- 10 Common Tower Building Mistakes
- The 10 most common tower building mistakes written by Steve Morris, K7LXC
[ Hits: 13897 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 3.71 ]
- 160 through UHF rotating tower system
- This is the 195-foot tall rotating Rohn 55G tower at W8JI with yagis for 40 20 15 and 6 meter bands.
[ Hits: 1052 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- 160/80M Mammoth Beam
- A full size 160M 3 element beam antenna and a 80 m 5 element beam antenna on a 330ft Tower
[ Hits: 8726 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 8.08 ]
- 20 Foot Portable PVC Tower
- This tower is easy and inexpensive to build and easy to disassemble for transport.
[ Hits: 5880 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- 20 Foot Tower Construction
- Construction of a 4 legged 20 foot Tower at vk5sw
[ Hits: 3585 | Votes: 46 | Rating: 9.13 ]
- A cheep and reliable tower
- Pictures, drawings and notes about IK4DCS home made tower in italian
[ Hits: 17179 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.29 ]
- A Lowband Antenna that is Almost Free
- The Shunt-fed Tower, an effective Low Band Antenna, uses your beam as a capacitive top-hat and only needs a simple feed network and a good ground system to work DX on 80M and 160M.
[ Hits: 18265 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- A Trolley System for Raising Antennas
- Raising large Yagi antennas can be a challenging project. A trolley system will make the job a lot easier
[ Hits: 1108 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- AE5X Tower Installation
- Detailed pictures and description of antenna tower setup
[ Hits: 888 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Antenna Mast Guying for Amateur Radio Antennas
- Article based on ROHN engineering specification that will guide on proper guying heights and guy lengths when guying ham radio antenna masts. It will help you determine ahead of time the proper length of guy wires and the distance from the base of the mast to the anchor points
[ Hits: 162 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Antenna Safety - Elevated Work Platforms
- Accessing antennas at great height poses many potential safety hazards. Essentially, climbing ladders or scaling towers, regardless of whether or not a commercial safety harness is fitted, is risky business indeed particularly for those hobbyists in their latter years or not as physically capable as others.
[ Hits: 224 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna tower setups gallery
- Interesting photo gallery of antenna installations, tower setups and cabling techniques by IK7SDZ
[ Hits: 2119 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Big Antennas by PA3EPN
- Photos of setup of towers and antennas
[ Hits: 10581 | Votes: 92 | Rating: 7.8 ]
- Big Beam mast bracket
- Big beam mast-to-boom hinged bracket articlel by G3BUG
[ Hits: 744 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Boat and Engine Hoist Ideas for Raising Crank-Up Towers
- Alternate means of raising your tower with readily available boat and engine hoists. Examples of working tower hoists with links to manufacturers.
[ Hits: 781 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 9.85 ]
- Building a mast base
- An introduction to DIY building of a concrete base for a 45' mast.
[ Hits: 3810 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Communications Towers
- Basic information about tower purchasing and installation will help you to communicate your requirements to a tower manufacturer, leading to better decisions and a smoother process from inception to installation.
[ Hits: 855 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Crank up mast pipe
- A Crank up mast pipe by Bob Bruninga
[ Hits: 2894 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- Crank-up Tilt-over Tower
- A home made tower, with project design and pictures
[ Hits: 35018 | Votes: 32 | Rating: 8.21 ]
- Effect of tower coupling on an array
- It's well known that a nearby tower can affect the performance of a vertical array, this article by NK7U describe measurements and prove interaction.
[ Hits: 824 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Falling Derrick Method of Tilting Up a Tower
- A homemade 16 foot falling derrick to tilt up a 50 foot high, 18 inch wide Glen Martin aluminum tower by N6RK
[ Hits: 5641 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 4 ]
- G5RV Antenna by W8AOK
- The Walnut Tower antenna project
[ Hits: 11795 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 8.12 ]
- Gunnar Olsen Study : Towers Collapsing
- This study is of guyed tower failures and collapses to investigate what a typical tower fall radius would be.
[ Hits: 1670 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Guy Cables
- Some information from a research into guy cables to support antenna tower modeling efforts.
[ Hits: 204 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Software for analysis of guyed and self-supporting towers & poles
[ Hits: 883 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ham Radio Tower at N0HR
- Ham Radio Tower Project at N0HR. Includes site plan, escavation, tower construction, HF antennas, grounding and lightning protection, coax and more.
[ Hits: 2821 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8 ]
- HamLin Tower Project 2003
- A cooperative venture between MSUARC and Calloway County Fire and Rescue
[ Hits: 1006 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Home Brew Fold Over Tower
- A Tower Project at WOIVJ. A pictorial story of the erection of a 40 foot, self-supporting, fold-over tower.
[ Hits: 251 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How I Did My Tower
- AD7SR, traces the whole process of erecting a tower from checking on the legal requirements to getting the feedline into the shack.
[ Hits: 643 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How setup the antenna tower
- A multiple page article about assembling the antenna system, this section includes informations on constructing of the concrete tower base, starting from setting up correctly the foundations in relation to the antenna height.
