- 70 cm Power splitter
- A simple accurate power splitter for the 70cm uplink to Oscar 13
[ Hits: 1747 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1 ]
- 75 ohm to 50 ohm Transformers
- Transmission Line 75 ohm to 50 ohm Transformers
[ Hits: 737 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3 ]
- A Cheap & Easy 2.4GHz Feed
- The KI7CX 2.4 GHz Cheap & Easy antenna/feed
[ Hits: 399 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A T-Match ATU
- An homebrew antenna tuner project
[ Hits: 31408 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 5.85 ]
- AA3RL Transmission Line Calculator
- Excel spreasheet that calculate virtually every transmission line parameter that one may need.
Include Length conversions, Reactance and Length of Stubs
[ Hits: 5195 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Actual Antenna SWR
- Easy for calculate formula which could be a wake-up call for you.
The SWR value at the input of antenna cable is not a actual SWR of your favorite antenna.
[ Hits: 4109 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.8 ]
- All About Ham Radio ladder-line
- ladder-line is great - extremely low loss, even at high SWR. However, many hams refuse to use it because they are afflicted by common misconceptions
[ Hits: 583 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5 ]
- All About Ham Radio Ladderline
- Ladder Line Myths, Line Types, Spacing and Impedance, Length by KV5R
[ Hits: 1118 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- Anatomy of an Antenna Feedline
- How to setup a proper antenna feed line with a particular attention to RFI by K0GKJ
[ Hits: 489 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Cable Loss and SWR
- Calculate Cable Loss from SWR and reverse. Text file with only two simply formulas
[ Hits: 2147 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4 ]
- Antenna current meter
- How to measure antenna feed balanced lines currents
[ Hits: 707 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.67 ]
- Antenna feed impedance
- Article on antenna feed impedance and the importance of matching RF andtennas to feeders, including notes on Radiation resistance, loss resistance, and efficiency are also detailed.
[ Hits: 396 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Antenna Feed Lines for Portable Use
- Why twinlead isn't necessarily a low loss feed line.
[ Hits: 1450 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Antenna Feeders
- Different types of feeders, SWR and matching
[ Hits: 454 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- Antenna Transmatch Tips
- Tips on tuning antennas using Antenna Tuning Units also called ATU. This article explains the functions and ills of tuners, along with some guide- lines for building an ATU.
[ Hits: 3259 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.4 ]
- Antenna Tuning
- Tuning mobile and base antennas, measuring SWR.
[ Hits: 6560 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5 ]
- Automatic Band Decoders
- To build a Band Decoder to drive our remote relays, we need to supply the band information from the rig to the decoder
[ Hits: 1172 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- Balanced Self Matching Feed Line System
- KE4UYP designed this Balanced Self Matching Feed Line System for people who want the very best feed line they can have on a Monobanded antenna
[ Hits: 1307 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Band Filters
- Experience of band filters, for a contest multi operator enviroenment
[ Hits: 3948 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- Better Feedline Loss Measurements with Antenna Analyzers
- Various publications through the years have shown how the SWR measured on a shorted (or open) feed line can be used to calculate feed line attenuation
[ Hits: 1776 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Build An LF Antenna Analyzer
- A Portable Low Frequency Antenna Analyzer, For those of us who like to play with antennas on the ham bands, one of the handiest tools to have around the shack is an "antenna analyzer". These gadgets combine a signal generator and standing-wave ratio (SWR) sensor in a small battery-powered unit.
[ Hits: 4514 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5 ]
- Center feed insulator
- A center antenna insulator with feedline strain relief
[ Hits: 1640 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Choosing Feed Lines
- Choosing the right feed line for your antennas, is a critical decision to your station setup.
[ Hits: 644 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Coax Cable Loss
- Table representing loss of Coax Cables in db per 100ft.
[ Hits: 2155 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- Coax cable loss table
- Coaxial cable loss in db per 100 ft.
