- About AMTOR
- AmTOR may be considered as the next development from RTTY. AmTOR was introduced to overcome the problems with RTTY. As a result of its performance, it has become popular on the HF bands because it gives more reliable communication, especially when interference is present. It achieves this by using a coding system that allows errors to be detected and corrected.
[ Hits: 335 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- AMTOR demonstration
- Youtube video by PR7VX using AMTOR to test performance
[ Hits: 500 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Amtor Digital Mode
- About AMTOR Amateur Teleprinting Over Radio
[ Hits: 278 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Amtor mode
- Information on Amtor mode with protocol details
[ Hits: 298 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Amtor the forgotten digital mode
- N4ZOU Article on AMTOR mode on eham.net
[ Hits: 336 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Operating AMTOR
- Putting one of those old modems back into use.AMTOR is an acronym for AMateur Teleprinting Over Radio and was mostly used on HF. The mode is based on the marine SITOR code that was introduced to amateur radio by Peter, G3PLX. The mode is an enhancement of RTTY with active error correction that copes reasonably well with interference and fading.
[ Hits: 66 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Operating Modes : AMTOR
About The DXZone.com
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.