- M1IOS - Wonder Whip antenna and tuner
- M1IOS Wonder Whip antenna - The M1IOS Wonder Whip A 10 dollars QRP Portable Multiband Antenna for HF, VHF and UHF A variation on the Miracle Whip and Wander Wand. This antenna tuning unit will get your SWR really low on telescopic whips, mobile 3/8th antenna and long wires. A remarkable little tuner that really works!
[ Hits: 14486 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 9.04 ]
- QRP and portable antennas articles
- This is a collection of articles, generally from QRP-L, about QRP operations and portable antennas. However, anything that looks interesting to me might end up here. These articles are posted here primarily for my own use; however, all are free to browse.
[ Hits: 4183 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8 ]
- Travel loop antennas
- PA11019 Travel loop antennas, these antennas cover 6.300 to 29.200 mHz , handle 35 Watts and have a packing size of 43 cm, ideal for fieldwork, or mobile operations.
[ Hits: 3562 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- 100 grams VHF yagi
- A portable VHF home-made Yagi-Uda antenna, that is extremely easy to build and very cheap. Moreover this antenna, while dismounted is just 1 meter long, and the total weight is just 100 grams.
[ Hits: 2503 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 6 ]
- 144 MHz 2m dipole for SOTA
- Simple 144 MHz 2 metre dipole for mounting on a telescopic fishing pole
[ Hits: 236 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- 144-430 portable j-pole antenna
- A portable dual band j-pole antenna
[ Hits: 45476 | Votes: 33 | Rating: 5.49 ]
- 2 element wire Yagi
- Hammock 2 element wire Yagi antenna for 3 bands 20-15-10 based on VE7CA project
[ Hits: 6552 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.5 ]
- 2 Meter Backpack Quad Antenna
- This 2 meter 3 element cubical quad antenna is small, light weight and portable. A backpack antenna that is easy to put together in just minutes and parts store inside the boom making it ready for travel or storage.
[ Hits: 2961 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.61 ]
- 2 meter dipole antenna
- Pictures comments and detail on a 2 elements antenna for 2 meters band
[ Hits: 21489 | Votes: 22 | Rating: 5.17 ]
- 2 Meter Portable Yagi Antenna
- 144MHz 2m Portable Yagi VHF Beam Antenna. This page contains construction details on a 2 metre 144MHz VHF Yagi beam antenna, designed for portable use.
[ Hits: 132 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- 2 Meters Bicycle Antenna
- 2 Meter Antenna for Bicycle Mobile Operation
[ Hits: 41312 | Votes: 33 | Rating: 3.76 ]
- 20m 40m trapped squid pole antenna
- An homemade portable vertical antenna with a trap near the mid point of the main element. The trap is made with 42mm diameter PVC pipe with 9 turns of wire on it
[ Hits: 3010 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.2 ]
- 2m Lightweight Portable Dipole
- Lightweight portable QRP 2m & 70cm half wave dipole for SOTA or an emergency antenna for the 2m and 70cm Go-box.
[ Hits: 164 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- 2m Pocket Beam
- The 2m portable pocket beam is a small 2 element yagi antenna
[ Hits: 10208 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 5.93 ]
- 2m Yagi for SOTA
- Ultra-lightweight 2m Yagi for SOTA
[ Hits: 813 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2 ]
- 3 element portable Yagi for 2 meters
- The I DX is a homemade 3 element portable Yagi-UDA ante a for 144 MHz
[ Hits: 6524 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 5.6 ]
- 3 elements Yagi For 50 MHz
- A portable three element 6M yagi for less than twenty pounds
[ Hits: 895 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 4.15 ]
- 40m/80m Portable antenna
- Portable wire antenna for 40 and 80 meter made with a RF Chocke. Can be adapted to work on 160 meters by adding additional 6.9 meters wire at its end.