[ Hits: 4416 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 7.68 ]
- Coax Cable Specifications
- Coax cables, pictures and specifications
[ Hits: 2626 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.83 ]
- Coax cables specifications
- Useful data-sheet on RG coax cables compiled by NA5N
[ Hits: 2152 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Coax Two Antenna Matching Network
- 50 Ohm Coax Antenna Power Splitter and Matching Network
[ Hits: 372 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- Coaxial feeder or RF coax cable
- An overview of coax cable often called coaxial feeder or RF cable, used to feed antennas and deliver radio frequency power from one point to another
[ Hits: 606 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.67 ]
- Coaxial Transmitting Chokes
- Understanding Common Mode and Differential Mode Currents on Transmission Lines by K9YC
[ Hits: 1030 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Common mode currents
- Common mode currents can flow in all sorts of systems, not just antenna feed lines. This article explain how Common mode noise can be isolated from the desired signal
[ Hits: 290 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Comparator-based RF switch
- This is a concept paper, not a constuction article. There are too many variables to propose a one size fits all design. However, this paper should give you the basic idea how to do it
[ Hits: 694 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Conventional Use of Transmission Line
- ordinary transmission line theory
[ Hits: 290 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Detuning Towers
- The goal of detuning is not to avoid resonance, but rather to minimize re-radiation and/or current in the interfering structure.
[ Hits: 782 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Do You Need an Antenna Tuner
- Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on the type of antenna and feed line you're using. QST Article in pdf format
[ Hits: 22433 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 4.58 ]
- ERP Estimator
- Calculate online, ERP in dB and dBi given PWR Frequency Coax lenght and type and antenna type
[ Hits: 1629 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 3.8 ]
- Feed antenna through closed window
- A system to lay the antenna cable through a closed window by OE1VFW
[ Hits: 987 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Feed Line Currents for Neophytes
- This paper discusses the sources of feed line currents and the methods used to control them.
[ Hits: 298 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Feeder Radiation
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
[ Hits: 1776 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8 ]
- Feeder types
- Article descrive the different types including coax and open-wire feeder and waveguide.
[ Hits: 290 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Feeding an End-Fed Antenna
- End-Fed antennas are NOT balanced systems; but neither are verticals, ground planes, discones, windoms, zepps, Marconis, half-slopers, et al. Additionally, the low-impedance antenna port of your transmitter/receiver is not balanced.
[ Hits: 21054 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 7.76 ]
- Feeding the Beast
- Transferring Radio Frequency Energy from Your Transmitter to Your Antenna by Don Keith N4KC
[ Hits: 473 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Ground Problems
- Collection of articles about ground systems
[ Hits: 1224 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- HF Antenna Switch
- The purpose of this remote antenna switch was to be able to select between four different antenna combinations The unit was designed to work at RF power levels of around 100 watts by G8JNJ
[ Hits: 910 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 21526 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 5.54 ]
- Inductance of Twin Lead
- Calculate the inductance of twin lead online
[ Hits: 303 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- LA6PB's split dipole
- A new method of feeding a dipole with toroids.
[ Hits: 4044 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Let's talk transmission lines
- Don't neglect one of the most important parts of your station!
[ Hits: 983 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9 ]
- Line Isolator System
- A system view of the line isolator
[ Hits: 1651 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Line Loss Calculator
- Types of coax cable with rf attenuator calculator, line loss calculator form includes an antenna gain calculator
[ Hits: 814 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Low loss Japanese coaxial cable
- 5D-FB,8D-FB,10D-FB cables offer very low attenuation comparable to that of famous Andrews' Heliax and 8D-FB is almost half that of standard RG-213 for an equivalent diameter!
[ Hits: 956 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- Magic T combiners splitters
- The magic "T" combiner is a very useful device. It can provide equal voltages, equal current, or equal power to matched or unmatched loads. It is not a magic bullet.
[ Hits: 1234 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- Making a half wave coax cable
- How to make a half l or quarter l coax cable for a specific frequency
[ Hits: 1389 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Measuring Cable Loss
- Improving measurement accuracy when
low-power analyzers are used.
[ Hits: 772 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- Preventing Feedline Radiation
- How to handle feedline radiation issues
[ Hits: 313 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Remote Control Antenna Switch
- The Remote Control Antenna Switch consists of two circuit boards. The control unit and the remotely controlled switch
[ Hits: 1099 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RF Coaxial Connectors
- RF coax(ial) connectors are a vital link in the radio spectrum. Coax connectors are often used to interface two units such as the antenna to a transmission line, a receiver or a transmitter. The proper choice of a coax connector will facilitate this interface.
