- Ham Radio And the Art of Bushcraft
- This article explores the marriage of amateur radio and bushcraft, advocating the pleasure of setting up a portable station in nature rather than operating from the confines of a vehicle. The Parks on the Air (POTA) programme is highlighted as a catalyst for outdoor radio activities. The author shares his experiences and techniques, from transporting equipment into the wilderness to setting up shelters and antennas. Knot tying skills and the use of frogs are emphasized for efficiency, and a unique method for launching wire antennas is described. The article emphasizes the synergy between amateur radio and bushcraft skills, enhancing the enjoyment of radio operations in wilderness environments.
[ Hits: 48 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- 5 Amp power supply for portable usage
- A 13,8v/5Amp 78H05 based power supply for portable use. In this example used to power up a Yaesu FT-817
[ Hits: 7607 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.33 ]
- A Portable Station for 30 Metres
- A small rig that you can take hiking and on business trips.
[ Hits: 367 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- AA5TB - QRP Outdoor Setup
- AA5TB portable station for 30 meter QRP operations
[ Hits: 349 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Amateur Radio callsign suffixes
- Usage of proper suffixes in amateur radio callsigns including /p /mm /am by mm0hai
[ Hits: 810 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4 ]
- Batteries For Portable Ham Radio Use
- An interesting article on choosing the right battery when operating in portable mode, considering charging time and modes, weight and size.
[ Hits: 773 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Building a Go-Kit
- A portable amateur radio station which the radio amateur can take when asked to go to an event which needs support with radio communication.
[ Hits: 1371 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Building a portable 12 Volt DC power source
- Project with pictures and descriptions for building a portable 12 Volt DC power source by N1KXR.
[ Hits: 693 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- DXpedition Antennas for salt water locations
- Which is better a 20m antenna for an island DXpedition: Yagi at 25', or a vertical or two on the beach?
[ Hits: 485 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Equipment for portable HF operations
- An excellent and comprehensive article on portable HF operations with attention on selecting proper equipment
[ Hits: 454 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Field Day Operations in Australia
- A page with lots of pictures of John Moyle Field Day 2012 operating from 80 meters to 70 centimeters
[ Hits: 98 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Fun and Games with the Spiderbeam 18 Meter Pole
- A portable operation experience with a SpiderBeam pole during a contest, testing wire antennas, like dipole and delta loops configurations on 20 40 and 80 meters band.
[ Hits: 310 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Ham(Radio)ing it Up with Solar Power
- Interesting post with a practical video of using solar panel with a yaesu ft-857.
[ Hits: 1457 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF Portable Ops Solar Powered
- An interesting article about amateur radio portable operations with excellent pictures. Setup includes a 60 watts of portable solar power being controlled by a charge controller, and a batteries powering an FT-897D.
[ Hits: 431 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Log Sheet for Portable Operations
- A free to download and print, paper log sheet useful for portable amateur radio operations, in a PDF file.
[ Hits: 1501 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.2 ]
- Magnetic loop for 20 to 6 metres
- Magnetic loop for 20 to 6 metres pedestrian mobile by VK3YE
[ Hits: 1132 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.4 ]
- Magnetic Loop for 40 to 10 meters
- A magnetic loops for HF pedestrian mobile project by VK3YE
[ Hits: 1015 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- Manpack Communications
- A complete bi-directional APRS messaging station, made up of a Byonics TT4 with the companion display, Byonics GPS5 receiver, compact keyboard, Baofeng UV-3R+ with a telescopic whip antenna by VE6AB
[ Hits: 612 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Marine Mobile with Three Antennas
- Operating marine mobile with antennas for 15-17-20 meters band.
[ Hits: 171 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Mast for portable use
- Telescopic antenna mast for portable usage by PE1OPM
[ Hits: 2551 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- OE5REO - Austrian Amateur Radio Station
- Homepage of OE5REO, APRS, SOTA, Summits on the air, Online Log, Geocaching, Free Radio and portable operations
[ Hits: 374 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Operating Portable
- A short introduction to amateur radio portable operations bu VKFAQ.
