- Popagation studies committee
- This page is about the RSGB's Propagation Studies Committee, its work, services and current projects, together with guides to where to find more about matters relating to propagation on the Internet at all levels from introductory to professional. Watch this space!
[ Hits: 914 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3.5 ]
- What is Radio Propagation - RF propagation
- Discover the key facts about what radio propagation is, the different types available and how they affect different frequencies.
[ Hits: 181 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- A & K Graph by WN6K
- Latest solar charts by WN6K, wit A & K Indexes.
[ Hits: 909 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A and K index in propagation
- The understanding of the A and K indexes will become a very important issue when one begins serious HF operation.
[ Hits: 406 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.5 ]
- Amateur Chirp Project
- Amateur projects to investigate radiowave propagation - G3PLX's chirp project, ionosonde database, and more
[ Hits: 524 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Amateur Radio Propagation RSS (XML) Live Feed
- Live space weather and propagation data, in RSS (XML) format.
[ Hits: 2493 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 2.6 ]
- Amateur Radio Propagation Studies
- Amateur radio propagation studies (science, research, engineering, operating) and the BeamFinder propagation analysis software
[ Hits: 1456 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 8 ]
- An Introduction to HF Propagation
- This article is designed to be an introduction to the terms and basic mechanics of propagation methods that are to be found on the HF and VHF bands.
[ Hits: 1057 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7 ]
- Analyzing UHF signals using FFT programs
- With spectrum analysis of beacon signals, it's possible to see features relating to various propagation phenomonen.
[ Hits: 783 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Basics of Propagation by ON4SKY
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in several long articles the bascis of propagation. His website includes also a French section dealing with auroras.
[ Hits: 1289 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Basics of Radio Wave Propagation
- Exaustive introduction to radio wave propagation, includes a very detailed glossary on common propagation terms, composed by AE4TM.
[ Hits: 4702 | Votes: 27 | Rating: 7.57 ]
- Check DX Propagation with Beacons
- W0RW article that guide you to using beacons to determine dead bands or upcoming propagation openings.
[ Hits: 1671 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4 ]
- CT1BOH Solar Page
- Collection of real time solar data by CT1BOH
[ Hits: 327 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- DX.QSL.NET Propagation
- This page contains dynamically updated propagation information.
[ Hits: 12933 | Votes: 48 | Rating: 6.22 ]
- Electromagnetic Wave Propagation by Conduction
- A sacrilegious re-examination of current wave propagation theory and proposal of a new, more comprehensive and logical alternative.
[ Hits: 299 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- G7IZU Radio Reflection Detection Page
- Meteor Shower, Aurora, Sporadic-E and Solar Flares detected using Radio Signal Reflection, by Andy Smith, G7IZU. Live waterfall displays from three receivers, live Es propagation maps.
[ Hits: 793 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- Google Earth 4-D Inonosphere
- Free real-time Earth Space 4-D global 4-D ionosphere using Google Earth, by CAPS/ES4D Gateway
[ Hits: 809 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.4 ]
- Greyline propagation
- About greyline propagation in HF bands
[ Hits: 549 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ground Wave Signal Propagation
- Article on propagation basics. The ground wave used for radio communications signal propagation on the long, and medium wave bands for local radio communications
[ Hits: 383 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Guide to Solar Activity for QRPer
- Paul Harden NA5N has produced a superb guide to solar activity and HF propagation for the QRPer
[ Hits: 1073 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7 ]
- Here Comes the Sun - Propagation and Sun
- Solar activity can aid or hamper HF propagation beyond line-of-sight range, WA1SVF and N6BV answers to questions about Sun influence on radio signals propagation
[ Hits: 567 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF - VHF Radiowave Propagation Center
- High frequecy and VHF radio propagation data, solar and geomagnetic real-time and historic data, as well as forecasts. A comprehensive propagation resource compiled by Tomas Hood, editor of the propagation columns of CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications, and Monitoring Times magazines. Solar Weather, Geomagnetic, Aurora, Ionospheric reports via eAlerts and webpage. WAP phone access. Live and educational resources, and more.
