Antenna Gain Comparison System
- This device goal is to optimize homebrew antenna for the V/UHF band. This tool, is based itself on the simultaneously comparison between two antenna, directly in dB. by IK0BDO
Mortality statistics in Ham Radio Community
- To search for potentially carcinogenic effects of electromagnetic field exposures, the author conducted a population-based study of mortality in US amateur radio operators
- TNC-X - The Expandable TNC
A new Terminal Node Controller (kit) design based on the Chepponis/Karn KISS protocol. It is implemented using a Microchip PIC 16F628A microcontroller, a CML MX614 Bell 202 modem chip, an 8K Ramtron FRAM
RFSM-2400 Digital Mode
- A recent digital radio protocol. Based on a freeware soundcard-based Radio Frequency Software Modem.
Work under standart MIL-STD-188-110A. Maximum speed 2400 bit/second. Signal bandwidth: 0,3-3,3 kHz (standard mode) and 0,3-2,7 kHz (non-standard mode).
A new method of radio direction findingPriority listing
- A method of finding radio sources with antennas based on omni-directionality (the less directional the better coverage). Uses energy levels and some sophisticated math (encompassed in a free software download on the site) to find x,y,z coordinates of the fox relative to the center of your antenna array. Can be overlayed on a GPS map to help you locate in real-time.
- Free program that interfaces most ICOM radios with the ILG radio frequencies database and lets you click a station in the database to tune your radio to the station, or scan the list looking for stations that are on the air.
- 59+ Converter is an external application which can be obtained as a part of the 59+ Software package that provides extended functionality for exporting, importing and modifying existing 59+ Log databases, dictionaries and tables.
- DX Tracker(tm) is a PC based amateur radio logging program. The program was created and is supported by Ed Lyons, KD6IET, and is constantly undergoing enhancements requested by its many users. The application has been used by amateur radio enthusiasts over the past 10 years, and many enhancements have been added to satisfy the radio amateur needs.
- Radio propagation prediction tool for VHF-UHF, based on the Irregular Terrain Model, also known as Longley-Rice. Can be used as a repeater site planing tool. Has an internal APRS client which can be used to display stations as a landmark.
- Callsign Lookup is a simple, small Apple Macintosh application that allows the amateur radio operator with a dedicated Internet connection (DSL, cable) to quickly access online callsign databases
Vacuum Tube Software
- The VTDATA software package is a complete vacuum tube manual on your computer. It has all the information you'd expect in a tube manual. VTDATA's database also includes vacuum tubes of historical interest, such as the early "two digit" types (45, 80, etc.) and hi-fi audio types.