- 6m High Pass TVI filter
- Are you suffering from TVI? Then why not try this filter for size. It is a three-stage high-pass filter that blocks low-frequency 50MHz signals while letting through UHF TV.
[ Hits: 1385 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- A Ham's Guide to RFI, Ferrites, Baluns, and Audio Interfacing
- Understanding and solving RF interference problems using ferrite
[ Hits: 1090 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Amateur Radio RF Safety Calculator
- University of Texas Amateur Radio Club RF-Calculator. This is a main beam power density estimation program intended for use as part of a routine evaluation of RF safety compliance with FCC regulations
[ Hits: 5779 | Votes: 27 | Rating: 7.89 ]
- ARRLWeb: Computer EMI
- How track and solve electrical interference from you computer
[ Hits: 1075 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Automotive Interference Problems
- Installing mobile radios in your new megabucks car can be a frightening proposition - especially if RF from your rig could damage your shiny new roadster
[ Hits: 686 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Build an All Band HF Air Core Choke Balun
- The main function of the Ugly Balun is to help eliminate rf currents from flowing on the outside of coaxial cable using the principle of choke action.
[ Hits: 156 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Choking on RF
- The intrepid newcomer encounters common mode problems in a mobile environment. Implementing some common mode chokes will be possible to reduce interferences
[ Hits: 1010 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Common mode chokes
- Excellent article on limiting noise using chockes by Chuck Counselman, W1HIS
[ Hits: 4395 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 5.18 ]
- Detuning Towers
- The goal of detuning is not to avoid resonance, but rather to minimize re-radiation and/or current in the interfering structure.
[ Hits: 705 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Electromagnetics, EMI, EMC, EME, RFI
- RADIOING eEngineer RFI EMI information
[ Hits: 1553 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.33 ]
- Eliminate problems caused by RFI
- An article by microHam about guidelined to eliminate problems caused by RFI
[ Hits: 271 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Eliminate QRM from 6 meters band
- The circuit described below will substantially reduce or completely eliminate interference from almost any local source whilst leaving the wanted signal relatively unaffected, even though it may be on the same frequencey by TREVOR, G3ZYY
[ Hits: 1286 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Eliminate RFI from your Speaker
- Eliminating RFI/EMI Interference from your Audio System
[ Hits: 352 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- EMI Calculator
- Does your Amateur Radio system comply to the EMI rules ? (German values implemented)
[ Hits: 1315 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.63 ]
- EMI from Lamps
- Radio Frequency Interference To/From touch lamps and dimmers
[ Hits: 801 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- EMI from RF-Driven Lamps
- Information about RF driven lamps
[ Hits: 565 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Feeder Radiation
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
[ Hits: 1684 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8 ]
- Ferrite on Reducing RFI
- Using ferrite to reduce radio frequency interference with your PC monitor or antennas with your receivers or transceivers.
[ Hits: 2111 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Filters and Ferrites in EMC
- This article is about the characteristics and use of various filters and ferrites for solving amateur radio electromagnetic compatibility problems involving breakthrough of amateur signals into domestic equipment such as television sets, video recorders stereo sytems etc.
[ Hits: 807 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Find RFI causes in mobile operations
- Troubleshooting your power supply, in determinig connections to battery, alternator and regulator interference and checking power supply leads.
[ Hits: 436 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- General Information about RFI/EMI
- RFI/EMI RadioFrequency interference/electromagnetic interference by
ARRL Technical Information Service page
[ Hits: 4224 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2 ]
- Guide to RFI
- A amateur radio guide to RFI, ferrites,
baluns, and audio interfacing by K9YC
[ Hits: 569 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Ham Radio Online - Computer Networking RFI
- This page is to provide links to resources and information regarding technologies to reduce computer interference
[ Hits: 750 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1 ]
- Ham Radio TVI in the 21st Century
- Ham radio transmissions can interfere with television reception. This is called television interference, or ham radio TVI. Consumer adoption of cable television has significantly reduced ham radio TVI. But the introduction of IPTV, or television over phone systems, has brought ham radio TVI back, often with a vengeance. Here's why
[ Hits: 130 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Homebew RF chocke
- RF Choke to prevent hf currents on the feedline
[ Hits: 3083 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- How eliminate RFI Interference in Off Grid Solar PV Systems
- How to solve RFI problems caused by the charge controller, which is a PWM type charge controller, that generates a lot of EMI interference
[ Hits: 100 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- I have RFI, now what - Quantification
- This article will cover gathering some software tools used for RFI location and removal.
[ Hits: 148 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- IARU Monitoring System sound files
- IARU Region 1 Monitoring System, local QRM, PSK and FSK systems, radars, beacons, scrambles and illegal voice traffic recordings
[ Hits: 859 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 21028 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.36 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1554 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ingnition notes on RFI by K0BG
- Removing noise caused by ignition and injection systems
[ Hits: 242 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
[ Hits: 1743 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3 ]
- Interference Handbook
- Interference to home electronic equipment is a frustrating problem; but, fortunately, there are several ways to deal with it. This handbook provides a step-by-step process for eliminating the interference
[ Hits: 3897 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Interferences and filtering
- General information on Filter passbands, interferences, TVI and RFI problems
[ Hits: 1090 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Intermodulation distortion, commonly known as Intermods, is a type of interference that can occur in any non-linear junction.