[ Hits: 4261 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RF Transmission Line Loss Calculator
- This calculator computes the matched line loss for a transmission line using a model calibrated from data for the transmission line types built in to the calculator.
It also gives an estimate of the mismatched loss if the mismatch is specified.
[ Hits: 2462 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 3.94 ]
- RF Transmission Line Loss Calculator
- This calculator computes the matched line loss for a transmission line using a model calibrated from data for the transmission line types built in to the calculator. It also gives an estimate of the mismatched loss if the mismatch is specified.
[ Hits: 553 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1 ]
- Rolling your own balanced feed lines
- An article by VE1VQ that illustrate how to home made a balanced feed line
[ Hits: 1795 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Setting the SWR of Your Antenna
- SWR (standing wave ratio), is a measurement of how efficiently your antenna system will radiate the power available from your radio. In simple terms, your radio would like to radiate all of its power, but can only do so if the other components cooperate
[ Hits: 1226 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Single Coil Z Match
- Single Coil Z Match, circuit Diagram and homebrewing notes
[ Hits: 1287 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- SWR Calculator
- BesserNet Reflectometer is a fun SWR calculator and simulator Java applet
[ Hits: 4029 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 4.6 ]
- SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWR meters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
[ Hits: 1197 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.33 ]
- T-Match Construction
- The T-Match with its balanced feed point is one method of feeding a Balanced Dipole.
[ Hits: 703 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Clemens Match by W9ERN
- Balanced feed with coaxial line by John F. Clemens W9ERN
[ Hits: 684 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.5 ]
- The Coaxial Line
- Impedance matching, Transmission Lines, Characteristic Impedance, VSWR & Mismatch and Antenna Losses
[ Hits: 855 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The DK7ZB-Match for Yagis
- Simple, easy to built match developed in 1995 for Yagis with resistitive loads of 12.5, 18 and 28 Ohm.
[ Hits: 3576 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.38 ]
- The Ladder line
- Myths and information about ladder line by KV5R
[ Hits: 433 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The quarter wave transformer
- A transient analysis of an inpedance transforming device, by W9DMK, in pdf format
[ Hits: 942 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- The simplest phased array feed system that works
- How to calculate "phasing line" lengths that actually work.
[ Hits: 2087 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.75 ]
- The Ultimate transmatch
- Usage and benefits of transmatch. A pdf document from a QST article made available for novices and beginners by ARRL
[ Hits: 15866 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.1 ]
- To transform ot not to transform - Feed Lines
- Transmission lines have many uses other than simply transferring RF power from one point to another.
Impedance matching, baluns and filters are probable the most common of these.
[ Hits: 107 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Transmission line calculator
- A transmission line caculator Java applet that can be run on your computer or by using your web browser. This calclucator can also be run on your PC by following instruction and download link.
[ Hits: 658 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3 ]
- Transmission line calculator
- A windows impedance calculator software by VK3UM
[ Hits: 1098 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.75 ]
- Transmission Lines
- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
[ Hits: 1239 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Transmission Lines
- About feed lines, parallel lines and coaxial lines, notes on impedance, SWR, Baluns, velocity factor and more by NZART
[ Hits: 580 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Transmission lines for dummies
- Myths and basic truths on transmission lines
[ Hits: 1398 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Transmitting Line Condition vs. SWR Table
- One another useful Table for the HAM's practice.
[ Hits: 1184 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.2 ]
- Twin Feed experiment
- Experimenting a low impedance feedline by G3TXQ
[ Hits: 314 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Using Delta Matching on HF Beams
- Using delta match with HF antennas design
[ Hits: 5578 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.5 ]
- Verticals. Ground systems and some history
- Article gives a good overview of the basics and reflects the accepted wisdom from BC antenna work.
[ Hits: 1510 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Where Does the Power Go
- An Energy Analysis at an Impedance Discontinuity in an RF Transmission Line
[ Hits: 661 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Why good Antennas need good Coax cable
- The importance of an efficient antenna feed line that can minimize the disturbing noise for an optimal signal reception
[ Hits: 435 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]