The Chinese Recent, Quanzhou Risen Electronics Co. Ltd, manufacturer of Digital and Analog transceivers, recently released the RS-918SSB a QRP HF SDR Transceiver working all HF Ham Radio Bands, with a maximum output power of 15W, in SSB, CW, AM (RX only), FM and FreeDV.
The compact dimensions 215×74×62mm and the weight of 623g make it an interesting transceiver for portable operations.
RS-918SSB Main Features
- Spectrum Dynamic Waterfall Display
- Multiple Working Modes: Receive,Transmit,Tune,VFO,SPLIT
- DSP Digital Signal Processing Noise Reduction
- Automatic Notch Filter
- Humanized Interface Color Display
- Receive Fine Tuning Function, Changeable MIC Gain Value
- VCC Power Supply Voltage Indication Table
- Transmit Signal Strength Display Table
- Multifunctional Instrument: SWR Meter, AVD Audio Frequency Meter, ALC Signal Modulation Meter
RS-918SSB Technical Specifications
- Frequency Range – RX: 1.8-30MHz TX:All HAM HF BANDS
- Operating Mode – SSB(J3E)，CW，AM(RX Only), FM, FREE-DV
- TX Power – 5W (Standard, DC 13.8V) , 15W (Full,DC 13.8V)
- Receiving Sensitivity – 0.11~0.89μV (RFC 50-20)
- Minimum Frequency Step – 1Hz
- Operating Voltage – DC9~15V
- Antenna Impedance – 50Ω
- Frequency Stability – ±1.5PPM @ Power on 5 Minutes (Standard) ; ±0.5PPM if Optional TCXO Used
- Product Dimension (W × H × D) – 215×74×62mm（Mounting Bracket Included）
- Weight – 623g
According to Larry Yang of Quanzhou Risen Electronics Co. Ltd, the RS-918SSSB is sold at USD 350 + Shipping Costs.