[ Hits: 401 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- PD Powerbank for SOTA Radios
- This post describes how the newish Power Delivery (PD) mode mobile powerbanks can be used to power a SOTA transceiver as well as keeping your other hiking devices charged.
[ Hits: 142 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Pedestrian Mobile BackPack
- Description of an optimal backpack used for pedetrian mobile operation both on HF and VHF bands.
[ Hits: 134 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Pedestrian Portable HF DXing
- Operating pedestrian mobile by G3XBM
[ Hits: 410 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Pedestrian Portable HF DXing
- An interesting article on pedestrian portable HF DXing
[ Hits: 481 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Portable Amateur Radio Operations
- The main issues with portable HF operations have become not issues of the transmitting and receiving equipment itself but of providing power and antennas
[ Hits: 488 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Portable antennas
- N5KGL interesting article on portable antennas. Greg report his experience on using several types of portable antennas.
[ Hits: 594 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable HAM radio station
- Guide to setting up a portable ham radio station, selecting the right components and buying the correct ones, finally setting up and assembling the whole elements.
[ Hits: 110 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable HF Operation
- Introduction to Portable HF Operations and pedestrian mobile operations
[ Hits: 514 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable Operating Tips for Ham Radios
- This article is from the book Ham Radio For Dummies and features some tips for portable amateur radio operations, on Field Day or generic outdoor operation, like selecting the proper antenna and portable power.
[ Hits: 76 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Portable operation notes
- Basics, tips and tricks you can follow when operating portable.
[ Hits: 222 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable QRP HF Antennas
- Notes on the end-fed half-wave antenna, single-band stub-fed EFHW and a multiband EFHW antenna
[ Hits: 6414 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Portable Solar Powered HF Station
- KG9E Portable Solar Powered HF Station Shopping List
[ Hits: 271 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- QRP Portable Station Winter Configuration
- An article describing equipment needed to make portable operations evenin winter cold times.
The article is completed by a nice video describing not only the radio setup but even the tent and power supply equipment
[ Hits: 413 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Radio N9SKN /P QRP Field Operations
- Personal web site by N9SKN about portable QRP operations with pictures of several portable setups and antenna solutions.
[ Hits: 145 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Reducing the Cable Mess
- Optimizing the cable connections for cat control and audio input output by implementing the digirig mobile. A small audio and rig control interface, with a single USB cable supports most QRP radios requiring external audio and CAT control facilities
[ Hits: 154 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- SOTA Antennas
- An interesting article by K0JQZ about SOTA Antennas. Experience on end fed half wave antennas, and other wire portable antennas.
[ Hits: 927 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- SOTA FT-857 Manpack
- How to make a manpacke radio from ordinary FT-857.
[ Hits: 1836 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Super Walk-a-thon Portable Radio
- How to make your HT last for days and get out like crazy
[ Hits: 402 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The DXFC Web Site
- The site for dxers who like to travel
The F in DXFC stands for Feet: countries in which you have stepped foot. This is for licensed radio amateurs who like travelling.
[ Hits: 460 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The KX3 GoBox
- An interesting Elecraft KX3 go box, for a total of 1,6 Kg 3,5 lbs with list of needed parts to build your own box by OE2ATN
[ Hits: 2025 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Radio in a Box
- A Portable 100 watt radio station setup composed by a 706MKII transceiver, Z-100 antenna tuner and power supply by N1GY
[ Hits: 804 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Top 10 Reasons to Take Ham Radio Portable
- Learn which are the top ten reason why you should operate in portable mode
[ Hits: 502 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4 ]
- Top 10 Reasons to Take Ham Radio Portable
- Amateur radio portable operation has a lot to offer, even if you are a shack sloth and have an awesome setup.
[ Hits: 164 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- W1PID QRP Operations
- W1PID outdoor amateur radio operation web site with pictures and descriptions of his portable operations
[ Hits: 465 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]