This Week in Amateur Radio
- Amateur Radio News and Information Bulletin Service delivered via satellite on AMC-7, transponder 5, 7.5 MHz wideband audio and over the internet in MP3 and RealAudio format
Global Positioning System Primer
- Welcome to the Global Positioning System (GPS)
What is GPS? What is Navigation?
GPS Elements Satellites in Space Ground Control Stations and Receivers, How GPS Works - An Amazing System, Military Uses for GPS
[ Hits: 1041 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
GPS Time Series
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a constellation of 24 satellites which is used for navigation and precise geodetic position measurements.
Bass Amateur Radio Irlp Group Inc
- The bass amateur radio IRLP group node 6391. victoria australia. info IRLP stands for the Internet Radio Linking Project. The aim of this project is to link radio systems separated by long distance without the use of expensive leased lines, satellites, or controllers.
- Monitors the space weather parameters essential for HF radio, including SSN/SFI, Ap/Kp, X-ray/Proton flux, and Auroral activity. IonoProbe downloads near-real time satellite and ground station data, stores information for future use and displays it in a user-friendly way.
- Satscape is a freeware program for the PC Macintosh and Linux. It produces real-time displays of where any Satellite is, and predicts passes for your locale. There are about 8000+ satellites in orbit, a lot of these are just junk and debris such as discarded rocket bodies, but quite a few are working Satellites.
Big Fat Tail Productions
- PocketSat is a full-featured satellite tracking application for PalmOS and PocketPC devices. It is designed to be usable by both experienced satellite trackers as well as novices who are interested in knowing when they can simply look up and see satellites.
- InstantTrack is a satellite tracking program for PC compatibles running DOS or other environments for DOS programs (including Windows) InstantTrack has been a favorite of many amateur radio satellite operators since the introduction of version 1.00 in 1989 ...
[ Hits: 2467 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.25 ]
- STSORBIT PLUS, usually known as STSPLUS, will track the space shuttle or any satellitefor which orbital data (TLEs) are available. A brief description of the program and several screen capture examples follow the links for downloading the program files.
[ Hits: 3105 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 10.00 ]
Home Planet Release 3.1
- Comprehensive astronomy / space / satellite-tracking package for Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me and Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP
[ Hits: 1727 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- SATBUSTER for Windows is especially designed forsatellite visual observers and trackers. Its users, mainly amateur astronomers and radio amateurs, appreciate both the accuracy and the simple to use graphical interface.The software is aimed to hobbysts. However a growing number of plain folks are starting to use this tool to recognize and look at the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle during its missions too
[ Hits: 2047 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- SatEvo is a program to compute the decay or re-entry times of earth satellites. For objects nearing decay, it generates sets of orbital elements for each revolution. The format of the input and output element sets conform to the standard tle format accepted by many prediction programs.
[ Hits: 587 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Satellite tracking with GPS
- The program calculates the actual position of the satellites using the NORAD 2LINE-element set, which is available via the Internet, for nearly all satellites. The position is then displayed in 3D-view as well as in 2D (mercator) view, where the footprints are also be shown.