Antenna Balun and UnunBalun Construction. Baluns are devices to balance unbalanced systems.
- Baluns Articles Collection
- A PDF file with a compilation of articles about baluns taken from differen sources
[ Hits: 884 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Baluns by Dan N5AR
- There is considerable confusion about the various types of baluns, this article try to make it clear.
[ Hits: 2147 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Baluns in theory
- A complete reference on building baluns
[ Hits: 3408 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Baluns on Log Periodic Antennas
- Some antenna manufacturers place baluns at the incorrect location in LPDA arrays, or tell you to route the cable incorrectly. This can cause substantial RFI and all sorts of weird problems like RF into house wiring.
[ Hits: 2319 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.50 ]
- Baluns on Log Perodic Antennas
- Some antenna manufacturers place baluns at the incorrect location in LPDA arrays. If we consider what the balun does we can see how the mistake occurs.
[ Hits: 1508 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Baluns: theory and projects
- All about baluns with photos, projects and instructions, by IZ7ATH
[ Hits: 53157 | Votes: 46 | Rating: 6.23 ]
- Baluns: What they do and how they do it
- Article on Baluns and how they works, what Problems are Baluns supposed to Solve, Causes of System Imbalance from ARRL Antenna Compendium by W7EL
[ Hits: 1363 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.70 ]
- Basic Balun Theory
- Baluns are still a mystery to some radio amateurs and the only way to understand them is to learn what they are and how to use them.
[ Hits: 979 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.50 ]
- Broadband Baluns
- Voltage baluns and choke (or current) baluns.
[ Hits: 969 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Build your own HF balun
- EA4EOZ home made baluns
[ Hits: 1483 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Build your own HF balun
- A balun is a MUST for dipoles or similar antennas when they are feed with coaxial cables. Many hams connect the center conductor of the coaxial cable to one side of the dipole, and the shield to the other. Wrong!
[ Hits: 1303 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- Building baluns
- How to easily home-brew baluns even in strange formats 1/1 - 2/1 - 4/1 - 6/1 - 9/1 - 12/1 et 16/1 for bands from 1.8 to 30 (50) MHz in french
[ Hits: 32833 | Votes: 31 | Rating: 5.77 ]
- Choke balun
- Essentially, a choke balun is designed to 'divorce' your antenna from the feed line. if your feed line is coaxial cable then you don't want it to be part of your antenna. you want to be able to deliver all your power to the radiator itself, i.e. 'the antenna'. a choke balun does this admirably
[ Hits: 349 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 7.27 ]
- Coax Balun
- A very simple coax balun
[ Hits: 1739 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 3.83 ]
- Coaxial Balun
- Coaxial balun plan by I0QM
[ Hits: 30300 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 5.23 ]
- Coiled Choke Balun for HF
- A very practical Balun for HF aerial work is the choke type. It reduces RFI to and from the feeder & at next to no cost or loss.
[ Hits: 2066 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Core Baluns
- About core baluns, measurementes, basic theory and calculations
[ Hits: 988 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Creating a simple, easy to make balun
- Detailed information on several different balun types which are easy to build at home by G0KSC
[ Hits: 1637 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Design & Performance of a Choke Balun
- Design & Performance of a Choke Balun and Balanced Transmission Line by G4FGQ
[ Hits: 1157 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.33 ]
- DIY Basic Electronics and Antennas
- DIY Basic Electronic Theory, Basic Antenna Theory with Antennas built from common materials. What does SWR really mean. Baluns from transmission line.
[ Hits: 11258 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 7.85 ]
- EA6VQ - Open wire feeding and baluns
- Discussion about open wire feeding and baluns took place in the Moon-Net reflector.
[ Hits: 4038 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Errante's virtual ground balun
- Errante's virtual ground Balun, a state-of-the-art high power HF balun family.
[ Hits: 766 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.83 ]
- Feeding an End-Fed Antenna
- End-Fed antennas are NOT balanced systems; but neither are verticals, ground planes, discones, windoms, zepps, Marconis, half-slopers, et al. Additionally, the low-impedance antenna port of your transmitter/receiver is not balanced.
[ Hits: 20307 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 7.76 ]
- Ferite Balus 1.8 - 30 Mhz
- 1:1 and 4:1 baluns diagrams
[ Hits: 1765 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 3.71 ]
- GW0VMR construction ideas
- selection of construction ideas from Patrick, GW0VMR, includes ATU, Baluns theory
[ Hits: 21172 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 7.84 ]
- HF Home made Balun
- A balun is a device that is used at the feedpoint of a balanced antenna when an unbalanced feedline is desired to feed the antenna. Balun is a contraction for BALanced to UNbalanced.
[ Hits: 38433 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.77 ]
- High impedance baluns
- Introduction with some background on balun types
[ Hits: 794 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HomeBrew 1:1 4:1 9:1 Baluns
- Circuit diagrams to homebrew different baluns by vk2awx
[ Hits: 1866 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Homebrew Balun Case
- Balun case construction, tipically to host toroid cores. Size of case depends on power to handle. By DL5DBM
[ Hits: 1112 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Homemade HF Antenna Balun
- AA5TB homemade balun article
[ Hits: 1689 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- How build a 1:40 Balun
- Italian page about a home made a 1 to 40 balun with pictures and measurements on HF bands.
[ Hits: 1069 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- How to Make a Great 9:1 RX Transformer
- There are lots of good designs for matching transformers for receiving antennas. Make it yourself it's cheap and easy, and very high performance. This is the design used in the TRX-9 transformers.
[ Hits: 2992 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Inside view of a Magnetic Loop Balun
- Inside view of the RF Systems magnetic longwire Bbalun
[ Hits: 671 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Antennas : Antenna Balun and Unun
Balun Construction. Baluns are devices that are used to balance unbalanced systems, from here the acronym BalUn. In antenna feed lines, the balun is often used to balance a coax cable and a dipole antenna
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
10M 12M 15M 160M 17M 20M 2M 30M 40M 4M 6M 70cm 80M Active Antenna Calculators Array Baluns * Bazooka Beverage CobWebb Coils Collinear Delta loop Dipole EH End-Fed Fan Dipole Feed Lines Four Square Fractal G5RV Halo Handhelds HB9CV Helical Hentenna HexBeam Homebrewing Techniques Horn Indoor Installation J-Pole K9AY Lindenblad Log Periodic Longwave Loop Magnetic Loop Masts and mounts Microwave Mobile Morgain Moxon Multiband NVIS OCF Patch Portable Quad Quagi Receiving Repair and Maintenance Resonant Feedline Dipole Rhombic Satellite Shortwave Skeleton Slot Slim Jim Sloper Slot Spiral Stealth T2FD Theory Towers Traps Tuners Vertical VHF UHF W3DZZ W3EDP WiFi Windom Wire Yagi ZS6BKW
Recent Links Making a good balun Balun Construction Antenna Balun Switchable MTFT for Wire-Antennas When and Where to Use Baluns
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links