- The line launcher is a handy tool which is a must-have for anyone who uses wire antennas. It provides an easy way to mount the end of a wire antenna up into a tree. It basically consists of a fishing reel mounted to a slingshot, which is a tried & true design.
W5GI Mystery Antennapop
- W5GI Mystery Antenna is a multi-band wire antenna that performs exceptionally well even though it confounds antenna modeling software.
This antenna covers 80 to 6 meters with low feed point impedance and will work with most radios, with or without an antenna tuner. It is approximately 100 feet long, can handle the legal limit, and is easy and inexpensive to build. It is similar to a G5RV but a much better performer especially on 20 meters.
The Broadband Double-Bazooka
- The Broadband Double-Bazooka Antenna — How Broad Is It? 18-1. (Adapted from Technical Correspon- dence, QST, September 1976) The increasing interest in using the coaxial dipole.
13 cm Helix Antennapop
- Here is the design of a 2.4 GHz antenna that is ideal for amateur satellite communications. This antenna is easy to assemble because the design itself tolerates inaccuracies in the construction without really affecting performance.
Use of tripods to assemble and balance big antennas
- Here is a way to ease assembly and balancing of a large antenna. The elements and boom are assembled separately in most cases. Once they are all together set up 2 tripods in the assembly area and put the boom on them.
CSVHFS Antenna Gain Measurements
- The Central States VHF Society has conducted Antenna Gain Measurements since its inception in 1967. Comparisons between commercial and homebrew antennas, between different homebrew designs, and between different commercial designs. Mostly VHF UHF and up antennas.
Dish 802.11 Wireless Networking Antenna
- This antenna modification is for the IEEE 802.11b networking protocol that operates at 2.4 GHz. It can be scaled easily to the 5 GHz frequency used by IEEE 802.11a by simply scaling the dimensions on the feed can and the excitation antenna to 2.4/5 = 48% of the dimensions shown above.
[ Hits: 8959 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6.29 ]
2.4 Ghz double quad antennaupdated
- An easy to build, compact antenna for wireless lan applications that offers a reasonable amount gain.
[ Hits: 26101 | Votes: 63 | Rating: 5.49 ]
DirectionalBiQuad - Seattle Wireless
- A biquad is a fairly powerful antenna which is relatively easy to construct, with impressive performance for their size. A link greater than 5 miles can be made with a pair of these as a stand-alone antenna and a Prism2 100mW card, provided you keep coax short, and your line-of-sight is clear.
- Commercial software for the analysis of wire antennas. runs under most Microsoft 32-bit Windows operating systems—Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
Analyze most wire antennas in free space, over perfect ground, or over real-world grounds with the conductivity and dielectric constant you specify. You describe the antenna to the program in easy-to-use spreadsheet-style input window
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.