[ Hits: 455 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- K0BG's ham radio mobile operator web site
- This site is dedicated to mobile amateur radio operators, old and new alike. Whether you are into HF, or VHF operation, I trust the information presented will increase your enjoyment of our great hobby.
With safety as a byword, there are articles on amplifiers, antennas, bonding, impedance matching, installing hardware, mobile equipment, noise and RFI abatement, wiring, and much more. I do my best to keep these articles up to date, and easy to follow.
[ Hits: 4585 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 8.7 ]
- LED Lights In The Shack
- Effects and intereferences caused by LED lights in the shack
[ Hits: 520 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Line Isolator System
- A system view of the line isolator
[ Hits: 1591 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Locating Power Line Noise
- RF interference from power lines is caused by arcing as high voltage electricity bridges a gap to a lower ground potential on the power pole. Corroded or loose connections, cracked insulators almost all of the hardware on a power pole can be the source of arcing.
[ Hits: 303 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Locating RF Interference at HF
- A proven and practical approach to dealing with RFI from grow lights and more.
[ Hits: 1044 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Phase Noise.
- This is perhaps the most important parameter in many oscillators and it deserves an in-depth discussion on what it is, how it affects a system and how it can be minimised in an oscillator design.
[ Hits: 440 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Phasing out Interference
- Phasing out interference, another look
[ Hits: 338 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- Resolving 6 Meter Amateur Interference
- Transmitting operations in the 50-54 MHz range offer some unique problems that over the past 50 years have stymied station owners, forcing them to tolerate quiet hours and hostility from family and neighbors attempting to enjoy other electronic services.
[ Hits: 210 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RF in shack with vertical and longwire antennas
- Why a vertical antenna or longwire antenna might require a balun
[ Hits: 4616 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.6 ]
- RF in the Ham Shack
- Ham Station Desk Radio Equipment Ground
[ Hits: 532 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RF Problems and the HF Vertical Antenna
- Are you having RF problems in the shack since you put up your HF vertical antenna? This is a common problem with an easy solution.
[ Hits: 1345 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.71 ]
- RFI - Intermodulation
- Getting squeaks and squawks from your H-T? Are pagers crunching your mobile rig's front end? Here's how intermod happens--and how to fight back!
[ Hits: 580 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- RFI Archives
- RFI mailing list at contesting.com
[ Hits: 589 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RFI on Samsung HDTV
- RF is causing strange issues on the touch sensor buttons, controlling inputs, volume, channels on Samsung LCD TV. Solution is to disable front touch panel.
[ Hits: 141 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RFI problem on Samsung TV
- A workaround to common RF interference on Samsung TV LED causing several issues like changing channel, swithcing to demo mode, or changing volume.
[ Hits: 402 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- Sci.Electronics : RFI/EMI Info
- Dealing with Computer generated RFI/EMI by Daniel 9V1ZV
[ Hits: 578 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- SDR as a RFI site survey tool
- SDR as an RFI site survey tool. This article will show how a site survey tool was built to use in RFI mitigation.
[ Hits: 172 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Simple anti-static device
- With all the wire you have out, you may run into a problem with static buildup on the antennas. This static may try to make its way into your receiver, causing you major problems and damage that can run into a lot of money.
[ Hits: 810 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Telephone Interference
- Telephone EMI, questions and answers on how to solve interference problems to phone lines
[ Hits: 946 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Television channel 11 interference.
- Solving interference from television channel 11 on 144MHz transverters by Chris Cox, NĜUK, G4JEC
[ Hits: 379 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- The "Woodpecker" Tuning aid
- This little gadget is that it allows you to tune up at full peak output power, whilst limiting the average power to a fraction of the peak, thereby protecting the PA from meltdown
[ Hits: 3962 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- The EMI - RFI page
- Article on radio frequency interferences, with a long list of common RFI cause, like Plasma TV, Solar panels inverters, fluorescent tube lamps.
[ Hits: 247 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The myth of SWR causing coax radiation
- There are several reasons that can cause coax line radiation, most of them are related to wrong or missing use of a balun, but none can be imputed to load mismatch.
[ Hits: 643 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Track down television interference
- Nearly half of all reception problems are due to deficiencies or faults in the television receiver, the aerial lead or the aerial. This article will help you to check whether the problem you are having is due to one of these causes.
[ Hits: 316 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- TVI and BCI Filters
- TVI and BCI bandpass and bandstop filters in SMD technique. Schematics and images.
[ Hits: 4173 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5 ]
- TVi Basics - making filters
- TV Interference filters, making TVI filters, coaxial filters to eliminate TV interferences caused by radio frequency
[ Hits: 879 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- TVI Filter schematic
- A simple TVI Filter schematic
[ Hits: 322 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- TVI Filters
- High pass filter schematics for TVI and examples of finished filters
[ Hits: 808 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.6 ]
- Undestanding TV and Radio interference
- Ham radio interference to home entertainment devices is a matter we cannot dismiss easily. Fortunately there are simple steps we can take to solve most problems caused by our amateur radio station equipment.
[ Hits: 240 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- VK5BR : Intermodulation
- Intermodulation Performance and Measurement of Intermodulation Components by Lloyd Butler VK5BR First published in "Amateur Radio" August 1997
[ Hits: 466 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Where Does the Power Go
- An Energy Analysis at an Impedance Discontinuity in an RF Transmission Line
[ Hits: 596 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]