[ Hits: 1429 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- HF Propagation and the Ionosphere
- This page is about the Ionosphere, how it was discovered, what it is, and what you can do with it.
[ Hits: 261 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- HF Propagation Primer
- Flash Movie describing HF (shortwave) radio propagation to beginners. Very helpful aid in understanding.
[ Hits: 1714 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 8.67 ]
- HF Propagational Resources
- Create Online Maps, Check Forcasts and Conditions, more features being added each month, by hfradio.org
[ Hits: 7056 | Votes: 177 | Rating: 8.66 ]
- HF Radio wave propagation
- Radiowave propagation in the medium and high frequency spectrum in DOC format
[ Hits: 936 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.33 ]
- Introduction to VHF Propagation
- Understanding basic VHF and UHF propagation, eskip, Backscatter, Meteor Scatter and more
[ Hits: 2135 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 3.5 ]
- Ionosphere Web Site
- Ionospheric Data Archived at NGDC
[ Hits: 826 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Ionospheric T Index
- T index explained BY NOAA
[ Hits: 641 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3 ]
- Is HF propagation reciprocal
- Some test circuits using the ACE-HF System Simulation & Visualization software, about reciprocal propagation on HF bands by NW7US
[ Hits: 506 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- KN4LF LF/MF/HF Radio Propagation Theory Notes
- Layman level explanations of "seemingly" mysterious LF MF and HF propagation occurrences.
[ Hits: 744 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Long Path Propagation
- Long path hf radio propagation is sometimes the best path to work dx, since the shortest path is not always the best path.
[ Hits: 2582 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 5.43 ]
- N0NBH Solar Terrestrial Data
- Add Solar-Terrestrial data to your website, by adding a simple html code to your pages by Paul L Herrman
[ Hits: 2459 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 7.55 ]
- PA1SIX six meter propagation
- F2 and TE propagation on 6 meter
[ Hits: 2670 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 6.94 ]
- Propagation and the Atmosphere
- overview of radio signals and radiowave propagation and how different areas of the atmosphere affect radio communications.
[ Hits: 380 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Propagation eAlert Service
- Automatic e-mail alert of propagation information. Gives current solar flux, Ap, Kp, solar wind information, solar and geomagnetic conditions past and forecast, sunspots, aurora index, and more.
[ Hits: 839 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Propagation Forecast by AD5Q
- 11 Years of monthly propagation reports from February 1988 to January 1999 by AD5Q
[ Hits: 794 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Propagation on 137 kHz
- Propagation in the LF-Band
[ Hits: 544 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1 ]
- Proppy HF Circuit Prediction: Space Weather
- Current space weather condition gauges, with solar indices taken from the latest WWV report
[ Hits: 134 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Questions on VHF Propagation
- A collection of ad Hoc empirical comments on VHF radio waves propagation by Pete Heins N6ZE
[ Hits: 494 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Radio Propagation
- Spread Spectrum Scene. Radio Propagation notes, with downloadable files.
[ Hits: 2206 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Radio Signal Path Loss
- Article about the essentials of radio signal path loss, its causes and prediction, and its use in radio coverage and wireless survey tools
[ Hits: 180 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Radiowave Propagation Center
- High frequecy and VHF radio propagation data, solar and geomagnetic real-time and historic data, sunspot activity reports, as well as forecasts. A comprehensive propagation resource compiled by Tomas Hood, editor of the propagation columns of CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications, and Monitoring Times magazines.
[ Hits: 441 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Short Wave Propagation
- Introduction to shortwave propagation
[ Hits: 412 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5 ]
- Small Antennas for High Frequencies
- This is about Small Antenna types and their properties which can help choosing proper
antenna for high-frequency wireless communications as: two-way radio, microwave short links,
repeaters, radio beacons or wireless telemetry
[ Hits: 714 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Space weather impacts on Climate
- About impacts of solar weather changes, including effects of the solar cycle on weather on the Earth.
The most important impact the Sun has on Earth is from the brightness or irradiance of the Sun itself.
