SWR Standing Wave RatioStanding wave ratio in radio engineering and telecommunications, measuring and practical implications
- Measure a Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR) to Quantify Transmission Line Imperfections
- SWR is the ratio between transmitted and reflected waves. A high SWR indicates poor transmission-line efficiency and reflected energy. Since SWR commonly refers to the voltage ratio, it is usually known as voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR).
[ Hits: 44 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The Effects of VSWR on Transmitted Power
- What is VSWR and why you should care, formal definition of VSWR and SeaSonde Measurements, formulas
[ Hits: 97 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- What is SWR - standing-wave ratio
- Article about Standing-wave ratio (SWR) defined as a mathematical expression of the non-uniformity of an electromagnetic field on a transmission line. SWR is the ratio of the maximum radio-frequency (RF) voltage to the minimum RF voltage along the line.
[ Hits: 42 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Alternative Power Amplifiers Antenna Launcher Antenna Rotator Antenna Switch APRS Arduino Attenuators ATV Audio Batteries Beacon keyers Calculators CB Radios Coax Cables and Connectors Components Digital ATV projects DTMF Dummy Loads Duplexers Electronics Filters Frequency Counter Grounding Ham Radio Go Kits Headsets and Speakers HF Radios Homebrew Key Clicks Keyers Lightning Protection Mic wiring Microphones Mircrowave Morse Code Decoder Morse Code Oscillator Morse Keys Pan Adapter Power Meter Power Supply Preamplifiers Programming Radio QRM Eliminator QRP Projects Radio Direction Finding Radio Frequency Interference Radio Mods Radio Programming Cable Raspberry Pi Receiver Front-End Protector Receivers Repeater RF Design RF Safety RF Signal Generators Scanners Software Defined Radio Soldering and Desoldering Sound Card Radio Interfacing Spectrum Analyzers Standing Wave Ratio * SWR Meters Test Equipment Transverters TVI Filters Vacuum tube Vector Network Analyzer VHF Radios WiFi
Search The DXZone.com
Technical Reference : SWR Standing Wave Ratio
The SWR on a transmission line is mathematically related to (but not the same as) the ratio of reflected power to forward power
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.