- K9AY loop
- K9AY receiving antennas for PA6Z made by PA9M
[ Hits: 2139 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- 160 m Balanced Coaxial Receiving Loop Antenna
- W4HM explanation of the 160 meter balanced coaxial receiving loop antenna, easily adaptable to a 40 and 80 meters band
[ Hits: 6474 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6.4 ]
- 160 meter low noise antennas experiments
- VE7CA experiments on 160 meters band antennas, looking for better performances on reception.
[ Hits: 3033 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- 160 meter receiving loop antenna
- N6RK receive only loop antenna
[ Hits: 3949 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 3.37 ]
- 160 Meters 4 Square Receive Antenna
- A four square array receiving antena for the top band, performance is extremely directional and space requirements are really hard to fulfill.
[ Hits: 160 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- 160 meters receiving loop
- KD0SO receiving loop for 160 meters
[ Hits: 557 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- 160/80m Coaxial Receiving Loop Antennas
- Receiving loop antenna for top band. This antenna allow to reduce noise on both bands. The stand alone 80m loop is approximately four feet in diameter. And made of light weight material. Which makes it ideal for portable use or you can mount it above a pre-existing vhf antenna, and due to it's small size it is quite rotatable.
[ Hits: 64796 | Votes: 60 | Rating: 5.97 ]
- 160m - 80m Receiving Loop
- Going High-Q and High-Tech with the RX Loop at AC0C
[ Hits: 668 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- 160m/80m Receiving Loop antenna
- Going High-Q and High-Tech with the RX Loop at AC0C
[ Hits: 641 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- 3 Foot Box Loop Antenna
- These antennas are larger versions of the small loop antennas that were part of the cardboard back panel of older AC/DC five tube AM radios. Loop antennas of this type were popular in the very early days of radio. They are still useful today for long distance reception of AM radio stations
[ Hits: 349 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- 40M Delta Flag
- A delta loop receiving antenna for the 40 meters band
[ Hits: 82 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- 9 Circle RX antenna
- The receiving antenna setup for the top band, made with a 9 elements vertical antenna array, remote controller and remote relais.
[ Hits: 407 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- A Small Wire Loop Antennas for 160 meters
- Low noise, receive only coax loop antennas for 160 - 10 meters HF bands
[ Hits: 49005 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 7.11 ]
- Active ferrite rod antenna
- An active antenna for HF done with a ferrite rod by OH7SV
[ Hits: 3850 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.67 ]
- Active receiving antennas
- An active antenna is sometimes used for receiving purposes in instances where a normal antenna would be impossible to accommodate in a physical sense.
[ Hits: 12513 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Another Approach to Active Antennas
- Active antenna with a frequency response that is flat from 5kHz to over 30MHz
[ Hits: 4341 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- Archimedean Spiral Antenna for RTLSDR
- Dodgy plans to make Archimedean spiral antenna for RTLSDR software defined radio receiver. Made of two equal lengths of coaxial cable seems to be the easiest circularly polarized antenna to make that will cover a broad range of the rtlsdr dongles E4000 tuners
[ Hits: 966 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Broadband receiving antenna matching
- This article addresses the subject of obtaining the best signal transfer from an antenna to the
typical 50-ohm receiver input over a wide frequency range, with emphasis on medium-wave
(500 - 2000 kHz), encompassing the standard AM broadcast band and the 160-m amateur band.
[ Hits: 6538 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6 ]
- Compact receiving loop antenna
- A receiving loop antenna project suitable for 150-430 KHz reception by Gregg van der Sluys
[ Hits: 3447 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Comparison Chart of Rx antennas
- Comparison chart for low-band receiving antennas
[ Hits: 1512 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Comparison of Beverage antenna
- A ranking of receiving antennas based on noise being evenly distributed in all directions. These rankings are most accurate in the frequency range of AM broadcast, 160 or 80 meter bands
[ Hits: 2837 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- Dave's Loop Antennas
- N2DS home made loop page collection.
[ Hits: 5662 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7 ]
- Delta RX antenna used at FO0AAA
- Delta 160-meter receiving antenna used at FO0AAA
[ Hits: 1117 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Discone antenna
- The basics of what is a discone antenna for wide band or bandwidth omnidirectional applications.
[ Hits: 1327 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Discone Antenna for SDR
- Home made discone antenna used with RTLSDR dongle
[ Hits: 2442 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4 ]
- Double Half Delta Loop
- Low Band Receiving Antenna, it is a ground independent Receiving antenna which only needs two 10m support poles by DH1TW
[ Hits: 452 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Double Half-Delta Loop RX Antenna
- This wire antenna was developed to offer for a small, low-band, ground independent directional receiving antenna, it requires only two support poles. It is basically composed by two interconnected half delta loops and is better than a single flag or EWE, and almost as good as two phased EWE in the same space.
