign calls, and more
[ Hits: 603 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How To Get An Ham Radio License
- Provides information about how to get a ham radio license, with reference links to ham radio societies.
[ Hits: 14423 | Votes: 19 | Rating: 6.68 ]
- How to make a Morse Code QSO
- This step-by-step tutorial contains everything you need, not only to survive that first contact, but also to learn to enjoy Code and actually do it well. Even if you detested learning it in the first place
[ Hits: 12267 | Votes: 30 | Rating: 6.28 ]
- How to select a transceiver
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in several technical articles the way to select a transceiver. His website includes also some in-depth reviews
[ Hits: 1722 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8 ]
- How to select an amplifier
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in three long articles all you need to know about amplification, and how to seletc an HF and a solid-state amplifier, with pictures.
[ Hits: 5389 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.4 ]
- How to Use Amateur Radio Repeaters
- This article will help the New Ham to be more at home on repeaters and understand the operation and procedures on Ham Radio Repeaters.
[ Hits: 841 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How to Work 6 Meter DX by W3EP
- December 1998 QST World Above 50MHz copyright ARRL
[ Hits: 1095 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 21301 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 5.54 ]
- Introduction to HF
- A interesting guide to help get started with HF published at Essex Ham
[ Hits: 552 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Introduction to packet radio
- Why Packet Radio? Could be, You are Missing Something Funm, by Greg Jones, WD5IVD
[ Hits: 5020 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Make an HF station work more effectively
- How do we make an HF station work more effectively? Antennas are the key!
[ Hits: 542 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- Operating in SPLIT mode
- He's operating split? What does that mean? By Terry Lines, KD5RA
[ Hits: 566 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Operating Practice - ON4WW
- A must read guide for all new and old operators.
This document was originally written with the prime focus on DXing and pileup behavior. Suggestions by proofreaders have been implemented; the document is not as narrowly focused anymore as originally intended. It contains hints, tips and tricks for newcomers as well as old-timers. Additionally there are VHF/UHF operational matters, DX Cluster ethics, COPS, Conflict Situations and more.
[ Hits: 2367 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.6 ]
- Operating Tips for new hams
- Some operating tips, mainly for new hams that may have crossed over from 11 meters
[ Hits: 292 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Parlez Vous QSO ?!
- Simply QSO phrases in European Languages, produced with the assistance of radio amateurs and linguists from Europe and beyond.
[ Hits: 934 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.
[ Hits: 15527 | Votes: 28 | Rating: 6.39 ]
- PSK for Beginners
- Article on PSK modes. PSK for Beginners Has RTTY's Replacement Arrived?
[ Hits: 3642 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Radio & Communications
- Info about many aspects of Radio & Communications. Antennas, signals, frequencies, codes, swr, scanning etc.
[ Hits: 18454 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 3.32 ]
- RARS Repeater Operating Guide
- What is a repeater? How do you use repeaters. A great guide to use amateur radio repeaters incuding repeater frequencies, operating procedures and practices.
[ Hits: 208 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Recommended frequencies for digital modes
- Active digital mode frequency list compiled by Jason Buchanan - N1SU
[ Hits: 3941 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.67 ]
- Repeaters Use Guide
- A document about Repeaters what are they and how to use them in a pdf file format
[ Hits: 786 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6 ]
- Satellite for Beginners
- Learn how to start using ham radio satellites for your DX contacts, PDF presentation by Dave Long
[ Hits: 878 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- So you want to be a dxer
- Basic tips for DXing
[ Hits: 1519 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Split Operations - When and How
- When do you need to go to a split operation ? When the people you are giving reports to are not answering, or when you are not getting your report from the station you are working because of other stations who are continuously calling.
[ Hits: 643 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Split Operations - When and How
- An interesting guide on operating in split mode
[ Hits: 593 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- SSTV Fast guide
- Get on SSTV FAST with this quick tip quide. All the info you need to get started quickly.
[ Hits: 1185 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- The appropriate use of lingo
- The appropriate use of lingo in the voice modes
[ Hits: 405 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- The Considerate Opertator's Frequency Guide
- An ARRL guide to where on the HF bands various modes and activities are generally found.
[ Hits: 3904 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.4 ]
- The HF Bands - For HF Newcomers
- The HF ham bands can be mysterious. Some work at night, some during the day. Some seem to be good for long distance contacts while some are better for nearby contacts. Even worse, they change tremendously from hour to hour and day to day. An overview on operating on HF amateur radio bands
[ Hits: 1250 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- The Origin of 73
- Taken from April 1935 issue of QST page 60 where there is a short article on the origin of 73
[ Hits: 435 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Tips for Getting Your DXCC
- If your goal is to obtain your DXCC award, here are a few tips that may help by k2ZS
[ Hits: 196 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Understanding the basics of SSB transmission
- Fundamentals of operating on single sideband
[ Hits: 448 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- What is DX
- Some people say the "D" in DX stands for Distance, and the "X" stands for the unknown, meaning hearing unidentified stations until identified. Read more on meanings of DX in Ham Radio slang.
[ Hits: 672 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- What is QRP
- To those new to the hobby of Amateur Radio, hearing the term QRP often raises questions: What is QRP? Why do some hams choose to operate QRP? How can I operate QRP? These are good questions, and all are worth asking. This article will attempt to answer these questions.
by William Eric McFadden
[ Hits: 2515 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Which bands to use
- An excellent introduction to ham radio bands, which bands to use and when.
[ Hits: 1310 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Why a Beam Antenna
- Some basic antenna information for the newcomer
[ Hits: 938 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Working DX Should be fun
- How we cal all improve our operating for the benefit of other amateurs, by G3RWF G3PJT on Radcom 10-2010
[ Hits: 317 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Your First Rig
- Recommendations on choosing your first rig
[ Hits: 935 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4 ]