- 10 Amp 13.8 Volt Power Supply
- Sometimes amateurs like to home-brew their power supplies instead of purchasing one off the shelf at any of the major ham radio retail dealers.
[ Hits: 1859 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.67 ]
- A Brief Treatise on the Decibel
- An article on origin and usage of the Decibel, that has always been a logarithmically based representation of a power ratio
[ Hits: 218 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A high perfomance Crowbar Circuit
- The MC3423 can protect sensitive circuity from power supply transients or regulator failure when used with an external "Crowbar" SCR.
[ Hits: 460 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Modern Thermocouple Ammeter
- Thermocouple ammeters are very rare these days, but the job they were perfect for - measuring antenna currents - is still a modern requirement especially in respect to groundplane currents. By David A. Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
[ Hits: 2762 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- A quick polarity tester
- A little gadget was found in an article in QST, made with 1 pair of powerpole connectors a resistor and two leds
[ Hits: 245 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Capacitors and their uses
- Different type of capacitors or condensers and description of the various types and their uses
[ Hits: 381 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Circuit Laws
- Basic electronic circuit laws, capacitors, resistors, power circuits examples
[ Hits: 327 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5 ]
- Coil Inductance Calculator
- Calculate the inductance of a single-layer, air-core coil.
[ Hits: 4257 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 5.3 ]
- Common mode current
- Balanced and Unbalanced Systems
[ Hits: 230 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- dB: What is a decibel?
- Decibels: dB, dBA, dBC, dBV, dBm and dBi? What are they all? How are they related to loudness, to phons and to sones? This page describes and compares them all and gives sound file examples.
[ Hits: 895 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2 ]
- DC Buss Box
- A DC buss distribution box, make it yourself for less than $10
[ Hits: 436 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Delabs technologies Product Design and Engineering
- Around 200 electronic circuits in pdf format or images, There are also over 1000 links to useful electronics, freeware, open source websites.
There are some 100 useful documents, software and pcbs too. Mainly industrial electronics, instrumentation. Covers Various aspects of electronics and basics of circuit design.
[ Hits: 695 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- Do You Need an Antenna Tuner
- Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on the type of antenna and feed line you're using. QST Article in pdf format
[ Hits: 21876 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 5.3 ]
- Electromagnetic Radiation Explained
- by Jim Hawkins - WA2WHV How Radio Waves Are Born
[ Hits: 983 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Electronic Circuits and Design Information
- Descriptions, summaries,and tutorials about electronic circuits and electronic circuit design including amplifiers, attenuators, logic, transistor, operational amplifiers and much more
[ Hits: 316 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Electronic Construction Tutorial
- Everything you wanted to know about building stuff but were afraid to ask."
This series was originally published in "73 Amateur Radio" between November 1997 and February 1998
[ Hits: 1873 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.75 ]
- Electronics and Radio Today
- Electronics and Radio Today for electronics and radio information, projects parctical information and introductory articles. Especially useful for those taking GCSE Electronics in the UK and around the world.
[ Hits: 945 | Votes: 69 | Rating: 6.81 ]
- Ferrite information
- Ferrite Toroidal Cores, Magnetic Properties of Ferrite Materials, EMI - RFI Suppression
Design Considerations, Ferrite Beads, Ferrites for RFI Ferrite Cores for RFI Suppression
by CWS ByteMark
[ Hits: 13420 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5 ]
- Ferrite on Reducing RFI
- Using ferrite to reduce radio frequency interference with your PC monitor or antennas with your receivers or transceivers.
[ Hits: 2158 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Glossary of Terms for Crystals
- Common terms used referring to crystals
[ Hits: 204 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How Radio Works
- Excellent slides explaining radio and radiowaves generation basics
[ Hits: 1672 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.75 ]
- Inductors and their uses
- Different types of inductors, a brief description of the various types and their uses
[ Hits: 500 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Introduction to spectrum analyzer
- Explains the fundamentals of swept-tuned, super heterodyne spectrum analyzers and discusses the latest advances.
[ Hits: 1312 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5 ]
- KAM Repairing
- Repairing a KAM interface changing two capacitors and transistors by IK5PWC
[ Hits: 150 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Making printed circuits
- To make smart looking PCB's, all you need is a computer, a laser printer, copper clad board, etchant, a clothes iron and some Epson glossy photo paper.
[ Hits: 808 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 5.67 ]
- Measuring Inductances with a Freqeuency Counter
- This article also shows how you can make your own measurements that are as good as those possible with professional equipment
[ Hits: 674 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 2.67 ]
- Negative feedback output circuit
- Negative feedback is often referred to as shunt feedback in conjunction with emitter degeneration.
[ Hits: 1031 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- PCB with kitchen appliances
- Cheap and relatively easy way of making professional quality printed circuit boards at home
[ Hits: 317 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Information and tutorials about all aspects of radio and electronics including propagation, ham radio, electronics, radio history, etc
[ Hits: 1263 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 8.13 ]
- Recovering parts from surplus
- What electronic parts you can recover from
PC monitor, VCR, CD-ROM, FDD, HDD ,
Laptop, Motherboard, SmartCard reader or Printer
[ Hits: 1066 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Resistors and their uses
- A general overview on resistors and their uses
[ Hits: 211 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Return Loss, SWR, Power Gain and Loss Calculator
- A neat tool for your daily ham activities around the shack
[ Hits: 645 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 2.37 ]
- Scot's Guide to Electronics
- Index of main electronics topics
[ Hits: 652 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Simple anti-static device
- With all the wire you have out, you may run into a problem with static buildup on the antennas. This static may try to make its way into your receiver, causing you major problems and damage that can run into a lot of money.
[ Hits: 836 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Simple Reverse Polarity Protection
- This simple modification is applicable to pretty much any 12 volt operated, positive earth equipment. by Chris Cox, N0UK, G4JEC
[ Hits: 1583 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Skin depth and Conductors
- Article about shields, Litz wire, braid, and skin depth. It is still being expanded.
[ Hits: 158 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Soldering guide
- Guide to soldering an desoldering
[ Hits: 807 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Toroid Winding
- Winding Toroids can be a real hassle for those of use who are left-handed or not so dexterous as we once were.
[ Hits: 3435 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.8 ]
- Description of what is a transformer and winding types
[ Hits: 240 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Tubes 201
- How Vacuum Tubes Really Work
[ Hits: 1262 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- Using Bipolar Transistors As Switches
- While transistors have many uses, one of the less known uses by amateurs is the ability for bipolar transistors to turn things on and off
[ Hits: 277 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Using ferrite for interference suppression
- Excellent guide to using ferrite cores for interference suppression.
Understanding and Solving RF Interference and Noise Problems by Jim Brown K9YC Audio Systems Group, Inc. PDF File
[ Hits: 5436 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Voltage protector/Fuse Assembly for 100-watt transceivers
- A compact voltage protector/fuse assembly for 100-watt transceivers by AD5X
[ Hits: 1200 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Voltage Regulator From Discrete Components
[ Hits: 1064 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.67 ]
- Winding Toroids
- A Guide to safely wind toroidal cores by vu2fd
[ Hits: 2328 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]