5 8 wave antenna51 links
Antennas : 2M
- Squarooka Antenna - squared bazooka for 2 meters band
- Sort of similar to the one of the 6m omni. Instead of using twin-lead, this design makes use of a more or less regular double bazooka antenna (coaxial dipole). Your attention shall be drawn to the available standart literature, such as Rothammel.
In order to "compute" the dimension, Karl Rothammel mentioned that the total length of the dipole shall be 95% of the free-space wavelength. The short-circuit bridges (closing the folded dipole) are to be placed at a distance-fraction being equal to the velocity factor of the coax cable used, which will be 66% using RG-58 or RG174.
[ Hits: 244 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Make your own 2 metre 5/8 whip antenna
- This article is about a home made project of a whip antenna for 2 meters band. Includes lenght of whip for all frequencies from 140 MHz to 151 MHz both in mm and inches
[ Hits: 201 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- J-Pole Antenna for 50 MHz
- This J-Pole is mounted on a fishing rod. The radiator L1 is an isolated copper-wire with a length of 281,5 cm while the quarter-wave matching sector L2 is made with 450-Ohm-Wireman-cable
[ Hits: 79 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Short Dipole
- There are several ways to reduce the length of a dipole and still use it as an effective antenna. Remember it is the electrical length that determines resonance. The physical length can be considerably less than a half wave length on your desired frequency as determined by 468/f MHz.
[ Hits: 154 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- QRP Multi-band EFHW antenna for SOTA
- Link End Fed Half Wave Antenna and Tuner for SOTA designed to work on 15m, 20m, and 40m.
[ Hits: 1202 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5 ]
- Yet Another EFHW Matcher
- An end-fed-half-wave antenna matcher project based on a FT-82-43 core with a 100 pF and 45 pF capacitor in parallel
[ Hits: 523 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Half Wave Fan Dipole Antenna
- Amateur Radio 40m 20m 15m Half Wave Fan dipole antenna project with part list, pictures and drawing. Includes the option to expand the antenna to cover the 80 meters band
[ Hits: 318 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Portable wire antennas
- This document describe serveral wire antennas, from the folded dipole, to the common halfwave monoband antenna for those who want to make HF portable operations in holiday.
[ Hits: 557 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1 ]
- The .64 Wavelength Secret
- A .64 wave antenna is the highest gain single element design available anywhere with at least a 0.8 dB/d of gain towards the horizon, than any 5/8 wave element.
[ Hits: 617 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6 ]
- Homebrew 5/8 Wave HF Vertical Antennas
- The advantage of 5/8 wave antenna is that it has the lowest angle of radiation and has about 1dB more gain when compared to 1/4 and 1/2 verticals. So the 5/8 should be the favourite choice for DX.
[ Hits: 373 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8 ]
- Antenna Calculation Software
- The program consists of tabbed pages for various antenna and transmission line calculation. You can compute the values for an inverted L network that will allow you to match the 50 ohm output of the radio, or you can compute the necessary length in the units of choice for a 5/8 wave vertical for 10 meter band.
[ Hits: 210 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
You can try similar terms5/8 wave antenna 5/8 wave dipole antenna medium wave antenna full wave loop antenna half wave vertical antenna short wave listening antenna short wave radio antenna 5/8 wave 1/2 wave dipole full wave ground wave ham short wave medium wave quarter wave wave tools
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links