- L.B. Cebik - W4RNL documents by ON5AU
- A collection of antenna projects by W4RNL L.B. Cebik collected in a single link page by ON5AU.
Includes ARRL QST, Modeling and Understanding Small Beams and books
[ Hits: 89 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Large Antenna in a fixed direction?
- If your antenna is fixed in one direction, you will notice that your antenna works perfectly only during fall and spring.
[ Hits: 250 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Link-Coupled Antenna Tuners
- W4RNL tutorial on on inductively coupled (link-coupled) antenna tuners
[ Hits: 2564 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- Liquid Metal Antenna
- Liquid metal antenna using galinstan by Mike Lake KD8CIK
[ Hits: 1344 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- Loading inductors in mobile antennas
- Mobile antennas, loading coil current, and loaded antennas. efficiency and electrical rules.
Loading inductors used in mobile HF antennas.
[ Hits: 4121 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5 ]
- Log Periodic vs Yagi Antenna
- Article on Yagi and Log periodic antennas by Tom, K1JJ
[ Hits: 373 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Loop Antenna Basics
- Loop Antenna Basics and Regulatory Compliance for Short-Range Radio
[ Hits: 711 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Low Noise Antenna Connection
- Reducing noise to your antenna can gain your aerial performance, learn how.
[ Hits: 7388 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6 ]
- Low reactance multiband center feed wires
- An antenna system is more easily interfaced to a radio when the input reactance at the feedline terminals is low or close to series resonance
[ Hits: 2907 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.8 ]
- Marine corps antenna handbook
- U.S. Marine Corps in PDF format
[ Hits: 4321 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.17 ]
- Matching Waves, VSWR at work
- When the radiation resistance (voltage to current ratio) of an antenna is the same value as the characteristic impedance of the transmission line (voltage to current ratio in the line), all of the electrical energy transmitted down the line is taken by the antenna and radiated into space in the form of a radio wave.
[ Hits: 440 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Measuring 2.4 GHz Helix Antennas
- It is not very difficult to design and make a helix antenna for a specific frequency and gain. It is more difficult for the serious experimenter to make precise measurements of the finished antenna.
[ Hits: 342 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 10 ]
- Measuring Antenna System SWR
- Have you measured the SWR at the antenna?
[ Hits: 227 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Measuring Cable Loss
- Improving measurement accuracy when
low-power analyzers are used.
[ Hits: 686 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.5 ]
- NVIS Propagation concept
- Army Field Manual 24-18 Appendix M with Graphics
[ Hits: 2857 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 8.92 ]
- Optimizing Inductors
- While intended mainly for antenna loading coils, this article also applies to other resonant systems, such as amplifier tank circuits.
[ Hits: 486 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Passive antenna re-radiators
- Passive Antenna Re-radiators to function as Q Multipliers
[ Hits: 333 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Phasing of two identical antennas
- Phased Spaced Active Whips and Broadband Loops by WA1ION
[ Hits: 355 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2 ]
- Phasing Systems
- Antennas, Standard Delay Line Systems, Crossfire Phasing or Hybrids
[ Hits: 800 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3 ]
- Polarization, lines of force
- While polarisation may seem insignificant compared with other considerations in setting up a communications system, choosing the right type can make significant improvement in performance.
[ Hits: 460 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Portable antenna comparison
- Common antennas for portable use compared. A vertical antenna, a dipole antenna an inverted V and a fan dipole all at same height.
[ Hits: 711 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- QEX Ground System Experiments
- N6LF series of experiments on ground systems for vertical antennas. That series of reports was converted, with some modifications, into a series fo seven articles in QEX magazine.
[ Hits: 661 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- Quad or Loop antenna
- Information about quad and loop antennas, matching tips, differences on polarization and impedence by PA0FRI
[ Hits: 850 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.33 ]
- Quarter Wave Verticals
- One of the most useful antennas in the repertoire is the Marconi or quarter wave grounded vertical antenna. Its invention made it possible to halve the length of antennas, simplifying communications, especially at HF and below.
[ Hits: 1679 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7 ]
- Quarter Waves and Velocity Factor
- Coax Velocity Factor in Baluns, Does it Matter?