[ Hits: 61429 | Votes: 28 | Rating: 5.85 ]
- 430 MHz portable yagi
- UHF 3 element portable antenna with gamma match by ON6MU
[ Hits: 6206 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 4.65 ]
- 5 bands HF portable antenna
- A vertical portable antenna system by W0SJS that will work on 40, 30, 20, 17 and 15 meters
[ Hits: 1857 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- 70cm Quadruple Quad
- A suitable high gain 70cms antenna for SOTA operation by Richard Price GW0VMW
[ Hits: 11616 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.47 ]
- A Compact and Stealthy Field Portable Antenna
- In the quest for an ideal field portable antenna, the author recounts experiments involving various wire configurations. While a previous candidate, a 41ft random wire, proved effective but lacked stealth, the search led to a surprising rediscovery of a design previously rejected—the Rybakov Antenna. With a focus on simplicity, rapid deployment, and multiband capability, the author explores the versatility of a 26ft Rybakov, avoiding the halfwave trap. The article delves into the antenna's performance and its potential as a discreet, resonant solution for field operations, addressing the challenges encountered during a POTA activation. Additionally, the Unun/Balun design used in conjunction with the Rybakov Antenna is discussed, providing insights into achieving a balanced system.
[ Hits: 89 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- A lightweight dipole for 2 m
- A simple portable antenna for SOTA VHF is described in this article dedicated to portable operations
[ Hits: 494 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Lightweight Link Dipole
- Homebrewing a Lightweight linked dipole HF antenna for portable SOTA operations
[ Hits: 439 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A lightweight Yagi for 2 m
- A portable VHF yagi antenna designed for SOTA operations based on the orignal DK7ZB concept.
[ Hits: 735 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.17 ]
- A portable 10/20/40 mt vertical antenna
- A portable vertical antenna for 10 to 40 meters, designed for mobile operations can be used in a car as seen in pictures. A modified version for 20 and 40 meters is described too.
[ Hits: 81277 | Votes: 55 | Rating: 5.01 ]
- A Portable Antenna for Satellites
- A portable antenna for mode B and J satellites
[ Hits: 11377 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 3.67 ]
- A Portable Multi-Band Magnetic Loop Antenna
- Described here is a simple multi-band magnetic loop antenna designed for 20, 30 and 40 metres, but by changing the overall length of the wire coverage of other bands is feasible
[ Hits: 34615 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 6.27 ]
- A Q&D Multiband Antenna
- A brick, some PVC tubing and a few other common
hardware store items can be transformed into an effective Quick and Dirty RF-launcher for less than $25! By Michael Atlas, N7FC
[ Hits: 1827 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A tri-band 2 element portable Yagi
- HF Wire Yagi antenna with notes and eznec file on original article of a Portable 3-Band Yagi antenna for 10-15-20 meter band made with wire elements. Include link the original to QST article.
[ Hits: 15034 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7 ]
- A two dollar helical hf portable antenna
- Here is an easily transportable vertical antenna for 20 meters collapsible to 4 feet that costs about $2.00 to make.
This was created as a fun project to demonstrate how to enjoy operating HF in the field with a home-made portable antenna without spending a ton of money.
Bev AH6NF (YL) made this antenna, tuned and ready to operate in less than one hour
[ Hits: 22383 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 7.65 ]
- An automatically tuned 7 to 30 MHz mobile antenna
- For every radio amateur who loves to travel by car, a mobile installation soon becomes a necessity.
While in inhabited areas there is usually some coverage of VHF repeaters, in many other places VHF radios are useless. In these very places, HF can provide reliable contacts, and a lot of fun, from anywhere.
[ Hits: 254 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- An End Fed Half Wave Antenna
- This end fed type of antenna was marketted in the UK and is a useful system for the portable set-up. Being a half wave, no radials or counterpose wires are needed.
[ Hits: 4740 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna for portable use
- The following are the opinions expressed by various amateurs
[ Hits: 2579 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antennas for 100 Pound DXpeditions
- NE1RD interesting publication published online about homebrewing antennas for dx peditions or portable use
[ Hits: 2448 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Antennas for portable operations
- Article describing various type of portable antennas, from verticals, to dipoles, vertical dipoles, random wire with tuners, and end-fed antennas
[ Hits: 500 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antennas of Field Day
- Main High Frequency Antennas from the 2009 LARC FARL Field Day, Ford Amateur Radio League. A document comparing antenna performances and flexibility among a G5RV an Carolina Windom and a Cushcraft R7 vertical antenna.
