- Why can't you find the specifications for the baluns on the market? The only specifications you'll see are the ratio, the power rating and a bandwidth that is more hoped for than reality.
A Cost Effective Current-mode 1:1 Balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:1 balun can be constructed from a length of coax and a rod typically used for a broadcast antenna loop-stick, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors.
A model of a practical Ruthroff 1:4 balun
- The 1:4 balun is of particular interest because it underlies many other configurations, and understanding it helps towards understanding the other Ruthroff balun configurations.
The Guanella 1:4 balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:4 balun can be constructed from two lengths of coax, two ferrite rods, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors. This form of 1:4 current-mode balun is named after G. Guanella.
- CWS ByteMark's Baluns (Balanced to Unbalanced) and Ununs (unbalanced to unbalanced) transformers are developed jointly with Dr. Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, who is known worldwide for his work on transmission line transformers
- Ferrite Toroids. Iron Powder Toroids. Ferrite Beads. Split Cores. Cable clamp-ons. Balun Cores. W2FMI Baluns and Ununs. Inductive components for EMI Suppression and RFI Suppresion, power supplies, HAM radio.