Test results show coaxial cable velocity factor does not always enter into stub length calculations especially in the world of Baluns
[ Hits: 144 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Radial System Design
- Are the lengths of antenna radials related to the height of a vertical? By N6LF
[ Hits: 755 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Radial systems and ground
- Radial systems for elevated and ground mounted vertical antennas by SteppIR
[ Hits: 2087 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.25 ]
- Radiation and fields
- Electric Fields, magnetic fields, electromagnetic fields, losses, fresnel zone, nearfield and farfield
[ Hits: 401 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Radiation Characteristics
- Tailoring Patterns for HF Verticals
[ Hits: 192 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Rainbow Antenna Analyzer
- A small and inexpensive measurement device designed to determine antenna performance across the amateur bands through use of automatically collected SWR readings
[ Hits: 6459 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.33 ]
- Receiving Loop Theory - N4YWK
- Sensitivity of multi turn receiving loops
William E. Payne, N4YWK
[ Hits: 650 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Restricted Space Antennas Notes
- W5ALT Antenna notes for a dummy dedicated to restricted space antennas
[ Hits: 664 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- RF Measurement on W3EDP antenna
- RF Current measurements on a Long Wire W3EDP antenna
[ Hits: 480 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- RMS power
- How it's misused and misunderstood, and why it's not useful.
[ Hits: 555 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Selecting a Multi-Band Vertical
- Choosing a vertical antenna. Buying guide to amateur radio HF vertical antennas by Bencher inc
[ Hits: 1471 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Sensitivity of Multi Turn Receiving Loops
- Magnetism is manifested as a 'field of vectors', that is, any point in the magnetic field has not only a magnitude, but a direction in space. The four Maxwell equations describe how electric and magnetic vector fields behave and interact.
[ Hits: 299 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Small antennas and radiation resistance
- Small antenna, what causes loss and how to increase radiation resistance in small antennas., A description of loss and radiation resistance.
[ Hits: 815 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Smart Antennas Tutorial
- Smart antennas or the adaptive antenna array and smart antenna technology used with SDR, cognitive radio, MIMO, and other new technologies.
[ Hits: 391 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Smith Chart Basics
- Smith Chart it is a graphic tool for solving transmission lines problems
[ Hits: 260 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Some plain facts about multiband vertical antennas
- There is considerable confusion as to what exactly a multiband vertical antenna is. The confusion concerns the method of feed, how much mismatch one can expect, how many radials are required, how the particular antenna is built for multiband use, plus some other points.
[ Hits: 1808 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Speedometers SWR Meters and Smith Charts
- Have wondered why a Smith chart has such strange grid lines. Believe it or not, there is a logical progression from Speedometers to Smith charts that will make the Smith grid crystal clear.
[ Hits: 404 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5 ]
- Stacking for 50MHz
- Summary of discussion on stacking antennas on six meter band
[ Hits: 1105 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Stacking yagis on a single tower
- How to stack different band yagi antenna in a single tower
[ Hits: 222 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Stealth Attic Antennas for DX and Contesting?
- Considerations on using attic antennas for dx anc contesting operations.
[ Hits: 314 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- SWR - Power loss calculation
- How is your SWR - determine the power loss to expect for a given SWR, includes an excel spreadsheet by n3ujj
[ Hits: 285 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.67 ]
- SWR Table
- Power loss table by SWR values
[ Hits: 286 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- T-Match Construction
- The T-Match with its balanced feed point is one method of feeding a Balanced Dipole.
[ Hits: 654 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Techlib.com Antennas
- Introduction to homebrewing antenna, for AM FM band reception
[ Hits: 182 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Testing with the Loop Antenna
- NRSC AM bandwidth measurements with the loop antenna
[ Hits: 513 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Antenna Elmer
- Here you will find information about wire antennas as well as directional beams.
[ Hits: 9137 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 7.35 ]
- The Coaxial Line
- Impedance matching, Transmission Lines, Characteristic Impedance, VSWR & Mismatch and Antenna Losses
[ Hits: 800 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The decibel
- dB the measure of performance explained at radioworks.com
[ Hits: 341 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The DK7ZB-Match for Yagis
- Simple, easy to built match developed in 1995 for Yagis with resistitive loads of 12.5, 18 and 28 Ohm.
[ Hits: 3511 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.38 ]
- The Ferrite Rod Antenna
- Theory of the ferrite rod antenna
[ Hits: 769 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1 ]
- The humble Yagi or should that be Uda
- Article about Yagi-UDA antennas
[ Hits: 205 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- The Impact of Current Distribution on Array Patterns
- Technical Correspondence, QST, July 1990 - Why even "perfect" phased array element currents don't produce perfect patterns.