[ Hits: 935 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ferrite receive antenna
- A very compact receive antenna made with ferrite bars by PA0FBK
[ Hits: 2762 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Ferrite rod antennas
- Ferrite rod antenna or aerial, a form of RF antenna that is widely used in RFID and transistor radio applications.
[ Hits: 1039 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- HF Receive Antenna
- This page describes a couple of parts box medicine bottle antennas that you can build. The ground side of the capacitor is soldered to the ground of the BNC connector. The positive side of the capacitor takes 5 turns around the toroid and is soldered back to itself. The center pin of the BNC connector takes 5 turns around the toroid and then continues on to the wire wound inductor. From there the antenna continues with an attached piece of wire.
[ Hits: 149 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- HF Receiving Loop
- This experiment was inspired by Peter VK2TPM's receiving loop experiments for 80 metres.
[ Hits: 1770 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- HF Receiving Loop Antenna
- HF receiving loop antenna, an easy-to-make receiving loop antenna for HF
[ Hits: 19181 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.75 ]
- HF Resonant Loop Antenna
- The antenna was built to be used for shortwave listening with a Tecsun PL-660 radio receiver. Later it was used with Yaesu VX-6 handheld transceiver and with Yaesu FT-817ND for shortwave listening.
[ Hits: 1009 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.67 ]
- Home Made Discone Antenna
- A DIY discone antenna project made to improve receiveing performance of an RTLSDR receiver.
[ Hits: 5404 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 6.44 ]
- Homebrew Bicone Antenna Project
- Homebrewing a vhf bicone antenna with 8 clothes hangers and 4 feet of Sch40 non-metallic rigid conduit
[ Hits: 534 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- How to build a tuned loop antenna
- How can you vastly improve your Medium Wave reception? its quite simple really, all you need is 120 foot of wire, a few lengths of timber and an old tuning capacitor with which you can build the answer to every DX'ers prayers, a tuned loop antenna.
[ Hits: 23921 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 8.1 ]
- How to build the K9AY loop
- This PDF document provided by AT technologies explains how to build the K9AY loop receiving antenna.
[ Hits: 8659 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.8 ]
- How to install a Mini Whip antenna
- Notes on how to properly install a Mini Whip receiving antenna in an noisy urban environment.
[ Hits: 326 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Hula Loop MW DX Antenna
- An excellently presented article on the design and construction of a medium wave DX Antenna
[ Hits: 1168 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- K9AY Receiving Loop Antenna System
- K9AY 160M / 80M Receiving Loop Antenna System by K7SFN
[ Hits: 1835 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- KR1ST Magnetic Loop Antenna
- This receive only loop covers a frequency range of about 5 MHz to 22 MHz and is built from readily available parts.
[ Hits: 2087 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- LF Receiving Loop
- A really simple LF receiving loop antenna
[ Hits: 989 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Low Band Receive Antennas
- An interesting article about low band receive antenna for Urban QTHs
[ Hits: 525 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Low-Band Receive Antennas
- 98 Pages PPT presentation file on low band receiving antenns by Al Penney VO1NO / VE3
[ Hits: 1485 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.33 ]
- Magnetic antenna fo ULF
- Detection and recording of Schumann resonances and other electromagnetic phenomena at frequencies below 50 Hz By Hans Michlmayr
[ Hits: 1357 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Mini Whip Antenna
- An Active antenna designed for VLF and shortwave radio reception. A small antenna capable of excellent performances on low bands, made on a copper plate and introductio to active antennas.
[ Hits: 2231 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.5 ]
- N4IS - New Waller Flag
- Hi performance 160/80m rotatable RX antenna
[ Hits: 3092 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- NDB K9AY mast
- Martin Francis NDB K9AY mast project, with pictures and homebrewing details
[ Hits: 1058 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- PAR End Fed Z EF-SWL Antenna
- Monitoring times PAR End Fed Z EF-SWL Antenna review by N5FPW
[ Hits: 714 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Random wire antenna for shortwave listening
- VA3STL experience on reorganizing his shack and setting up a new random lenght wire antenna for his Yaesu FRG-7 receiver
[ Hits: 5573 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6 ]
- Receiving antenna for low bands
- K9AY loop antenna installed at PA6Z Contest group. This is a receiving antennas for the low bands (160m, 80m and 40m). Include schematics and info on a building the control box, preamplifier and low-pass filter
[ Hits: 19448 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 8.4 ]
- Receiving Antennas
- A review of all possible receiving antennas for top band 160 meters
[ Hits: 583 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Receiving Loop Antenna
- A receiving loop antenna for low frequency DX Work
[ Hits: 731 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Receiving Loops antennas for 1.8 Mhz
- An article on how to build an efficient receive only loop antenna for 160 meters by Lloyd Butler
[ Hits: 3613 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7 ]
- Receiving Phased Array with Small Electric or Magnetic Active Wideband Elements
- Wideband receiving phased arrays with small electric or magnetic active wideband
elements are discussed in details. Practical results and examples are given.