[ Hits: 121 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- HS0ZEE Antenna Tower Installation
- Pictures and history of HS0ZEE 37 meters antenna tower installation with a cubical quad on the top of this tall radio mast.
[ Hits: 2420 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.67 ]
- Installation of a Utility Pole
- There are many ways to support an amateur radio antenna. Installatio of a utility pole will provide an antenna height of approximately 13 meters (40 feet) and will require no guy wires.
[ Hits: 6310 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 7.56 ]
- K3LR contest station
- Multi Multi Station with 9 towers located in Western Pennsylvania
[ Hits: 3765 | Votes: 19 | Rating: 8.11 ]
- K7HC SteppIR and Tower project
- Pictures of K7HC SteppIR and tower setup project
[ Hits: 887 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- KC1XX Contest Station
- Amateur Radio Station owned by Matt Strelow.
The station is designed for competition in the multi-operator multi-transmitter category of high-frequency DX contests. Running with 7 towers 6 rotators, 8 beverage listening antennas, and 4 spotting verticals
[ Hits: 1691 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Key to Successful Tower Installations
- PPT file by KE1IH on Tower installation
[ Hits: 2401 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- KO4BB Tower Project
- A 50' folding Rohn 25 tower project
[ Hits: 1096 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- KO4BB's Tower Building Project
- Picture and description of a home made antenna tower
[ Hits: 8896 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- KQ6XA Antennas and towers
- Interesting antennas pojects such as Broadband/Multiband Dipole and Tower radiating antennas for 80m and 160m, HF antenna for the micro-light backpacking enthusiast
[ Hits: 44349 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.2 ]
- Lifting Rohn 45G 25G Tower
- Pictures taken during lifting of a Rohn antnena tower
[ Hits: 1566 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- Measuring Tower Resonances
- Some notes on measuring tower resonances by Rudy Severns, N6LF
[ Hits: 667 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- N9XT antenna tower setup
- Antenna assembly and tower raising
[ Hits: 2270 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- NYLO's NOTEPAD Tower Page
- Huge amount of relevant information you should know before building a tower
[ Hits: 1749 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Raising a Yagi Onto a Guyed Tower
- VE3VN describe in this article how to raise a tri-band yagi antenna onto a DMX-52 tower with pictures and schemas that cover the whole raising process.
[ Hits: 489 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Replacing cables and rotator on a tower
- N5AR article on maintnenance works on a crank up tower
[ Hits: 863 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Screw in guy anchors and guy lines
- Common causes of failues, due to wrong clamps. About Guy Anchors
[ Hits: 549 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- Selecting a Tower
- Selecting a Tower Supplier, site selection, design options and environmental Factors
[ Hits: 762 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Telescopic Mobile Tilt over Trailer Tower
- EI5FK tower project
[ Hits: 2650 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- The Gin Pole: erecting antenna masts
- An easy method for erecting antenna masts using readily available material
[ Hits: 1640 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The K7NV Guyed Tower Safety
- Guyed Tower Safety Analyses by Kurt, K7NV
[ Hits: 375 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- The Tower Project
- This is a description of how KO4BB built his tower. It is provided in the hope that it will be useful to anyone want to setup his own ham radio tower.
[ Hits: 519 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Tilt over radio tower
- Ham radio tower project by VK6YSF
[ Hits: 1374 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Tilt-over antenna mast
- This isnít a set of step-by-step instructions, but my info might give you some ideas for building your own antenna support.
[ Hits: 3058 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.67 ]
- Tower building mistakes
- The 10 most common tower building mistakes by K7LXC
[ Hits: 904 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Tower interactions
- A study on vertical-tower interactions by N6LF
[ Hits: 647 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Towers Setup at Jonesport - picture gallery
- Photo gallery of a work of several weeks consisting of the construction of 5 towers and 28 antennas at the new Jonesport, ME station.
[ Hits: 79 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Towertalk Archives
- A tower related mailing list
[ Hits: 895 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Tri-Ex LM354 Tower Setup
- A 50 foot tower setup with pictures and installation details
[ Hits: 1948 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- Use of tripods to assemble and balance big antennas
- Here is a way to ease assembly and balancing of a large antenna. The elements and boom are assembled separately in most cases. Once they are all together set up 2 tripods in the assembly area and put the boom on them.
[ Hits: 2049 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- VE3XD Tower Setup
- Trylon 56' T300 tower installed with a Cushcraft X7 tri-band antenna
[ Hits: 700 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- W0AIH Contest Station
- Welcome to the farm, where the primary crop is big towers and antennas.
[ Hits: 1603 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 9.8 ]
- W1TR HF Tower and Beams
- Pictures and story of HF Tower and beam antenna moving ans setup with pictures and description
[ Hits: 526 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- W5AJ Tower setup
- This page shows W5AJ & KD5AAU setting up a self supporting crank over tower.
[ Hits: 2179 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- W5AJ Towers
- Some of the interesting shots of the W5AJ Rohn 25G tower
[ Hits: 2147 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 10 ]
- W8JI Antenna Towers
- 318 and 200 ft insulated towers
[ Hits: 2179 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- WB6WUW's Tower Installation
- How to Install a Ham Radio Antenna Tower
[ Hits: 739 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]