[ Hits: 117 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- Stanford Solar Center
- Providing solar on-line activity resources for the joy of solar science exploration
[ Hits: 553 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The 160-Meter Band: An Enigma Shrouded in Mystery
- Lights on why 160 meters is so unpredictable and what is being done to reveal its secrets
[ Hits: 1144 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- The DXrobot - Spots e-skip and aurora alerts
- Automatic e-skip and aurora alerts via email or SMS, it sends also latest dxspots via email.
[ Hits: 2800 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 9.4 ]
- The ionosphere at VHF
- Influence of the ionosphere on the EME signals by EAVQ
[ Hits: 610 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The PropNET Project
- PropNET is an ad-hoc 2-way (and potentially, "more-way") RF-based digital communication network whose activity is reported on the Internet. As participating stations periodically ID and exchange data, they report their activity to an Internet data-collection hub for presentation through this web site.
[ Hits: 357 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Troposcatter propagation
- Introduction to troposcatter or tropospheric scatter propagation using the troposphere
[ Hits: 371 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Tropospheric Ducting
- In the spring and during certain climatic events, radio waves can travel long distances due to an atmospheric phenomenon called Tropospheric Ducting.
[ Hits: 121 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Tropospheric Ducting Forecast
- William Hepburn's Daily Tropospheric Ducting Forecast.
[ Hits: 5926 | Votes: 28 | Rating: 7.87 ]
- Tropospheric propagation
- Article about tropospheric propagation and the way in which radio signals at VHF and above propagate over greater distances than strictly line of sight in the troposphere
[ Hits: 313 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Understanding propagation numbers
- Quick reference table on understanding A K SFI indexes and how can be translated in usable frequency opportunities
[ Hits: 2744 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 10 ]
- Understanding Solar Indices
- Solar Flux, Geomagnetic Activity indexes and interpreting their relation
[ Hits: 609 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Unpredictable Aspects of 160 meter Propagation
- Come learn why it is very difficult to predict propagation on the top band. Ionospheric Variability, Time Variations of Ionospheric Parameters, Atmospheric Gravity Waves, Ionospheric Absorption and The Role of Negative Ions.
[ Hits: 61 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Using PSK Reporter as Propagation Tool
- PSK Reporter,is a powerful tool for monitoring your FT8, JT65 or PSK signals around the world. But, even if you are not transmitting on any of these modes it can still be a great propagation tool for determining which bands are open and to where in the world signals from your area are being heard.
[ Hits: 142 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- VHF APRS Propagation Map
- VHF – Based on realtime APRS reports. This map shows real-time radio propagation from stations operated near 144 MHz. It uses data gathered by Automatic Packet Reporting System-Internet Service (APRS-IS) from packet stations in the amateur radio service.
The map shows activity from the past hour. Paths are smoothed to create a color-coded footprint indicating the distance VHF signals are likely to be traveling.
[ Hits: 242 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- VOACAP Quick Guide
- A Quick Guide to using VOACAP - Point-to-Point High-Frequency Ionospheric Communications Analysis and Prediction Program
[ Hits: 663 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 4.71 ]
- Watching Propagation with FT8 Spots
- Monitoring propagarion during the day using FT8 reception reprts to determine openings and quality of propagation
[ Hits: 147 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Waveguide basics tutorial
- Summary, tutorial about the basics of what is a waveguide and the basic waveguide theory.
[ Hits: 516 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- What the numbers mean in propagation
- What the Numbers Mean, and Propagation Predictions--a brief introduction to propagation and the major factors affecting it.
[ Hits: 479 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- What to Expect at Solar Minimum
- Article on operating aids and band usage during solar minimun periods. Author tries to explain what can we expect on the HF bands during a solar minimum period and which approach to be used to understand band openings.
[ Hits: 185 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Why AM Listening is Better at Night
- A nice article expleraing why during the sunset it's possible to listen to long distance radio broadcasting stations.
[ Hits: 439 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- WM7D Solar Resources
- Solar Flux reports, Current Alerts and Warnings from NOAA, 27 day forcast from NOAA, charts reflecting the past 7 years Solar cycle summary charts from NOAA
[ Hits: 5551 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 8.7 ]