- 2m sniffer
- How to construct a Sniffer for 2m band
[ Hits: 672 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A CAT-5 Tester for Ham Radio
- A Neat Little Tool For The Bench. The basic information needed when testing a multi-conductor cable like CAT-5 is that each wire in the 4 pair cable goes to the correct pin in the RJ-45 plug and that all crimps are solid.
[ Hits: 330 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Guide to Test Equipment
- That just about sums up many peoples attitude towards test equipment. Multimeter, SWR/Power Meter, Dip Oscillator, RF Signal Generator, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
[ Hits: 2187 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Surprisingly Accurate LC Meter by VK3BHR
- An inductance and capacitance meter, measuring range is from 0 to>0.1uF for capacitance and 0 to>10mH for inductance. A project by Phil Rice, VK3BHR
[ Hits: 221 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- AC power meter
- Measure the AC current flowing through your appliances
[ Hits: 470 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- An adjustable RF Ammeter
- Measuring antenna current with and RF Ammeter
[ Hits: 575 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- An Experimental Q Meter
- The article describes Q factor, methods of measuring Q factor, inductance and capacity using a Q meter and the design of an experimental Q meter unit.
The Q factor or quality factor of an inductance is commonly expressed as the ratio of its series reactance to its series resistance.
[ Hits: 230 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Anderson Powerpole Polarity Checker Project
- A polarity checker is a very useful item to have around the shack and in a go-kit. This project, inspired by a QST article on powerpole connector protection illustrate how to build a polarity checker.
[ Hits: 166 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Scope
- Do you want to measure antenna impedance at resonance? With
this Antenna Scope, you have a simple RF Bridge for getting
started in an exciting part of Ham Radio, building your
own Antennas that work well
[ Hits: 826 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Antuino - Antenna Test Equipment
- Antuino is an accurate instrument that can be used in the field to measure SWR, field strength, modulation, etc. In the lab, it can be used to sweep filters, measure gain, distortion, frequency response, etc. It works upto 150 Mhz. On the third harmonic, it is usable on 435 Mhz band as well (with reduced sensitivity).
[ Hits: 302 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Capacitance Meter
- A capacitance meter kit assembled. The meter measures from 1 picofarad to 500 microfarads with an accuracy of up to 1% and less than 2%
[ Hits: 361 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Diigital AC Voltmeter
- Build a digital AC voltmeter to measure the output range from 0 to 150VAC with reasonable accuracy
[ Hits: 354 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Dip Meter - Grid Dip Oscillator GDO
- All the essentials about the Dip Meter or Grid Dip Oscillator used for many RF measurements including detecting resonance, locating RF emissions, and making many RF measurements.
[ Hits: 371 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Dip oscillator
- The dip oscillator is a useful piece of test equipment for the radio amateur. Circuit by VK3YE
[ Hits: 501 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Dual Output 200 MHz RF Generator/Detector
- Dual Output DDS Based RF Generator/Detector with links for the associated QEX NimbleSig III article download by Tom, VA7TA
[ Hits: 1287 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Field Strenght meter
- RF Wide Band field strenght meter design by WA6ESC
[ Hits: 732 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Field strength meter
- Field strength meter for the 137 kHz band by PA0SE
[ Hits: 612 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Field Strength Meter
- A home made field strength meter wit detailed pictures and schematic diagram by W4ZT
[ Hits: 786 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.33 ]
- Field Strength Meter
- The field strength meter (FSM) is a very useful addition to any HAM toolbox.
If you are messing around with antennas, or building PA's, or trying to repair some TX gear, the FSM will come to your rescue when there is doubt about the output level.
[ Hits: 70 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Grip Dip Oscillator
- Originally eveloped by I1FLC, uses seven plug in coils covering 3.0 to 30Mhz in a Colpitts oscillator circuit.
[ Hits: 665 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- High Voltage Breakdown Tester
- K8CU technical topics article about high voltage breakdown tester necessary for testing of any high voltage components like vacuum tubes, high voltage capacitors, vacuum relay
[ Hits: 535 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- Homebrew RF Test Equipment
- Several projects which will allow you to build your own RF design test equipment.
[ Hits: 3710 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- How to make a Q meter
- This article appeared in the February issue of Amateur Radio and is reprinted here for the convenience of others
[ Hits: 3014 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 7.3 ]
- LC Meter project
- An home made LC Meter
[ Hits: 703 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- M3 Electronix Semiconductor Analyzer Kit
- A workbench instrument capable of testing transistors, diodes, FETs, usefull constructing QRP circuitry.
[ Hits: 855 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Measuring Inductances with a Freqeuency Counter
- This article also shows how you can make your own measurements that are as good as those possible with professional equipment
[ Hits: 735 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 2.67 ]
- Measuring SSB transmitter power
- PEP RF output power measurement, and examples RF output power measurements
[ Hits: 758 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- Notes on Bird Electronics Equipment
- Information on equipment manufactured by the Bird Electronic Corporation, wattmeters, RF loads, switches by I0JX
[ Hits: 1235 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Precision Frequency Marker
- Homebew a frequency marker by 7N3WVM
[ Hits: 474 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Precision VXO
- The Precision VXO (PVXO) and its matching Crystal Test Fixture (CTF) were created to provide a low cost means of evaluating the characteristics of crystals and a means of measuring their series resonant frequency.
[ Hits: 207 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- R.F. Current Meter
- This R.F. current meter was developed to assist in measuring line currents in balance feed lines as used in the All Band HF Antenna.
[ Hits: 617 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Rainbow Antenna Analyzer
- A small and inexpensive measurement device designed to determine antenna performance across the amateur bands through use of automatically collected SWR readings
[ Hits: 6745 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 5.57 ]
- Return Loss Bridge
- This Return Loss Bridge has been designed to characterize the input impedance of a receive strip, and the output impedance of a transmit strip
[ Hits: 318 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1 ]
- Return Loss, SWR, Power Gain and Loss Calculator
- A neat tool for your daily ham activities around the shack
[ Hits: 695 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 2.37 ]
- Simple test equipment to build
- A field strength meter, a crystal tester and a capacitance meter by Peter Parker VK3YE
[ Hits: 1310 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- SnaLY-160 Scalar USB network analyzer
- A project by LY3H of a complete Scalar USB network analyzer with freeware windows software, sweep range 100 kHz to 160 MHz, powered by USB.
[ Hits: 220 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Test and Measurement Page
- A page with several testing and measurement resources usefull for those ham radio operators who needs to align or repair their own radio equipment.
[ Hits: 274 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- VK5JST Aerial Analyser
- This antenna anlyzer project was published in the May 2005 issue of the Australian magazine "Amateur Radio", and has been designed using parts which are very readily available
[ Hits: 3060 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.26 ]