[ Hits: 387 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Asymmetrical Hatted Vertical Dipole
- Theory and origins of W4RNL Asymmetrical Hatted Vertical Dipole AHVD for portable operations.
[ Hits: 741 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Balcony and pedestrian mobile motor tuned loop
- This antenna was designed to meet the requirements of a light body worn small magnetic loop covering all the frequencies continuously from 7 MHz to 29.4 MHz
[ Hits: 2877 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Balcony antennas
- What is the best balcony antenna? what antenna would you recommend for use on typical hotel balcony?
Read some answers here
[ Hits: 9794 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1.5 ]
- Balcony Mounted Buddistick Antenna by KP4MD
- The antenna handles 250 watts and covers 40 through 10 meters, with an optional add on coil for 80 and 60 meters. The author in this pages includes an interesting video in which describes the antenna setup, and the importance of the shunting coil on lower bands like 40 and 80 meters. SWR curves diagrams are also included and demonstrate the influence on resonating frequency of the shunting coil.
[ Hits: 278 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Bicycle-Mobile antenna
- WA5FRF VHF mobile antenna for bicycle installation
[ Hits: 6016 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Build the PAC-12 Antenna
- A multi-band portable vertical antenna can be built with relatively ordinary components obtained from the local hardware store, including replaceable loading coils
[ Hits: 975 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Build this Vertical Portable HF Antenna
- An experimental prototype of an asymmetrical hatted vertical dipole antenna that can work on HF bands 20 to 10 meters band. The AHVD Vertical dipole is an upside-down T design
[ Hits: 368 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.67 ]
- Coaxial half-wave antenna
- A handy solution to have a half wave antenna for fieldwork on a 12m fishing rod.
[ Hits: 680 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- DCTL Portable Antenna
- A Low -Power, Distributed Capacitance Twisted Loop , indoor portable HF antenna by Monty Northrup, N5ESE
[ Hits: 2157 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- DK7ZB Yagi revisited
- A 4 yagi beam VHF antenna made with PVC easy to carry in a backpack for portable operations
[ Hits: 1758 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- FBK 2/70 portable coax antenna
- A small antenna for 2m and 70cm
[ Hits: 4306 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 5 ]
- Field Day Antennas
- HF VHF UHF antenna ideas to be used for field days. All antennas are quick to set up and take down and offer proven performance and flexibility. Presentation offered by Mahoning Country ARES
[ Hits: 468 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Foldable Yagi Antenna
- A home made RDF 3 elements Yagi that can be used for fox hunting. The particularity of this antenna is that it can be folded, in order to save space while travelling. In Dutch.
[ Hits: 231 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- G3EJS portable antenna for the IC-703
- A portable antenna for 40 20 15 10 and 6 meters operations to be used and tuned with the Icom IC-703
[ Hits: 3322 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 7.11 ]
- Handi-tenna 440 Beam Antenna
- A 4 elements handitenna for 70 cm band.
This is my version of the K5OE Handitenna. This one is a four Element instead of three, as I had less of a crunch on space than he did. The 1st three elements (Reflector, Driven Element, and Director 1) are the same dimensions as his were.
[ Hits: 1441 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6 ]
- Handi-Tenna portable satellite antenna
- Here is a high-performance hand-held beam antenna that is easy to build and guaranteed to improve your downlink from the LEO satellites over ANY rubber duck or mobile whip
[ Hits: 13252 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.37 ]
- HB9MTN C-Pole Porable antenna
- A vertical monoband that's small, light and portable, needs no counterpoise and performs as well as a home antenna
[ Hits: 4134 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 8.43 ]
- Helical HF Portable Antenna
- An easily transportable vertical antenna for 20 meters collapsible to 4 feet
[ Hits: 1765 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF Field Day Antenna Ideas
- Have you ever thought of setting up a portable HF station for an activity like the Field Day ?
