HF Copper Loop
- A small transmitting loop antenna for 14MHz and 21MHz. This is an antenna you might consider if you have limited space, by Lloyd Butler VK5BR
Based on material originally published in Amateur Radio, 11 1991
[ Hits: 21988 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 6.48 ]
HF Copper Loop for 20 and 15 meters
- A Small Transmitting Loop Antenna for 14MHz and 21MHz.
This is an antenna you might consider if you have limited space, by Lloyd Butler VK5BR
The Moxon Rectangle on 2 Meters
- We often think of the Moxon rectangle as strictly an HF antenna. However, its small size and special far field pattern lend themselves to some VHF applications. So let's see how to adapt the design to 2 meters (as a popular band choice) and also see a few of the uses to which we may effectively put the design.
[ Hits: 9003 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 3.20 ]
2m VHF antennas with high gain
- 2m SSB/CW-12.5 Ohm Yagis with extrem high gain and small bandwidth.
These Yagis were constructed as ultra-light, portable Yagis with extrem high gain. They have small bandwidth and are working from 144,0-144,8MHz with good SWR.
160/80m Coaxial Receiving Loop Antennaspop
- Receiving loop antenna for top band. This antenna allow to reduce noise on both bands. The stand alone 80m loop is approximately four feet in diameter. And made of light weight material. Which makes it ideal for portable use or you can mount it above a pre-existing vhf antenna, and due to it's small size it is quite rotatable.
[ Hits: 57457 | Votes: 52 | Rating: 6.06 ]
Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
A $20 HF mobile antenna
- A few hours of fun with PVC and wire and
you’ve got yourself a respectable road radiator. The antenna consists of little more than some PVC pipe topped by a RadioShack replacement whip antenna and a couple of coils made from a small roll of #14 house wire.
A Stealthy HF Coat Hanger Antenna
- A multiband stealth antenna. Tuner is required.
The antenna is made from a $15, 500 ft roll of black #14 insulated stranded wire, about 120 small black wire ties, and maybe 30 or so large black wire ties.
New HF antenna HB9ABX
- A new, revolutionary design allows the construction of smallHF antennas,
which provide the same efficiency as large antennas. This antenna can be built for all HF bands, from 10 to 80 m.
- Hams have been putting stations in their cars since the Twenties. Today, there is great satisfaction in facing the challenge of installing a transceiver in our small cars and pick-ups, using somewhat inefficient antennas
Yaesu FT-817 Portable QRP Transceiver
- The FT-817 is a small 5W MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with internal batteries. Here is an assortment of technical information K6XX put together about this rig that might interest you.
Yaesu FT-857 description
- The FT-857, the world's smallest HF/VHF/UHF mobile transceiver, provides base station-type performance from an ultra-compact package that's ideal for mobile or external battery portable work.