[ Hits: 507 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Remote Receiving Loops
- Experiments on remote receiving loops antenna by Lyle Koehler, K0LR
[ Hits: 1203 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Rhombic antenna
- Receiving rhombic antenna experiments by Jelmer PA5R
[ Hits: 895 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- RX antenna for 160/80 meters
- RX Antenna 160m/80m Band Splitter/Switch, a small project that will work along with the K9AY RX antenna
[ Hits: 2040 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- RX Flag Antenna FO0AAA 160-10 meters
- An HF bands receiving antenna, shaped in a delta-loop wire aerial with a total 28ft lenght.
[ Hits: 517 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.33 ]
- RX Loop antenna
- This loop antenna is intended to be connected as an antenna for receivers that do not have a built-in antenna such as an HF set or an old tube radio. This square barrel is wound on a wooden frame.
It consists of two windings that are galvanically isolated from each other, a main and a coupling winding. The diameter is about 40 cm.
[ Hits: 48 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Shielded-Loop Receiving Antenna
- Schematics, mechanical drawings and picture of a Receiving loop antenna by N5ESE - N5FC
[ Hits: 8084 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 6.9 ]
- Shortwave antenna
- Magic Anti-Jamming antenna for shortwave reception
[ Hits: 15152 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 5.54 ]
- Sloper SWL antenna
- A slooper design as a HF antnena by John Beattie, California. USA
[ Hits: 3024 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Small HF RX Loop
- This is very common W7IUV Flag Antenna design is based on the PY3AGD antenna because it uses the antenna mounted horizontally and nd it is perfect for my small city lot installation.
[ Hits: 133 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Small Loop Antenna Array for HF Reception
- Receive-only loop antennas have some nice response characteristics that make them ideal when used for reception of skywave signals.
[ Hits: 908 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Super AM Antenna
- How to build a super AM antenna, These plans have been used by many people, with good results.
[ Hits: 1573 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8 ]
- SWL Receiving Antenna Ideas
- Shortwave radio receiving antenna experiments, on 30 and 40 meters band with pictures, schematics and descriptions.
[ Hits: 10913 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- The Challenge: Receiving Antennas
- Importance of receiving antennas in working dx stations by Greg Ordy
[ Hits: 1720 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- The K7TJR Array 160m antenna
- Anyone attempting to work DX on Top-Band 160 Meters, soon learns of the need for a good receiving antenna. This is a 160 meter 8 element receiving array.
[ Hits: 2074 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- The K9AY Terminated Loop
- A compact directional receiving antenna
[ Hits: 2395 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.6 ]
- The K9FD Receiving Loop
- The Answer To Suburban DXing On the Low Bands - by Merv Schweigert, K9FD
[ Hits: 3864 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.15 ]
- The Loop on Ground Antenna
- An experimental antenna for HF reception. It consists of a single loop element mounted on the ground. It is stealthy, small, and quiet. EZ-NEC plots and on-air test results are included.
[ Hits: 248 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- The Octoloop
- An LF/VLF Portable Loop Antenna N4YWK
[ Hits: 1564 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Small Loop Project
- AM loop antenna for 75/80 meters band
[ Hits: 3637 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- The VE3DO receiving loop
- A receiving loop antenna similar to the K9AY loop, and antenna properties does not show noticeable difference
[ Hits: 793 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- The W2PM Mini Diamond Receiving Flag
- This description is taken from the Pete's W2PM posting into Topband reflector.
[ Hits: 1913 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- The WWVB Receiving Antenna
- The construction of this antenna is intended to be inexpensive, fast, and effective. Very capable in receiving WWVB from california.
[ Hits: 3090 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Top Band Receive Loop Antenna
- In this article the author shows the receiving loop antenna for 160 meters band installed at his QTH. Diagram and movie available. Article in in Turkish but can be translated in english
[ Hits: 321 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Triband Receiving Loop for 160/80/40m
- A receiving only loop antenna for low bands, cover 160 to 40 meters with a remote antenna switch box well described and illustrated in this article
[ Hits: 862 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- W1TAG LF Receiving Loop
- The loop is square, 6 feet on a side.
[ Hits: 2764 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Wide Band Active Loop Antenna
- A shielded broadband (~200 MHz) active loop antenna offers more quiet and relatively less interference reception.
[ Hits: 605 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8 ]
- Wire receiving loop antenna
- A quick and easy to build loop antenna for shortwave listeining can tune from 5 to 18 Mhz
[ Hits: 6272 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 4.86 ]