[ Hits: 232 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF portable antenna - 40 to 6 meters
- Homemade 40 through 6 meter HF portable multiband antenna, an aluminium antenna construction article, with plan, drawings and photos
[ Hits: 58757 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 5.57 ]
- HF portable magnetic loop
- Here is a well documented plan of a 20m-10m compact magnetic loop antenna. Article includes lots of pictures and technical details published by KP4MD
[ Hits: 1053 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- HF Vertical antenna on a magnetic mount
- A portable hf vertical antenna setup on a magnetic mount by I1UWF
[ Hits: 3071 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- HFPack: pedestrian antennas
- A pedestrian antenna is considered to be a lightweight antenna that can easily be carried to the shootout by one person in a backpack or bag.
[ Hits: 4964 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.75 ]
- Home Made Buddipole
- A homemade Buddipole portable HF antenna project
[ Hits: 1048 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Homebrew 20/40m Travel Antenna
- This is a low cost homebrew two band travel antenna for 20 and 40 meters. It is based on the B&W Travel Antenna concept with a telescoping whip and a loading coil
[ Hits: 17448 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 5.86 ]
- Homebrew Buddistick 2007
- W3FF article about the buddistick portable vertical antenna in a PDF file
[ Hits: 5573 | Votes: 22 | Rating: 7.24 ]
- Homebrew Pac-15 Vertical
- This page shows a homebrew vertical antenna based on the Pac-12 antenna design.
[ Hits: 2680 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Homemade Arrow Antenna
- EA4CYQ portable VHF UHF Yagi antenna designed for satellite operations.
[ Hits: 4368 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- IC706/FT817 portable whip antenna
- Suitable antenna for owners of an IC706 or FT817, 857 and other HF portable transceivers.
You can an be QRV in a few minutes on all ham-bands from 80m to 6m and even on 2m by PA0FBK
[ Hits: 7600 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 2.6 ]
- Inverted L Portable Antenna
- An 87ft inverted L portable antenna working on 80 40 30 20 15 meters band
[ Hits: 2399 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Levy F9HJ Antenna
- A small multiband antenna for vacation in french
[ Hits: 5733 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 7.38 ]
- M0RUN portable 2 m antenna
- Cheap and light portable 2m Yagi
[ Hits: 710 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- M3FVB VHF 8db collinear
- Build a 2m 8db collinear for portable use
[ Hits: 24041 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 5.08 ]
- Mast for portable use
- Telescopic antenna mast for portable usage by PE1OPM
[ Hits: 2551 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Mobile 10/80 dipole antenna setup
- A mobile setup using a dipole antenna for 10 to 80 meters band in italian
[ Hits: 8038 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Mobile Portable Whip Antenna
- A simple base loaded quarter wave vertical, which can be used on a car or portable by G3YCC
[ Hits: 2904 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Modified Buddipole for 40 to 10 Meters
- This is modified version of buddipole antenna, using vertical wires instead of telescopic ends by ks7j
[ Hits: 6250 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6.57 ]
- No Ground Antenna
- A no ground antenna solution for backpackers, balconies or plastic car bodies, like RV or other portables uses where is difficult to find a good counterpoise by PD7MAA
[ Hits: 784 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Notes on Portable HF Antennas
- Notes on an optimum Portable HF Antenna, a comparison of MFJ927 and SGC239 autotuners, and a 31 ft. vs 43 ft. vertical by VE1ZAC
[ Hits: 450 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Overview on some SOTA portable antennas
- A review of some portable antennas for SOTA operations, including linked dipoles, end-fed, verticals
[ Hits: 680 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- PAC-12 Antenna modification
- A Multiband Slinky Coil for the PAC-12 portable Antenna, can be used also as a dual PAC-12 dipole by James Bennett
[ Hits: 257 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- PAC-12 Vertical portable antenna
- Build the PAC-12 Antenna a multi-band portable vertical designed by KA5DVS, here's an award-winning, easy-to-homebrew, multi-band portable vertical antenna designed by long-time antenna aficionado James Bennett, KA5DVS. He's documented the design and construction plans for a portable antenna
[ Hits: 11642 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.87 ]
- Pedestrian mobile HF antenna
- This antenna allow transmission and reception on all bands between 7Mhz and 28 Mhz. Similar in concept to the Miracle Whip by VK3YE
[ Hits: 2698 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Pocket Loop Antenna
- The Pocket Loop is a small magnetic loop antenna designed for a carry anywhere operation, it disassembles in 33 centimeters pieces that can be carried even on an attach handbag.
