alan 319 links
- Balun Theory
- The word balun means balanced-unbalanced: it's used to adapt a balanced device to an unbalanced one, read more basic thory on Ununs and Baluns
[ Hits: 37524 | Votes: 30 | Rating: 6.64 ]
- Baluns: What they do and how they do it
- Article on Baluns and how they works, what Problems are Baluns supposed to Solve, Causes of System Imbalance from ARRL Antenna Compendium by W7EL
[ Hits: 1386 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.70 ]
- When and Where to Use Baluns
- Baluns are usually used by Hams to feed dipole antennas with 50 ohm coax and to transpose from ladder line feeding a multi-band antenna to the unbalanced input of an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 1012 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- Rolling your own balanced feed lines
- An article by VE1VQ that illustrate how to home made a balanced feed line
[ Hits: 1628 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Chocking the End-Fed Antenna
- Stop common-mode current when transmitting with an end-fed antenna. Unbalanced antennas are very prone to currents on the outside of the coax.
[ Hits: 524 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Open Wire Feed Line a second look
- Put up the longest dipole you can fit, feed it with open wire line, connect it to the balanced output of your tuner and poof! Instant multiband antenna. Is life really that simple?
[ Hits: 2382 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6.79 ]
- 160 meter full wave loop antenna
- The antenna is a 10 - 160 meter horizontal loop fed with 450 ohm ladder line all the way into the ham shack to an Palstar AT1500BAL balanced line antenna tuner
[ Hits: 94571 | Votes: 116 | Rating: 6.49 ]
- Clemens match
- The Clemens match is easy to make and reliable, and is preferable to a single Gamma match as it is balanced
[ Hits: 4963 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- S-MATCH Universal ATU
- PA0FRI's "S-MATCH ATU" published in RSGB's RadCom March 2003). The Balanced Universal ATU Photographs of ZL2ML's S-Match were added.
[ Hits: 5207 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.14 ]
- A 100W Z-Match for 160m to 10m
- This is a project by F5IMV devided to build a balanced Z-match, capable of matching an unbalanced 50 ohm transmitter output into an antenna fed by balanced feeders.
[ Hits: 1645 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- A Homebrew Z-Match Transmatch
- A home made antenna tuner based on the W6JJZ basic concept that ,atches balanced loads without the use of lossy baluns, can provide band-pass filtering and harmonic attenuation.
[ Hits: 650 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- DirectionalWaveguide - Seattle Wireless
- Waveguide antenna is a type of DirectionalAntenna and is a modified waveguide. A waveguide is simply a tube, either rectangular or cylindrical in cross-section, that will carry a microwave radio signal with very low signal loss
[ Hits: 4778 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- AOR Scanner Live from New Zealand
- An AOR AR-8200 Mk3 radio scanner live stream with remote control live from Wellington, New Zealand
[ Hits: 2116 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 4.20 ]
- Experiments with a Top-loaded Vertical Aerial
- Alan Melia G3NYK and Finbar O’Connor EI0CF
[ Hits: 365 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- PSK31 The Easy Way
- An illustrated and printable introduction to PSK 31 by by Alan J. Gibbs, VK6PG
[ Hits: 728 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- New Zealand Repeaters
- New Zealand Amateur Radio 70, 32 & 23 cm (UHF) Repeaters
[ Hits: 580 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- The SGC 230 Smartuner
- The SGC 230 Smartuner and its use in a balanced antenna configuration, an all-band HF antenna system for difficult EMC environment
[ Hits: 425 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Wellington Scanner Frequencies - New Zealand
- Wellington Scanner Frequencies (NZ) Webpage with scanner frequencies for Wellington and the surrounding regions. Police frequencies are now digital in Wellington. Happy Scanning - WSF
[ Hits: 75 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- EMR Safety Compliance Calculator
- This spreadsheet replicates ALL the tables and lookups in the FCC, ACMA and New Zealand EMR RF Safety compliance regulations.
[ Hits: 360 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.00 ]