[ Hits: 557 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- The mark 2 Crossfield Antenna
- The mark 2 Crossfield Antenna was described in Sprat 76 by Alec, GD3HQR
[ Hits: 614 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The mystery of radials
- Effect of radials on the efficiency of antennas.
[ Hits: 257 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Petlowany Principle
- Spipral antenna principle by a concept of Bill Petlowany, K6NO. Tak Antennas are based on this principle, using spirals as dipole linear wires.
[ Hits: 762 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- To Trap or Not to Trap
- An interesting article on traps, pros and cons of trapping by W4RNL
[ Hits: 4027 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4 ]
- Trap antennas, coaxial trap, coax dipole antenna loss resistance
- Testing and comparison of traps and trap antennas
[ Hits: 3060 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Understanding Antennas For The Non-Technical Ham
- A Book By Jim Abercrombie, N4JA.
Reason for writing this book is to educate you so you can make an informed choice concerning the
best antenna for you. Another reason is to dispel the many antenna myths that circulate in the amateur
[ Hits: 1063 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Understanding Radiation Patterns
- Understanding and using antenna radiation patterns
[ Hits: 424 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Understanding Standing Wave Ratios SWR
- We worry a lot about Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) in amateur radio since SWR is one indication of how well our antenna system is working. Most HF transceivers and antenna tuners have built in SWR meters. SWR is a measure of a transceiver'
s output power verses the portion of that power reflected by the antenna system
[ Hits: 8374 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- Understanding SWR by Example
- Take the mystery and mystique out of standing wave ratio. QST Article by K5DVW
[ Hits: 1503 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.57 ]
- Using Delta Matching on HF Beams
- Using delta match with HF antennas design
[ Hits: 5484 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.5 ]
- Using MMANA-GAL for antenna modelling
- G0KYA MMANA-GAL presentation and samples
[ Hits: 464 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 4.8 ]
- Vertical amtennas among the trees
- Experiments on vertical antennas among the trees by ik2egl
[ Hits: 694 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Vertical and Above
- Using vertical on six meters band and above, by Peter Schleuss, HB9RUZ
[ Hits: 286 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Vertical plane antennas' beaming comparision
- Animated quad and yagi comparison. You can see antennas' characteristics behavior in a vertical plane with changing of the height.
[ Hits: 3081 | Votes: 17 | Rating: 4.1 ]
- Vertical stacking of HF antennas
- Benefits of stacking two HF antennas vertically
[ Hits: 294 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Vertical vs Horizontal antenna separation
- Isolation vs antenna separation an interesting article by WA6ILQ
[ Hits: 954 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 5.49 ]
- Verticals. Ground systems and some history
- Article gives a good overview of the basics and reflects the accepted wisdom from BC antenna work.
[ Hits: 1378 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- VHF antennas, construction and use
- Article by VU2GT about VHF antennas, how to evaluate performances and models.
[ Hits: 874 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- VHF/UHF Antenna mounting
- Mounting antenna close each other. Distance calculations and tips on setting up antennas by KB9VBR
[ Hits: 595 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4 ]
- VLF-LF and the Loop Aerial
- The article discusses the theory of loop aerials for receiving and how they reduce the level of local noise by Lloyd Butler VK5BR
[ Hits: 1271 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- VSWR Reactive Power
- Many antennas and antenna designers neglect the true cause of loss. The major problem using short antennas is the reactance, not the length
[ Hits: 183 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6 ]
- W1GHZ Microwave Antenna Book
- The W1GHZ Online Microwave Antenna Book online
[ Hits: 9042 | Votes: 15 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Why a Beam Antenna
- Some basic antenna information for the newcomer
[ Hits: 887 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Why an Antenna Radiates
- How antenna works by ARRL
[ Hits: 14620 | Votes: 40 | Rating: 6.53 ]
- Why Are Antennas Built to Look Like They Do?
- Basic anctenna theory, general information on antennas
[ Hits: 352 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Why does ice on a wire dipole affect the SWR?
- Effects of ice an snow in a wire dipole antennas
[ Hits: 192 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- Why Radials ?
- Butternut article on radials usage on vertical and ground plane antennas
[ Hits: 705 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Why Vertical Antennas?
- K2KW notes on verticals antennas
[ Hits: 260 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Windom over a House Roof
- Experimenting OCF and dipole wire antennas over house roof. Effects of roofs on wire antennas
[ Hits: 385 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]