[ Hits: 1856 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable 10 meter antenna
- Ideal for QRP operations on 10 meters band in french
[ Hits: 3356 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Portable 2 element yagi for 10-15-20
- A Portable 2 element Triband Yagi antenna that can work on 10 15 20 meter band by VE7CA
[ Hits: 6885 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.75 ]
- Portable 2 meter Yagi
- Building a 2 metre 144MHz VHF Yagi beam antenna, designed for portable use.
[ Hits: 1429 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.13 ]
- Portable 4 element Quad
- 144 Mhz portable 4 elements quand antenna by N1LO
[ Hits: 2605 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4 ]
- Portable 70cm Quadruple Quad Beam
- A suitable high gain 70cms antenna for SOTA operation was sought that did not have the drawbacks of a long Yagi antenna, principally a narrow beamwidth and bandwidth.
[ Hits: 3539 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8 ]
- Portable antenna comparison
- Common antennas for portable use compared. A vertical antenna, a dipole antenna an inverted V and a fan dipole all at same height.
[ Hits: 767 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable End Fed Zepp
- The no counterpoise antenna
[ Hits: 2492 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable Field Antenna Kit
- A simple kit for temporary, lightweight, wire tactical antenna systems is essential for any field Ops.
Described in this article a kit as it fits in a standard US Military M-1956 Butt Pack
[ Hits: 542 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Portable HF Antenna for the field day
- This article describes a project of asymmetrical hatted vertical dipole, a portable antenna that can be used for field day operations, sota, campings or even for fixed installations. This is a freestanding 20-10m antenna that is really easy to build, easy to tune and relatively easy to carry.
[ Hits: 1637 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- Portable HF Antenna Options
- Article on portable HF antenna where author diverge about antenna efficiency versus size based on his personal experience on using HF antennas during portable operations
[ Hits: 173 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4 ]
- Portable HF antennas
- Excel sheet containing technical comparisons of commercial HF portable antennas compiled by ON4SKY. Includes pictures, manufacturer, db gain, band coverage, F/B ratio, price, weight and dimensions.
[ Hits: 2963 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Portable lightweight link dipole
- A multi band portable link dipole antenna for 20 30 and 40 meters band
[ Hits: 845 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable link dipole
- A lightweight inverted vee antenna that can be supported by a 10 metre long fiberglass squid pole. The antenna is designed to cover 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 m bands.
[ Hits: 1674 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6 ]
- Portable Loop Antenna
- This loop it is small and light enough to carry while operating, it disassembles into small but rugged pieces that fit easily in a backpack or gym bag, and it can be tuned from 14 MHz to 30 MHz.
This tunable magnetic loop antenna is my contribution to the well established art of amateur loop making. Can be tuned from 14 MHz to 30 MHz.
[ Hits: 51389 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 6.04 ]
- Portable loop antennas photos
- HF pedestrian operation using loop antennas by PY1AHD
[ Hits: 2913 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Portable Magnetic Loop Antenna Version 2
- A simple multi-band magnetic loop antenna designed for 20, 30 and 40 metres. For its size, the performance of the antenna always astounds me, although it is never going to replace a Yagi
[ Hits: 5329 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Portable or Emergency VHF Antennas
- Ground Plane - 1/4 wave vertical, J-Pole, 3 Element Yagi Beam and simple antenna supports
[ Hits: 1000 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Portable QRP HF Antennas
- Notes on the end-fed half-wave antenna, single-band stub-fed EFHW and a multiband EFHW antenna
[ Hits: 6414 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Portable Rabbit-Ears Dipole Antenna
- This handy and cheap portable dipole can be folded and backpacked, carried in use, and adjusted to a very wide range of frequencies by KV5R
[ Hits: 1235 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]