- An introduction to the air cored coil
- We use the term air core coil to describe an inductor that does not depend upon a ferromagnetic material to achieve its specified inductance. This covers the cases where there really is just air inside as well as windings upon a different insulator such as bakelite, glass or PTFE etc. Do you need an air coil?
[ Hits: 89 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Antenna Loading Coil Calculation
- The calculation refers to either a loaded 1/4 wave or a loaded dipole,
[ Hits: 15377 | Votes: 124 | Rating: 4.66 ]
- Antenna Loading Coil Construction Techniques
- This page explains how to construct high-Q inductor coils.
[ Hits: 5861 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 5.41 ]
- Antenna Matching Coil Adjustment Procedure
- Without this basic knowledge, addressing antenna problems, RFI problems, and matching problems, results in a frustrating situation. Procedure which must be followed to properly adjust a shunt matching coil.
[ Hits: 2661 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4 ]
- Build Your Own Coils
- A method of building coils for your home made antennas
[ Hits: 6493 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 2.83 ]
- Building Coils
- Building coils for a portable dipole using
a novel method of winding coils with weedeater cord!
[ Hits: 2995 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 2.33 ]
- Building High Power, High Q, Loading Coils
- This page describes the loading coil (inductor) that W8WWV built for my center-loaded 160 meter band (1.83 MHz) vertical antenna.
[ Hits: 6855 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.4 ]
- Coil Design
- A page dedicated to antenna coil home brewing and coil design by VE6WZ
[ Hits: 1465 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 5.08 ]
- Coil Designer - Mk 2
- This page lets you do calculations for single layer air cored coils using the solenoid formula
[ Hits: 3464 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.4 ]
- Coil measurement experiment
- Comment on W5DXP 2011 coil measurement experiment
[ Hits: 595 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Coil Q Measurements
- Coil Q Measurements - With a special focus on wet coils.
[ Hits: 556 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Coil Winding Tips
- Tips on winding wire coils used as inductive loads, traps, band-pass filters, are implemented in a number of amateur radio projects especially antenna projects
[ Hits: 863 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6 ]
- Current distribution in Coils
- Current distribution in the antenna loading coils
[ Hits: 374 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Current Through a 75m Bugcatcher Loading Coil
- About experiments and measurements on loading coils using net standing wave current
[ Hits: 450 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Home Brew Loading Coil for AD5X Vertical
- How to make a loading coil for the AD5X portable vertical antenna
[ Hits: 3082 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 7.91 ]
- Inductor operation
- Understanding current in loading coils
[ Hits: 958 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Loading Coil for 136 kHz
- Pictures of loading coils according to OK1FIG
[ Hits: 1496 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3 ]
- Loading Coils for 136 kHz
- This page starts by showing how to make loading coils for LF, and goes on to describe two of the loading coil assemblies used to resonate the experimental vertical antenna used at GW4ALG.
[ Hits: 425 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- Loading of Short Antennas
- An interesting article on loading short vertical monopole antennas, representing six different methods. Base loading, Center Loading, Top Loading, Continuous loading, half and half loading and capacitive top loading.
[ Hits: 632 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.25 ]
- Make Your Own Loading Coils
- Make your own loading coils for antenna projects using Caterpillar Grommet strips.
[ Hits: 1374 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7 ]
- Matching Coil Adjustment
- There is a specific procedure which must be followed if proper adjustment of a shunt matching coil is to be achieved.
[ Hits: 454 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Measuring Coil Inductance
- Measuring Coil Inductance with an MFJ Antenna Analyzer by Scott W Harden
[ Hits: 611 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Mobile Loading Coil Measurements
- 75m Mobile Texas Bugcatcher Loading Coil Measurements
[ Hits: 813 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- RF Choke Coil - Made Easy
- In this article K3DAV show a very simple way to make an RF choke coil that will remove your RF feedback troubles
[ Hits: 1242 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.83 ]
- Solid vs. Stranded wire in coils
- Skin effect and proximity effect on making coils with stranded wire. An interesting comparison on making coils.
[ Hits: 724 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Winding Inductors on Cantex 4 Inch PVC Tubing
- Coil winding on 4 inch PVC tubing with home-made tooling.
[ Hits: 623 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]